FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Loganair Codeshare Agreememt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2067361-loganair-codeshare-agreememt.html)

Scotflyer80 Feb 1, 2022 9:23 am

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Loganair and British Airways have today announced a expansion of there codeshare agreement.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/our-story...are-agreement/

The new routes added to the agreement are:

Aberdeen to Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Norwich and Southampton

Derry to London Stansted and Liverpool

Edinburgh to Exeter, Isle of Man and Norwich

Glasgow to Exeter

Inverness to Birmingham

Isle of Man to Birmingham and Manchester

Newcastle to Exeter

Newquay to Manchester

Teeside to Southampton

Scotflyer80 Feb 1, 2022 9:29 am

It says that BA already codeshares on 20 Loganair routes. I know that they already codeshare on:

Aberdeen to Kirkwall and Sumburgh

Edinburgh to Kirkwall, Southampton, Stornaway and Sumburgh

Glasgow to Benbecula, Islay, Kirkwall, Stornaway and Sumburgh

Inverness to Benbecula, Kirkwall, Stornaway and Sumburgh

Newcastle to Southampton

Teeside to London Heathrow

Does anyone know what the other 3 routes are?

atcodave Feb 1, 2022 10:04 am

Glasgow to Southampton is one.

rjhcambs Feb 1, 2022 11:02 am

LHR-GLA-Barra used to be one years ago but much more expensive on BA than booking the legs individually. If anybody is interested in the Barra beach landings, Loganair were offering day return flights from GLA for £75 this winter.

47Aitken Feb 1, 2022 11:46 am

Sitting on the LM 0399 , ATR , about to leave SUM , the flight attendant just announces this is the 60 th birthday of Logan-air , happy birthday Loganair but wx at Sumburgh atrocious , somethings never change ,

LimitingFactor Feb 1, 2022 1:04 pm

How annoying! Only a few weeks ago booked a MAN NQY on Logan which could have been added onto the end of my BA booking and earnt more TPs and made it easier by checking luggage through!

bwaflyer Feb 1, 2022 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by 47Aitken (Post 33954726)
Sitting on the LM 0399 , ATR , about to leave SUM , the flight attendant just announces this is the 60 th birthday of Logan-air , happy birthday Loganair but wx at Sumburgh atrocious , somethings never change ,

corporate-wage-slave Feb 1, 2022 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Scotflyer80 (Post 33954297)
Does anyone know what the other 3 routes are?

GLA to CAL (Campbeltown) and INV - MAN are the other two.

Nikko5 Feb 1, 2022 4:12 pm

Does anyone know whether you get the Loganair 15kg or 20kg luggage allowance if booked via BA code? Looking at a random date in March, EXT-GLA one way is £99 Loganair (15kg bag), £114 Loganair (23kg bag) or £109 BA, which is in the middle of the other two fares!

corporate-wage-slave Feb 1, 2022 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Nikko5 (Post 33955478)
Does anyone know whether you get the Loganair 15kg or 20kg luggage allowance if booked via BA code? Looking at a random date in March, EXT-GLA one way is £99 Loganair (15kg bag), £114 Loganair (23kg bag) or £109 BA, which is in the middle of the other two fares!

Assuming no other codes other than BA, then 23 kgs.

squawk Feb 2, 2022 12:27 am

I vaguely recall that in the heady 2017 days of the TLL run, one was able to construct interesting multi-stop itineraries involving codeshares around Scotland.

With these new routes, does something similar become possible again, albeit perhaps to a more limited degree? If I recall correctly, as Loganair doesn’t have J those only returned 20 TP per leg, so it wasn’t a huge earner, but could be a fun set of trips (and the base TLL fare was so low that it remained good value IIRC).

Edit: an example might be ABZ-LSI/KOI-GLA/EDI-LHR-ZZZ and return rather than ABZ-LHR-ZZZ

Concerto Feb 2, 2022 2:58 am

I wonder how INV-BHX works, because I can't imagine connecting from a BA flight onto that service in either direction. Or can it be booked as a standalone? Also, WIC airport seems to be missing from that list, but last I looked WIC was closed and there were no longer any operations there.

KARFA Feb 2, 2022 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 33956612)
I wonder how INV-BHX works, because I can't imagine connecting from a BA flight onto that service in either direction. Or can it be booked as a standalone? Also, WIC airport seems to be missing from that list, but last I looked WIC was closed and there were no longer any operations there.

they can be booked as standalone ba codeshare.

yes currently no scheduled flights to wick, although there are suggestions there may be this summer.

daftboy Feb 2, 2022 3:00 am

Interested to see LDY-STN on this list...I think I'm correct in saying that you can only normally book these types of codeshares as part of a wider itinerary on BA (i.e. they wouldn't normally sell a BA code as a standalone on a Loganair point to point), but neither LDY nor STN are otherwise on the BA network, so perhaps that could be bookable on its own and get TPs etc - which personally would be quite useful!

ajamieson Feb 2, 2022 7:29 am

Originally Posted by daftboy (Post 33956616)
Interested to see LDY-STN on this list...I think I'm correct in saying that you can only normally book these types of codeshares as part of a wider itinerary on BA

Most of these appear to be bookable standalone (but alas not with Avios) including LDY-STN.