Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a “through ticket”, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Not quite, when Lufthansa was allowed to enter the previously closed shop Berlin market, BA were forced to leave as this predates the EU Open Skies agreement. Rather than abandon the market they bought a small West German outfit called Delta Air and over time this morphed into Deutsche BA flying B737s out of Tegel. BA inter German flying had to cease and the aircraft were redeployed in the UK, the displaced ATPs replacing the last of the HS748s to the Highlands and Islands for example.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Not quite, when Lufthansa was allowed to enter the previously closed shop Berlin market, BA were forced to leave as this predates the EU Open Skies agreement. Rather than abandon the market they bought a small West German outfit called Delta Air and over time this morphed into Deutsche BA flying B737s out of Tegel. BA inter German flying had to cease and the aircraft were redeployed in the UK, the displaced ATPs replacing the last of the HS748s to the Highlands and Islands for example.
So confused about what you’re referring to. Presumably you mean BA weren’t allowed to fly fifth freedom flights within Germany as a non-German company so they bought a German company and rebranded it as a franchise.

In the previous post you note that aircraft based as BHX and MAN were used to do internal flights within Germany but then you say that was different from the Delta Air outfit that they bought and later rebranded as Deutsche BA…

How does Berlin fit in? Did these developments happen before or after the fall of the Berlin Wall?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by salut0
So confused about what you’re referring to. Presumably you mean BA weren’t allowed to fly fifth freedom flights within Germany as a non-German company so they bought a German company and rebranded it as a franchise.
The Internal German Services were basically a consequence of the end of World War 2 and the arrangements made in relation to Berlin by the four Allies: France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States. As this article puts it:
... Of course, there was no longer any Deutsche Lufthansa and even when the airline was re-established it was forbidden from serving Berlin.

​All civil operations had to be operated by the airlines of the victorious powers – the USA, UK and France. These not only included services connecting to other capital cities but also domestic services that would become known as the IGS (Inter-German Services). ...
The article continues in a part 2, a part 3 and a part 4. The end of part 4 relates how LH was able to start serving Berlin, the subsequent history of the ending of the IGS arrangements and BA's acquisition of Deutsche BA.
salut0 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Interestingly flying Loganair today, , GLA-EXT booked on BA, BA ticket, GCH: At BA lounge- “no lounge access in GLA when flying Loganair”
Me- “even when this is a BA ticket?”
“No, sorry!”

caught me out, but no drama.
just a data point for anyone else doing similar.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
Interestingly flying Loganair today, , GLA-EXT booked on BA, BA ticket, GCH: no lounge access in GLA, sorry!
caught me out, but no drama.
just a data point for anyone else doing similar.
the lounge agent was actually wrong in this instance. if you are on a BA codeshare, booked on a BA issued 125-... ticket, and a BA gold card holder, you should get access to the BA lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
the lounge agent was actually wrong in this instance. if you are on a BA codeshare, booked on a BA issued 125-... ticket, and a BA gold card holder, you should get access to the BA lounge.
This is really quite unusual for GLA, as the agents seem very switched on. Perhaps worth the Op making it known on return? (Assuming returning to Glasgow?). Most certainly if on BA ticket flying Loganair, access should be available.as Gold and indeed if Silver.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
You would think scanning the BP would say Yay or Nay...
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Sealink
You would think scanning the BP would say Yay or Nay...
the scanner at the CCR still says nay to me with a big red cross, so there is no chance the scanner at GLA would work this one out
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Originally Posted by nivsy
This is really quite unusual for GLA, as the agents seem very switched on. Perhaps worth the Op making it known on return? (Assuming returning to Glasgow?). Most certainly if on BA ticket flying Loganair, access should be available.as Gold and indeed if Silver.
was the same lady on the desk when I returned a few hours later- was doing a back to back at EXT, so I didn’t see the value in having the same conversation again. She was quite adamant during the discussion, even in so far as to tell me I would get avois and TP’s for the flight, but no lounge.
nivsy and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
was the same lady on the desk when I returned a few hours later- was doing a back to back at EXT, so I didn’t see the value in having the same conversation again. She was quite adamant during the discussion, even in so far as to tell me I would get avois and TP’s for the flight, but no lounge.
she needs to look at the lounge eligibility guide.
nivsy likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 23, 2022 at 12:05 pm
Old Apr 23, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
I concur. Last week I flew LHR / GLA in CE and onwards GLA / SOU on Loganair which was booked on one itinerary on BA.com with a BA flight number.
For the GLA/SOU I had a Loganair paper boarding card with an LM flight number. I scanned this actual boarding pass at the BA lounge and got the green tick for entry. I'm a GCH.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
I concur. Last week I flew LHR / GLA in CE and onwards GLA / SOU on Loganair which was booked on one itinerary on BA.com with a BA flight number.
For the GLA/SOU I had a Loganair paper boarding card with an LM flight number. I scanned this actual boarding pass at the BA lounge and got the green tick for entry. I'm a GCH.
LHR-GLA-SOU beats South Western Railway trains, any day!
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA silver
Quick question on Loganair flights as BA codeshares - have just booked LHR to Teesside for a trip home, something that I havent done since BMI disappeared!
Was surprised to find the BA codeshare £20 cheaper than direct from Loganair's Fly fare with 15kg allowance, while our etickets show BA's standard 23kg allowance.
The BA PNR also works on the Loganair site MMB, and on there we can see we have been pre-allocated seats, but with no option to change them (BA MMB doenst mention seating at all).
A fresh booking on the Loganair for the same flights now shows these seats as occupied.
Is it likely that we can change these before checkin opens (eg by calling loganair) or during checkin? The current seats in row 12 arent too bad on a ERJ-145, but if it changes to a 135 those seats are going to be very close to the back of the cabin & the engines.
tigertanaka likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's a very short flight, as a tough Northerner I'm sure you'll manage! But usually online check-in works on the web (but not App) version of MMB, and they just give you the allocated seat - no seat selection. I haven't tried calling the Glasgow contact centre to change it, but they have an admirable record for customer service, but I have managed to change it at the airport desk without issue, plus I suspect the crew on board will be very happy for you to move after the weight checks have been done, maybe after take-off.
nivsy and paul71 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by paul71
Quick question on Loganair flights as BA codeshares - have just booked LHR to Teesside for a trip home, something that I havent done since BMI disappeared!
Was surprised to find the BA codeshare £20 cheaper than direct from Loganair's Fly fare with 15kg allowance, while our etickets show BA's standard 23kg allowance.
The BA PNR also works on the Loganair site MMB, and on there we can see we have been pre-allocated seats, but with no option to change them (BA MMB doenst mention seating at all).
A fresh booking on the Loganair for the same flights now shows these seats as occupied.
Is it likely that we can change these before checkin opens (eg by calling loganair) or during checkin? The current seats in row 12 arent too bad on a ERJ-145, but if it changes to a 135 those seats are going to be very close to the back of the cabin & the engines.
Just call Loganair and they will change your seats every time. If you're on a lower fare there could be a charge for this, usually about £9. Don't be surprised if the agent fails to ask you to pay. When it comes to check-in you will see a message saying no E-ticket issued. You'll then need to call back where you'll be told that you just owe for seats, so don't panic. With regards to check-in Loganair email you 3 days before travel and invite you to check in on their website at that time. You'll then have a Loganair boarding pass with an LM flight number. You'll receive your TPs and avios 3 days after the flight.
paul71 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.