Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by TTmex
I'll let you know if there is a copy of Grays Sports Almanac in the seat pocket
The dehydrated pizza would save a lot of galley space.
TTmex likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Executive Club accounts unavailable until 17 November

Does an IT upgrade really take this long in 2021?

I called the GGL line to make a redemption booking, but was told cash bookings only until Wednesday.

Also, I don't remember receiving any advance notification of this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Anfield
Does an IT upgrade really take this long in 2021?

I called the GGL line to make a redemption booking, but was told cash bookings only until Wednesday.
BA have been posting about this for quite some time, so was an expected change. There are some threads on it already.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:28 am

I saw the same thing and thought this was insane - Thanksgiving is in two weeks and they go down for several days?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by TTmex
BA have been posting about this for quite some time, so was an expected change. There are some threads on it already.
I guess I should come here more often
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
What surprises me is they haven't added a note on the website, for people who may have missed the emails. You try and log in and it just says "our systems aren't responding, try again later". Why not add a message similar to the emails summarising what can and can't be done, to try and reduce unnecessary calls?!
scoonee and m8_rotate like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevebintley
What surprises me is they haven't added a note on the website, for people who may have missed the emails. You try and log in and it just says "our systems aren't responding, try again later". Why not add a message similar to the emails summarising what can and can't be done, to try and reduce unnecessary calls?!
when you click on LOG IN it states things will be back up Nov 17.

i did see the emails and ignored them because i dont have any need during these days to book anything but logging in today to see if some 600TP of flights this week had posted have left me a bit...unable to cope lol.
makin'miles and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by VSLover
when you click on LOG IN it states things will be back up Nov 17.

i did see the emails and ignored them because i dont have any need during these days to book anything but logging in today to see if some 600TP of flights this week had posted have left me a bit...unable to cope lol.
Anyone else travelling today feeling a bit, um, naked? Dashing from london to catch 850 to WAW and feel surprisingly anxious not being able to seamlessly check my status, TPs or other comforts. Using up phone juice looking for alternatives. Just my luck we will have an old LGW 320 with no charging facilities…
VSLover likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Really curious what they are doing to the backend.
When accessing my existing reservations it now tells me to join the Executive Club to see how many TPs/Avios I'd earn.
The add BAEC number screen still shows what I had entered before (unsurprisingly).
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:40 pm

I hear it is being aligned with Metaverse from BookFace. We can spend avios on virtual escapes.
TraumaDoc and Speedbird7304 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Just checking - but from the timestamp of your post it looks as if you changed your UuA pre-outage. Is that correct?

Has anyone had any luck changing a UuA during the outage? I believe they are classified as cash bookings so wondering if they will also be affected.

I managed to change one of mine on the 12th (35 min wait time on the Silver line - only took a couple minutes to change once I got through). Unfortunately I need to change it again and the flight departs on the 18th. Fingers crossed the planned outage doesn't go beyond the 17th
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oakles
Just checking - but from the timestamp of your post it looks as if you changed your UuA pre-outage. Is that correct?

Has anyone had any luck changing a UuA during the outage? I believe they are classified as cash bookings so wondering if they will also be affected.

I managed to change one of mine on the 12th (35 min wait time on the Silver line - only took a couple minutes to change once I got through). Unfortunately I need to change it again and the flight departs on the 18th. Fingers crossed the planned outage doesn't go beyond the 17th
I'm only hypothesizing that they should be ok. The ticket is issued and you don't need to charge any avios etc. I think the only problem might occur should the changed ticket require a deposit of additional avios due to it being peak/off-peak. Would be interesting to know the answer, but in the grand scheme of things will probably be irrelevant in 2 days.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Good point about a potential off-peak/peak change in Avios. Forgot about that. Thankfully the date I want to change too is also off-peak.

Fingers crossed things are back to normal on the 17th. If not, I will provide an update what happens with UuA change requests.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:40 am

As a side note, back in 2011 when the last major overhaul of EC occured, the Moderators from here where invited to Waterside well ahead of the changes to meet with the BAEC team, including the famed James Hillier
We were asked about topics such as what we thought of the proposed changes, how it could be communicated with the FT parish, what we thought of the new Card design (I recall us all recoiling seeing the Bronze Card) etc.
It was a really productive day, and it helped the Mod Team prepare for the incomming s--tstorm, but also gave Prospero ample time to generate graphics and illustrations.

These days it's like: EMAIL> WE CHANGE STUFF> ACCOUNT CLOSED FOR A WEEK. WHO KNOWS?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I suspect that wouldn't happen now, albeit this isn't an overhaul of BAEC but instead a transfer on to a different platform - so no changes expected ..... for now
Petrus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.