Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by wythy
The 'Nook' bar has been reopened, just opposite the newly installed 'Gender neutral' toilets !! , However, I wouldn't really call it a 'quiet' place though. The terminal now appears to be more crowded than it ever was pre Covid and that's with no Flybe operations anymore. It really is standing room only now all throughout the terminal.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This could quite possibly create confusion or even annoyance, are there guidelines as to exactly who is permitted to use the gender neutral toilets? Presumably anyone will be able to use them?
Yes, that’s the point of gender neutral toilets.

We’ve had them at work for nearly a decade and there have never been issues.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Report back from MAN T3 from your intrepid man in the field, who arrived at security at 08.30 on a Thursday morning.

Firstly was very disappointed to be turned away from Fast Track despite it now showing clearly on my mobile BP. This disappointment reduced slightly when the man at the gate gently reminded me that I was in the wrong terminal. Muscle memory, despite my best endeavours, had brought me back to T1 😳

So, off to T3 where there were:

- no issues with using fast track
- no queues at all - in fact pretty much no people in security
​​​​​​- friendly staff advising on what should go into the trays
- friendly advice that it’s best to miss early morning departures where possible. Apparently at 4am the queues were back to Ryanair checkin desks. By 7.30 apparently no queues at all.

Your reporter then went to search for The Nook. Definitely open, with loads of spare seats among quiet a quiet area of the terminal. In fact both ways behind the big circular bar it was quiet - just busy at the bar and in the gate 141 area.

Now in the Escape Lounge, BA area (although there’s no control on who sits where really) About 30% full - only gripe is lack of plug sockets which fit my MacBook plug.

So, pleasantly surprised so far..
Old May 19, 2022, 2:08 am

Ahh there it is, the little haven. Thank you for this! MAN twitter told me it is open again, opening times vary, they don't know what they are. Marvellous
ThatT1Feeling and Silver Fox like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by thatt1feeling
report back from man t3 from your intrepid man in the field, who arrived at security at 08.30 on a thursday morning.

Firstly was very disappointed to be turned away from fast track despite it now showing clearly on my mobile bp. This disappointment reduced slightly when the man at the gate gently reminded me that i was in the wrong terminal. Muscle memory, despite my best endeavours, had brought me back to t1 😳...
😂😂😂😂
Old May 19, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tobias-uk
😂😂😂😂
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Blimey am I at the right airport!?

Arrived into T3 at 1230 for the 1550, no agents on the desks at all (presumably attending to the 1300 departure), first one arrived at 1245, through security by 1255 - lots of agency staff all being proactively managed to where they're needed the most and all with smiles on their faces, in the (at capacity) lounge by 1305. It's like the olden times!

Downstairs meanwhile, as many others have said it's standing room only.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Last edited by BJ787; May 19, 2022 at 7:19 am
Old May 19, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
No queues this afternoon. Arrived 1320 for the 1550. 5 minute wait for check in and similar for fast track although regular queues for both were much longer.

Lounge was at capacity, turning walk ups away but good selection of hot and cold food.

Nice afternoon tea on the flight down to Heathrow and an on time arrival.

Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Some decent enough food in the lounge. Would be raiding the cheese plate for sure
Is it just business class that gets you in, and/or a gold card?

Is it still Menzies doing BA at MAN?
Old May 19, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Some decent enough food in the lounge. Would be raiding the cheese plate for sure
Is it just business class that gets you in, and/or a gold card?

CE and status.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
No queues this afternoon. Arrived 1320 for the 1550. 5 minute wait for check in and similar for fast track although regular queues for both were much longer.

Lounge was at capacity, turning walk ups away but good selection of hot and cold food.

Nice afternoon tea on the flight down to Heathrow and an on time arrival.

the food is nice, but sadly no variety so it is the same on every visit. It does become a little boring if you fly from MAN regularly.
highpeaklad and ademanuele like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire

Yes Menzies. To be honest I like the current crew, very approachable. Of course they working their socks off as I guess they could take on a few more helping hands.
I’m sure their favourite morning moment when BA flight to LHR and LGW both at 7:00 leaves the stands.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Is it just business class that gets you in, and/or a gold card? ...
Standard oneworld lounge access rules apply.
ademanuele likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Checked our bags in T3 shortly after 5.30am this morning, took about an hour to get through Fast Track security, given that passes can be bought from £4 you question the value of Fast Track, I so dislike Manchester Airport 😡
Silver Fox likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Checked our bags in T3 shortly after 5.30am this morning, took about an hour to get through Fast Track security, given that passes can be bought from £4 you question the value of Fast Track, I so dislike Manchester Airport 😡
my thumb of rules if you have to queue for the fast track scanner and the normal queue just around the scanner gate then normal queue is faster. Normal queue usually have at least 4 scanners whilst fast track goes to the single scanner. So In my last to recent visit I just joined the normal queue and was through about 25-40 min. Which was significantly faster than fast track.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Checked our bags in T3 shortly after 5.30am this morning, took about an hour to get through Fast Track security, given that passes can be bought from £4 you question the value of Fast Track

Does BA flog fast-track to those not automatically entitled to it through BAEC status or class of travel?

The airport seems disciplined enough to limit the sale of these passes, turning off the tap now and again when (I'm guessing) it's in danger of swamping the system. But i discovered Ryanair could still sell me a pass, even when the airport tap had been turned off.

I so dislike Manchester Airport 😡

I think you are part of a very large group

My fleeting love affair with the airport lasted only a few minutes after I'd panicked my way back to security to (successfully) recover the mobile I'd left there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.