Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a through ticket, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Loganair and British Airways have today announced a expansion of there codeshare agreement.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/our-story...are-agreement/

The new routes added to the agreement are:

Aberdeen to Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Norwich and Southampton

Derry to London Stansted and Liverpool

Edinburgh to Exeter, Isle of Man and Norwich

Glasgow to Exeter

Inverness to Birmingham

Isle of Man to Birmingham and Manchester

Newcastle to Exeter

Newquay to Manchester

Teeside to Southampton
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:29 am
Original Poster

It says that BA already codeshares on 20 Loganair routes. I know that they already codeshare on:

Aberdeen to Kirkwall and Sumburgh

Edinburgh to Kirkwall, Southampton, Stornaway and Sumburgh

Glasgow to Benbecula, Islay, Kirkwall, Stornaway and Sumburgh

Inverness to Benbecula, Kirkwall, Stornaway and Sumburgh

Newcastle to Southampton

Teeside to London Heathrow

Does anyone know what the other 3 routes are?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Glasgow to Southampton is one.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BA silver,
LHR-GLA-Barra used to be one years ago but much more expensive on BA than booking the legs individually. If anybody is interested in the Barra beach landings, Loganair were offering day return flights from GLA for 75 this winter.
salut0, nivsy, jrfsp320 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold life/ GGL and U2 plus
Sitting on the LM 0399 , ATR , about to leave SUM , the flight attendant just announces this is the 60 th birthday of Logan-air , happy birthday Loganair but wx at Sumburgh atrocious , somethings never change ,
KARFA and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
How annoying! Only a few weeks ago booked a MAN NQY on Logan which could have been added onto the end of my BA booking and earnt more TPs and made it easier by checking luggage through!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by 47Aitken
Sitting on the LM 0399 , ATR , about to leave SUM , the flight attendant just announces this is the 60 th birthday of Logan-air , happy birthday Loganair but wx at Sumburgh atrocious , somethings never change ,
yellow_peril and skipness1E like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scotflyer80
Does anyone know what the other 3 routes are?
GLA to CAL (Campbeltown) and INV - MAN are the other two.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:12 pm

Does anyone know whether you get the Loganair 15kg or 20kg luggage allowance if booked via BA code? Looking at a random date in March, EXT-GLA one way is 99 Loganair (15kg bag), 114 Loganair (23kg bag) or 109 BA, which is in the middle of the other two fares!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nikko5
Does anyone know whether you get the Loganair 15kg or 20kg luggage allowance if booked via BA code? Looking at a random date in March, EXT-GLA one way is 99 Loganair (15kg bag), 114 Loganair (23kg bag) or 109 BA, which is in the middle of the other two fares!
Assuming no other codes other than BA, then 23 kgs.
Nikko5 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:27 am

I vaguely recall that in the heady 2017 days of the TLL run, one was able to construct interesting multi-stop itineraries involving codeshares around Scotland.

With these new routes, does something similar become possible again, albeit perhaps to a more limited degree? If I recall correctly, as Loganair doesnt have J those only returned 20 TP per leg, so it wasnt a huge earner, but could be a fun set of trips (and the base TLL fare was so low that it remained good value IIRC).

Edit: an example might be ABZ-LSI/KOI-GLA/EDI-LHR-ZZZ and return rather than ABZ-LHR-ZZZ
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wonder how INV-BHX works, because I can't imagine connecting from a BA flight onto that service in either direction. Or can it be booked as a standalone? Also, WIC airport seems to be missing from that list, but last I looked WIC was closed and there were no longer any operations there.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I wonder how INV-BHX works, because I can't imagine connecting from a BA flight onto that service in either direction. Or can it be booked as a standalone? Also, WIC airport seems to be missing from that list, but last I looked WIC was closed and there were no longer any operations there.
they can be booked as standalone ba codeshare.

yes currently no scheduled flights to wick, although there are suggestions there may be this summer.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Interested to see LDY-STN on this list...I think I'm correct in saying that you can only normally book these types of codeshares as part of a wider itinerary on BA (i.e. they wouldn't normally sell a BA code as a standalone on a Loganair point to point), but neither LDY nor STN are otherwise on the BA network, so perhaps that could be bookable on its own and get TPs etc - which personally would be quite useful!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by daftboy
Interested to see LDY-STN on this list...I think I'm correct in saying that you can only normally book these types of codeshares as part of a wider itinerary on BA
Most of these appear to be bookable standalone (but alas not with Avios) including LDY-STN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.