Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a “through ticket”, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:05 am
ECR

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Most of these appear to be bookable standalone (but alas not with Avios) including LDY-STN.
It is great to see the number of Loganair routes bookable as a standalone flight under a BA codeshare increasing. Whilst you can't book a redemption flight with avios, you can use avios to reduce the cash price when booking under a BA code, albeit it won't be great value.

I know it won't happen as I don't think there would be any desire on either side, but I wish they would go back to being a BA franchisee. That would enable the use of avios for redemption flights, and allow BA Silver/Gold card holders to maybe get lounge access etc.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Most of these appear to be bookable standalone (but alas not with Avios) including LDY-STN.
Oh yes I can see that now, and to be honest the prices probably aren't much worse than booking the fare that includes luggage directly with Loganair

Originally Posted by ECR
It is great to see the number of Loganair routes bookable as a standalone flight under a BA codeshare increasing. Whilst you can't book a redemption flight with avios, you can use avios to reduce the cash price when booking under a BA code, albeit it won't be great value.

I know it won't happen as I don't think there would be any desire on either side, but I wish they would go back to being a BA franchisee. That would enable the use of avios for redemption flights, and allow BA Silver/Gold card holders to maybe get lounge access etc.
We can but dream!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Just looked at STN LDY ; can’t seem to be able to book; When will they load and from what date will the commence?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:55 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by allturnleft
Just looked at STN LDY ; can’t seem to be able to book; When will they load and from what date will the commence?
When I searched on the BA app it appears to be available to book from 8th February onwards.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ECR
when were they a franchisee? And what led to the demise of the deal — any idea on what it cost Loganair to use the BA brand?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I believe that the wiki on this post is missing one flight - there are now 38 I believe, but the wiki only has 37.

So which is missing?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Assuming no other codes other than BA, then 23 kgs.

Maybe this varies on some routes, as the BA site doesn't give a baggage allowance and just says that Loganair limits may apply. Not very helpful.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Assuming no other codes other than BA, then 23 kgs.
I have a CE trip booked for this weekend LHR/ABZ/KOI/GLA/LHR with BA flight numbers throughout

The Loganair boarding pass states that my Fare Type is 'Fly Flex Plus'
Check-in baggage on the boarding pass reads:
Fly Passengers have a baggage allowance of 15Kgs
Fly Flex Passengers have a baggage allowance of 23Kgs
Fly Flex Plus Passengers have a baggage allowance of 30Kgs
Exception, on routes to/from Barra, Campbeltown, Tiree and the BN2 Orkney Inter Isle services, baggage is restricted to 15Kgs
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And what does your e-ticket say?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Originally Posted by salut0
when were they a franchisee? And what led to the demise of the deal — any idea on what it cost Loganair to use the BA brand?
They operated as a BA franchisee from 1993 until 2008. Then they became one for Flybe until 2017 when they went head to head with Flybe.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by salut0
1994-2008 according to their website. No idea on what the costs were though. They became a Flybe franchise very soon after so I assume the ending of it was down to cost.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/our-story/our-heritage/
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
The TA ticket before any extra Gold allowance states the following which marries up exactly with a dummy booking in Club on BA.com, which is very different to what is shown on the boarding card for the Loganair sectors this morning. Loganair email invite you to check-in for their sectors directly even though its a through booking on a BA ticket with BA flight numbers.

BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
ADT
BA LHRKOI 2PC
BAG 1 - NO FEE UPTO70LB/32KG AND UPTO81LI/208LCM
BAG 2 - NO FEE UPTO70LB/32KG AND UPTO81LI/208LCM

BA KOILHR 2PC
BAG 1 - NO FEE UPTO70LB/32KG AND UPTO81LI/208LCM
BAG 2 - NO FEE UPTO70LB/32KG AND UPTO81LI/208LCM
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Your e-ticket is your contract here, and the check-in staff will be able to see that, except at a few places like CAL where they haven't updated the Commodore C64 yet. But it's well known that BA has different allowances, ditto code shares on Aer Lingus. There is a bit about it on BA.com/baggage
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I really wish they had added the LCY-DND route - I would have been on it weekly!

aks120
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Not Barra....😤
squawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.