Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 5:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I was on the first flight LHR-MAN this morning. Super quiet flight and interestingly apparently the return flight is also due to be pretty quiet.

I wonder if this is normal ebb and flow of demand or whether some of the bad press about Manchester is starting to impact customer buying habits. The notes in this thread about lounges being busy may indicate no reduction in demand but I was surprised to see this morning's flight maybe 25% full.
The flight back had only 11 empty seats, that's a pretty busy A320 service! Your flight had 48 passengers, so a very quiet flight.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Ebb and flow then... I was lucky it seems
Old May 18, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've not noticed if it is open or not, but you can give them a call to check: 0161 489 2342
Thank you for this, yeah the number just seems to ring out without anyone picking up (and my phone also suggests it is the number for the Pork & Pickle) so not good signs.

Thank you anyway, I have tweeted MAN airport so assume I'll still be none the wiser.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: GGL
I was on the first flight LHR-MAN this morning. Super quiet flight and interestingly apparently the return flight is also due to be pretty quiet.

I wonder if this is normal ebb and flow of demand or whether some of the bad press about Manchester is starting to impact customer buying habits. The notes in this thread about lounges being busy may indicate no reduction in demand but I was surprised to see this morning's flight maybe 25% full.
I am not flying to/from Manchester right now so my buying habits have changed, yes.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by lorelai
Has anyone noticed if 'The Nook' has reopened? MAN's website suggests that due to Covid, it is closed at the moment, but I'm not sure I trust how up to date that is. We enjoyed it there last time, a little quiet haven away from the crowds. If it's not I might cough up for the lounge, probably a similar price if we have to be there 3 hours before our flight and neither of us having to drive at the other end...
I can look tomorrow - I thought I knew MAN T3 pretty well but haven't heard of "The Nook". Whereabouts is it? Is it in the eating areas beyond where the stairs / lift are to the old BA lounge?
Old May 18, 2022, 6:29 am

I can look tomorrow - I thought I knew MAN T3 pretty well but haven't heard of "The Nook". Whereabouts is it? Is it in the eating areas beyond where the stairs / lift are to the old BA lounge?
Right, this is going to be tricky for me to describe because I happened upon it by accident. We were in the zoo that is that middle round bar, and I needed the toilet so I headed off towards where the windows are out onto the runway, and went right around the corner towards the toilets. The Nook was on the left hand side, with seats in the window and a really nice looking bar, and I would say it's almost directly opposite the toilets or a little bit further back towards the main bar. It was tucked out of the way but I was so glad to find it!

If you were able to find out if it's reopened that would be very kind, thank you.

EDITED TO ADD: MAN Airport have just replied to my tweet. They said it has reopened and opening times vary by day. Thank you for offering to check
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:59 am

Has anyone noticed if 'The Nook' has reopened? MAN's website suggests that due to Covid, it is closed at the moment, but I'm not sure I trust how up to date that is. We enjoyed it there last time, a little quiet haven away from the crowds. If it's not I might cough up for the lounge, probably a similar price if we have to be there 3 hours before our flight and neither of us having to drive at the other end...
It was closed when we went through T3 on 30/04/22.
lorelai likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:10 am

The 'Nook' bar has been reopened, just opposite the newly installed 'Gender neutral' toilets !! , However, I wouldn't really call it a 'quiet' place though. The terminal now appears to be more crowded than it ever was pre Covid and that's with no Flybe operations anymore. It really is standing room only now all throughout the terminal.
lorelai likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by wythy
The 'Nook' bar has been reopened, just opposite the newly installed 'Gender neutral' toilets !! , However, I wouldn't really call it a 'quiet' place though. The terminal now appears to be more crowded than it ever was pre Covid and that's with no Flybe operations anymore. It really is standing room only now all throughout the terminal.
Thank you that's helped me make the decision, I've booked the lounge.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by wythy
This could quite possibly create confusion or even annoyance, are there guidelines as to exactly who is permitted to use the gender neutral toilets? Presumably anyone will be able to use them?
Old May 18, 2022, 11:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

This could quite possibly create confusion or even annoyance, are there guidelines as to exactly who is permitted to use the gender neutral toilets? Presumably anyone will be able to use them?
And no doubt blokes will have p**sed all over the seats by 6am making them unusable for anybody that wants to sit and pee

I also had never heard of “The Nook”. I’m still trying to picture where it would be. Is it separated from the main terminal (ie., walled with a door?), or just another bar?
Old May 18, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Really wish MAN would allow pre-bookings for Priority Pass, even for a small fee…
Old May 18, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Really wish MAN would allow pre-bookings for Priority Pass, even for a small fee…
The problem I think is that many, many, many people willing to pay the £45 door fee and they can even refuse those people. I believe Priority Pass pays less, probably much less. I think the situation will improve when the 1903 lounge will reopen. At the moment that single lounge can do whatever they want and can charge any amounts it will be always full.
Never Stansted and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Pre-pandemic they used to, £5pp to ‘reserve’ entrance. They won’t do that now, far too busy thanks largely to BA.
Never Stansted likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:06 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Pre-pandemic they used to, £5pp to ‘reserve’ entrance. They won’t do that now, far too busy thanks largely to BA.
I never knew that! Although, I never got refused at T3, even when it said no cards. I was always on my own, dressed for business, so they found me a stool somewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.