Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a “through ticket”, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
The problem has been solved- Loganair have reduced the IOM-Manchester rotation to daily!

As suspected, the Manchester arrival and the Heathrow departure on 25 June were different aircraft.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Looking ahead to a trip to Shetland next year/spring

Using the Loganair website fares look extortionate

There doesn’t seem to be flights loaded for next summer season yet

I am a bit concerned re the current state of BA UK domestic with connection times at ABZ or GLA of only an hour

Is Loganair always expensive booked directly; BA looks a lot cheaper for dummy bookings this autumn

Do Loganair still do the connection via Dundee from LCY ; it didn’t appear on their booking engine
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Is Loganair always expensive booked directly; BA looks a lot cheaper for dummy bookings this autumn

Do Loganair still do the connection via Dundee from LCY ; it didn’t appear on their booking engine
I tend not to book a long way ahead, but do book LM services on BA fairly frequently. I always compare fares and generally BA is a few pounds more expensive but entirely justifiable on the basis of Avios earning and the better refund / rebooking options open to BA customers. Plus the baggage allowance can be more beneficial on a BA booking, not that i used that. So if BA is a lot cheaper I'd be double checking why that is. I think the Dundee service got moved to LHR. Note that LM can and will reshuffle and cancel flights quite mightily up to 2 weeks to departure, with some exceptions for Royal Mail and school services.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:40 am

I've just been trying to book flights on LM from DND to LHR for my mother at Christmas this year. Loganair's website kept on breaking at various points, no matter which web browser or device I used, so I then turned to BA and booked it as a code share.
There was no information whilst booking as to which fare bucket it was going to fall into, but looking at the booking terms shown by BA and the pricing, it looked as if it would be equivalent to LM's "Fly Flex" fare, i.e. 23kg, and with free seat selection.
Once the booking went through, I was able to retrieve it on Loganair's website, to discover that it's actually booked as a basic "Fly" fare. Mum tends to prefer to know where she's sitting in advance, and may be worried about the 15kg checked luggage allowance too - not that I think she has much to really worry about there. It's all a bit annoying really, no more.
Is this all an accurate interpretation though? The confirmation email from BA states a 23kg allowance, but does defer to Loganair's allowances.
Would I be better off cancelling the BA booking within 24h and trying to get booked directly on Loganair, somehow?
(The only other consideration would be adding some more "clan points" to Mum's Loganair FF account, although they are rather pitiful value anyhow, so I doubt it's worth the hassle...)
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by BrixtonBiker
I've just been trying to book flights on LM from DND to LHR for my mother at Christmas this year. Loganair's website kept on breaking at various points, no matter which web browser or device I used, so I then turned to BA and booked it as a code share.
There was no information whilst booking as to which fare bucket it was going to fall into, but looking at the booking terms shown by BA and the pricing, it looked as if it would be equivalent to LM's "Fly Flex" fare, i.e. 23kg, and with free seat selection.
Once the booking went through, I was able to retrieve it on Loganair's website, to discover that it's actually booked as a basic "Fly" fare. Mum tends to prefer to know where she's sitting in advance, and may be worried about the 15kg checked luggage allowance too - not that I think she has much to really worry about there. It's all a bit annoying really, no more.
Is this all an accurate interpretation though? The confirmation email from BA states a 23kg allowance, but does defer to Loganair's allowances.
Would I be better off cancelling the BA booking within 24h and trying to get booked directly on Loganair, somehow?
(The only other consideration would be adding some more "clan points" to Mum's Loganair FF account, although they are rather pitiful value anyhow, so I doubt it's worth the hassle...)
if booked as BA number then BA checked baggage takes precedeprecedence, but cabin baggage defaults to operating carrier
BrixtonBiker likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I fly this route a fair bit and my confirmation says 1 x 23kg baggage and hand baggage as per Loganair. Incidentally I always get put in seat 10A and can’t change it on line without charge. However when I get to DND the nice check in lady generally seems to space folks about the cabin!

It is a great service so I am sure your mum will enjoy it.

aks120
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You won't get Clan Points on a BA codeshare, but you do get TPs and Avios. Book direct with LM and you will get the Clan Point but not TP or Avios. I have had non-A seats but it's rarely a problem to switch. Or you can pay up if it's really important.
BrixtonBiker, mrow and aks120 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by ajamieson
BA has finally loaded codeshares for all of the LHR-LDY flights (last week it only showed the morning rotations as bookable through BA, now it is showing the evening ones as well).
was trawling through the thread wondering why BA.com wasn’t giving me option for May flights - they’ve only got the winter schedule loaded it seems (nothing after 30 March)

Any ideas on when / if they’ll load the summer schedule?
Old Nov 12, 2023, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Any ideas on when / if they’ll load the summer schedule?
It’s a when not an if. But all codeshares have to be loaded entirely manually into BA’s selling systems, so for this reason it tends to be loaded fairly late - it’s a small airline known for moving schedules around frequently and few people book this far in advance so they prefer to wait. I’d guess maybe around Christmas time for Summer.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 5:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
According to the Dundee Courier, Loganair will be continuing the DND-LHR for the next 2 years. Let’s hope the BA codeshare continues with it! I am quite enjoying the ease of departure and arrival into Perthshire that this route gives me!

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...rded-contract/

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Nov 23, 2023 at 5:48 am Reason: Added link
Old Nov 28, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
Am I missing something?

Hope this is an appropriate place to ask.

I’m hoping to fulfil a long-held ambition to visit Barra in early June 2024. There has been a bit of mission creep and rather than the overnight I first envisaged I am thinking of staying for 4 nights.

I don’t think there is any chance of a BA codeshare to BRR but I can cope with that.

What has taken me by surprise is how expensive the fares are and I wonder if I am missing something?

Direct from Loganair GLA-BRR-GLA is about £320 or I could do SOU-BRR-SOU for about £500 (SOU being reasonably convenient for me). Ba.com offered me LHR-BRR-LHR for about £800 (all economy). I have tried a few combinations of dates and the presence or absence of a Saturday night doesn’t seem to make any odds.

Any wise advice, please?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Seat allocation on loganair sectors

Going up to Shetland in May

Booked business flights with BA

I see BA auto allocate you seats that appear in n the loganair website for the loganair sectors

Just rang to see of I can manually change them via the loganair call centre ; the outward change seems to have appeared; not yet appeared on return probably because I only changed that segment today

When it comes to checking in for the flight; loganair has a 96 hour check in period and BA 24

Do you have to wait for the BA check in to avoid confusing everything?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
You can most certainly check-in for the Loganair sector at T-96 on their website and then separately check-in for the BA flight at T-24, even though the BA flight precedes the Loganair leg on the itinerary. It will not mess anything up. I have done this several times.
allturnleft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.