Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get in contact with BA holidays?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:47 am

At least the anxiety would get you prepped for the nightmare of getting through to them. Seems apt to me.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BJ787
Whilst it can be near impossible to get hold of any of them at present, I find the service from those at BAH above all the other BA call centres to generally be exceptional, they do give an impression on the whole of actually wanting to help.

Maybe pop a Well Done in for her - https://www.britishairways.com/welldone/
Thank you for the link, I will definitely do this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Sorry for dragging up this old thread again, but just wanted to report on my experience with the chat function on the BA website. I had a connecting flight on a BAH cancelled and the re-booked option only left me with a 2.5 hour window to connect from BA Intl to Domestic AA at JFK. While doable, I hate to rush but the website didn't give me any option to make online changes other than accepting the proposed flight. The trip is still a while out but having read about the nightmare of contacting BAH over the phone, I didn't even bother trying.

I used the Chat function which is described in one of the earlier posts and got into a queue straight away. The chatbot asked for booking reference, invoice address and e-mail address and description of the issue. I was 31st in the queue but it went down really quickly and I had a live agent within about 10 minutes., the live agent then only asked for CC details, i.e. CVV/expiry date. I told them which flight I wanted to be booked on and it was all done within about 2 minutes. Really great way of getting things done! For reference, this was at 15.45 UK time on a Wednesday.

Maybe this helps others.
corporate-wage-slave and RG1X like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:47 am
gw3

When I call BA Holidays I'm still getting the message that they are closed for new bookings and to use BA.com.
I can't get BA.com to price the multi-city trip I want and get errors. I also want to use a GUF2.
If I can get through at all, will they accept a new booking over the phone?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just select an option for changing a BAH booking. Note that BAH departing from Europe, apart from UK and Ireland, go via the Bremen office.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:44 am
gw3

Thanks CWS. I finally got through today and got the UK BA Holidays Team. Was first told I couldn't use a GUF2 with an ex-DUB booking. Was put on hold and was then told it was possible. Then I was told I couldn't upgrade AA sectors, only BA sectors. I told the agent the GUF voucher terms had changed in May, was put on hold again and was told yes I could use on AA.
Then I was told no availability to upgrade on any flights (I had check Ireland POS on expertflyer, and double checked UK POS just to be sure). Agent said she was looking at reward availability. Asked her to check A class. Another hold and availability was found.
Agent did admit she hadn't handled a GUF2 voucher booking since pre-pandemic.

Finally got a quote, I asked to pay in pound sterling and was told ex-Ireland bookings will only price in Euros. Call was at 90 mins at this point and she said she would have to put me on hold to double check, so I just paid deposit in Euros.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Having made a rather silly and potentially expensive error when booking a BA holiday yesterday, it gave me a bit of a sleepless night. I was on the phone at 8am exactly. It took 14 minutes to get answered but once through all was resolved very quickly and without charge as it was less than 24 hours. Phew!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Shingi
Having made a rather silly and potentially expensive error when booking a BA holiday yesterday, it gave me a bit of a sleepless night. I was on the phone at 8am exactly. It took 14 minutes to get answered but once through all was resolved very quickly and without charge as it was less than 24 hours. Phew!
Sounds positive, although presumably you must have called them in the first place to make the booking - as the 24hr rule doesn't apply to BAH bookings made online?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Sounds positive, although presumably you must have called them in the first place to make the booking - as the 24hr rule doesn't apply to BAH bookings made online?
No, I made the flight/hotel/car booking online at 4pm yesterday and paid my 150 deposit. Then I realised I had booked the wrong hotel (yes I know too many Pestanas to choose from) so phoned them this morning. The agent said that there would be no amendment charge as I had contacted them within 24 hours.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Shingi
No, I made the flight/hotel/car booking online at 4pm yesterday and paid my 150 deposit. Then I realised I had booked the wrong hotel (yes I know too many Pestanas to choose from) so phoned them this morning. The agent said that there would be no amendment charge as I had contacted them within 24 hours.
Interesting - I wonder if the rules for online bookings have changed then or if it was just the cancellation right that didn't apply...
Shingi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.