Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:08 am
Original Member

Any insight on what a BA flight operated by Aer Lingus from T2 to MCO is like at the moment? I assume check in shouldn’t be too bad as there are not loads of Aer Lingus flights going, but you then have the security line to join. Who are the ground staff at Manchester for Aer Lingus?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tim_T
Any insight on what a BA flight operated by Aer Lingus from T2 to MCO is like at the moment? I assume check in shouldn’t be too bad as there are not loads of Aer Lingus flights going, but you then have the security line to join. Who are the ground staff at Manchester for Aer Lingus?
Check-in opens at -3hrs and flights are handled by Menzies as are all IAG airlines at MAN. Security in T2 has been relativly stress free of late. The only issues are being the well known Swissport issues, which, in the case of baggage sortation can have a knock on effect to the whole airport operation.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The MAN website it telling me that my EI flight to DUB (booked via BA) goes from T1 but I see that other EI flights are going from T2. Is that right?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
The MAN website it telling me that my EI flight to DUB (booked via BA) goes from T1 but I see that other EI flights are going from T2. Is that right?
Aer Lingus UK (Transatlantic operation) to MCO and JFK operate from T2. Aer Lingus mainline and Aer Lingus regional (Emerald airlines) to DUB and BHD operate from T1.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I can do the LGW-MAN on Saturday morning, and then catching the MAN-LHR 50 mins later which the same plane does.
That's one hell of a LGW-LHR transfer 😁
KARFA, SxMan, Mater and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:44 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by wythy
Check-in opens at -3hrs and flights are handled by Menzies as are all IAG airlines at MAN. Security in T2 has been relativly stress free of late. The only issues are being the well known Swissport issues, which, in the case of baggage sortation can have a knock on effect to the whole airport operation.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond, thank you
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Mixed experience with my self-transfer INT->UK at MAN yesterday. Arrival was smooth, immigration quick, and the walk over to T3 was ok.
At security, there wasn't really much of a queue for normal or fast track, but the staff were all unprofessional and rude.

The lounge BA uses was closed which was a bit of a shame and the terminal was completely packed (with mainly Ryanair customers), and there was no chance to sit down for a meal/drink. Boarding and departure was on time and the flight down very pleasant.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
...At security, there wasn't really much of a queue for normal or fast track, but the staff were all unprofessional and rude...
In what way?

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
... The lounge BA uses was closed which was a bit of a shame and the terminal was completely packed (with mainly Ryanair customers), and there was no chance to sit down for a meal/drink...
What time was this?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
32 minute flight from LHR this afternoon- 78 minutes after disembarking before the bags started to appear on the belt
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In what way?

What time was this?
There was lots of shouting going on; people had issues scanning their BP at the entrance to security and the staff stood by, looked on but didn’t attempt to help (Attitude: only my problem once they’ve come through the gates, less work if they don’t). Secondary screening was chaotic, liquids seem to have caused issues for many but staff couldn’t or didn’t want to explain what needs to be done with liquids.

The lounge apparently closes at 17:30 on Saturdays which isn’t ideal for the 20:50 BA departure. I’m sure demand for other walk up guests would have been very strong till 20:00 but perhaps this is also due staffing issues.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tim_T
BA do not fly from MAN-MCO directly and do not currently have any long-haul flights operated by Aer Lingus on their behalf.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
BA do not fly from MAN-MCO directly and do not currently have any long-haul flights operated by Aer Lingus on their behalf.
You can book them on a BA flight number though, which I assume is what they were getting at.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Spoiler

32 minute flight from LHR this afternoon- 78 minutes after disembarking before the bags started to appear on the belt
Sunday have been bad for bag wait times at Manchester for quite some time unfortunately.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:36 pm

error in post
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
That's one hell of a LGW-LHR transfer 😁

I have met KARFA when he was going from Leeds to Manchester via Heathrow- so it seems very normal to me!

Last edited by Barnaby100; Jun 5, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.