BA experience at Manchester

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.


Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3





























Print Wikipost

Old May 18, 22, 5:02 am
  #901  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,890
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
I was on the first flight LHR-MAN this morning. Super quiet flight and interestingly apparently the return flight is also due to be pretty quiet.

I wonder if this is normal ebb and flow of demand or whether some of the bad press about Manchester is starting to impact customer buying habits. The notes in this thread about lounges being busy may indicate no reduction in demand but I was surprised to see this morning's flight maybe 25% full.
The flight back had only 11 empty seats, that's a pretty busy A320 service! Your flight had 48 passengers, so a very quiet flight.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 5:33 am
  #902  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, ARN, HEL, ..... or MAN
Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Posts: 5,471
Ebb and flow then... I was lucky it seems
ThatT1Feeling is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 5:48 am
  #903  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
I've not noticed if it is open or not, but you can give them a call to check: 0161 489 2342
Thank you for this, yeah the number just seems to ring out without anyone picking up (and my phone also suggests it is the number for the Pork & Pickle) so not good signs.

Thank you anyway, I have tweeted MAN airport so assume I'll still be none the wiser.
lorelai is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 5:54 am
  #904  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: GGL
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
I was on the first flight LHR-MAN this morning. Super quiet flight and interestingly apparently the return flight is also due to be pretty quiet.

I wonder if this is normal ebb and flow of demand or whether some of the bad press about Manchester is starting to impact customer buying habits. The notes in this thread about lounges being busy may indicate no reduction in demand but I was surprised to see this morning's flight maybe 25% full.
I am not flying to/from Manchester right now so my buying habits have changed, yes.
cjb666 is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 6:17 am
  #905  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, ARN, HEL, ..... or MAN
Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Posts: 5,471
Originally Posted by lorelai View Post
Has anyone noticed if 'The Nook' has reopened? MAN's website suggests that due to Covid, it is closed at the moment, but I'm not sure I trust how up to date that is. We enjoyed it there last time, a little quiet haven away from the crowds. If it's not I might cough up for the lounge, probably a similar price if we have to be there 3 hours before our flight and neither of us having to drive at the other end...
I can look tomorrow - I thought I knew MAN T3 pretty well but haven't heard of "The Nook". Whereabouts is it? Is it in the eating areas beyond where the stairs / lift are to the old BA lounge?
ThatT1Feeling is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 6:29 am
  #906  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
I can look tomorrow - I thought I knew MAN T3 pretty well but haven't heard of "The Nook". Whereabouts is it? Is it in the eating areas beyond where the stairs / lift are to the old BA lounge?
Right, this is going to be tricky for me to describe because I happened upon it by accident. We were in the zoo that is that middle round bar, and I needed the toilet so I headed off towards where the windows are out onto the runway, and went right around the corner towards the toilets. The Nook was on the left hand side, with seats in the window and a really nice looking bar, and I would say it's almost directly opposite the toilets or a little bit further back towards the main bar. It was tucked out of the way but I was so glad to find it!

If you were able to find out if it's reopened that would be very kind, thank you.

EDITED TO ADD: MAN Airport have just replied to my tweet. They said it has reopened and opening times vary by day. Thank you for offering to check
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
lorelai is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 8:59 am
  #907  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by lorelai View Post
Has anyone noticed if 'The Nook' has reopened? MAN's website suggests that due to Covid, it is closed at the moment, but I'm not sure I trust how up to date that is. We enjoyed it there last time, a little quiet haven away from the crowds. If it's not I might cough up for the lounge, probably a similar price if we have to be there 3 hours before our flight and neither of us having to drive at the other end...
It was closed when we went through T3 on 30/04/22.
lorelai likes this.
Jimbojumbo is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 9:10 am
  #908  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by lorelai View Post
Has anyone noticed if 'The Nook' has reopened? MAN's website suggests that due to Covid, it is closed at the moment, but I'm not sure I trust how up to date that is. We enjoyed it there last time, a little quiet haven away from the crowds. If it's not I might cough up for the lounge, probably a similar price if we have to be there 3 hours before our flight and neither of us having to drive at the other end...
The 'Nook' bar has been reopened, just opposite the newly installed 'Gender neutral' toilets !! , However, I wouldn't really call it a 'quiet' place though. The terminal now appears to be more crowded than it ever was pre Covid and that's with no Flybe operations anymore. It really is standing room only now all throughout the terminal.
lorelai likes this.
wythy is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 9:46 am
  #909  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by wythy View Post
The 'Nook' bar has been reopened, just opposite the newly installed 'Gender neutral' toilets !! , However, I wouldn't really call it a 'quiet' place though. The terminal now appears to be more crowded than it ever was pre Covid and that's with no Flybe operations anymore. It really is standing room only now all throughout the terminal.
Thank you that's helped me make the decision, I've booked the lounge.
lorelai is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 10:21 am
  #910  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,890
Originally Posted by wythy View Post
The 'Nook' bar has been reopened, just opposite the newly installed 'Gender neutral' toilets !! , However, I wouldn't really call it a 'quiet' place though. The terminal now appears to be more crowded than it ever was pre Covid and that's with no Flybe operations anymore. It really is standing room only now all throughout the terminal.
This could quite possibly create confusion or even annoyance, are there guidelines as to exactly who is permitted to use the gender neutral toilets? Presumably anyone will be able to use them?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 11:57 am
  #911  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 17,294
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
This could quite possibly create confusion or even annoyance, are there guidelines as to exactly who is permitted to use the gender neutral toilets? Presumably anyone will be able to use them?
And no doubt blokes will have p**sed all over the seats by 6am making them unusable for anybody that wants to sit and pee

I also had never heard of “The Nook”. I’m still trying to picture where it would be. Is it separated from the main terminal (ie., walled with a door?), or just another bar?
DYKWIA is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 12:46 pm
  #912  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: JER
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 483
Really wish MAN would allow pre-bookings for Priority Pass, even for a small fee…
Never Stansted is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 1:01 pm
  #913  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Posts: 934
Originally Posted by Never Stansted View Post
Really wish MAN would allow pre-bookings for Priority Pass, even for a small fee…
The problem I think is that many, many, many people willing to pay the £45 door fee and they can even refuse those people. I believe Priority Pass pays less, probably much less. I think the situation will improve when the 1903 lounge will reopen. At the moment that single lounge can do whatever they want and can charge any amounts it will be always full.
Never Stansted and Tobias-UK like this.
Krisz is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 1:14 pm
  #914  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,890
Originally Posted by Never Stansted View Post
Really wish MAN would allow pre-bookings for Priority Pass, even for a small fee…
Pre-pandemic they used to, £5pp to ‘reserve’ entrance. They won’t do that now, far too busy thanks largely to BA.
Never Stansted likes this.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 2:06 pm
  #915  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 17,294
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Pre-pandemic they used to, £5pp to ‘reserve’ entrance. They won’t do that now, far too busy thanks largely to BA.
I never knew that! Although, I never got refused at T3, even when it said no cards. I was always on my own, dressed for business, so they found me a stool somewhere
DYKWIA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread