Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Have BA cancelled the first round of BKK flights?

I thought they were due to fly LHR-BKK return from around mid-October onwards when I last checked but the first available date to book is now showing as 9th December. Since we have flights on the 10th, should I be worried?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I thought they were due to fly LHR-BKK return from around mid-October onwards when I last checked but the first available date to book is now showing as 9th December. Since we have flights on the 10th, should I be worried?

Hi,

I would keep an eye out on this thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...g-oct-1-a.html

That feels a bit too close for comfort to me as reopening dates seem to be pushed back most of the time and never forward ( or restictions being extended)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have just checked my seats for 12-24 April LHR-BKK-LHR and I have row 5 booked. On both the legs all of the row 1-4 seats are blocked out, could they be putting a First cabin on this route??
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by antipest
I have just checked my seats for 12-24 April LHR-BKK-LHR and I have row 5 booked. On both the legs all of the row 1-4 seats are blocked out, could they be putting a First cabin on this route??
Some flights are scheduled as a four class 787-9 - F would potentially be used as CW if the CW cabin is completely full - known as "FLUB" around here! Not out of the question on peak dates I'd say
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Some flights are scheduled as a four class 787-9 - F would potentially be used as CW if the CW cabin is completely full - known as "FLUB" around here! Not out of the question on peak dates I'd say
Those dates are on a 777 3 class. Club looks reasonably booked up already.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by GSTBD
Those dates are on a 777 3 class. Club looks reasonably booked up already.
Oh yes I hadn't noticed - April has switched to 777. Very unfortunate if these flights do end up being back on the unrefurbished 3 class birds as the hard product is very tired, especially down the back. I had thought they'd all be getting refurbished though so potential for a CS bird
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:47 pm

Oh yes I hadn't noticed - April has switched to 777. Very unfortunate if these flights do end up being back on the unrefurbished 3 class birds as the hard product is very tired, especially down the back. I had thought they'd all be getting refurbished though so potential for a CS bird
I agree those old 777s are awful. I think they are next in line for refurb though. The 4-class RR-engined 777s have all gone now so the 3-class must be next.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by GSTBD
I agree those old 777s are awful. I think they are next in line for refurb though. The 4-class RR-engined 777s have all gone now so the 3-class must be next.
Indeed - Boeing 777 Club Suites: route info and updates has the current three class G-YMMx series up next so I'd be confident these will switch to CS by April
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Seems like the flights are zero out until early Jan now. They may reconsider now that Thailand is off the red list. If not they have a rebooking arrangement in place with Finnair (via their Stockholm flights) including redemptions
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Seems like the flights are zero out until early Jan now. They may reconsider now that Thailand is off the red list. If not they have a rebooking arrangement in place with Finnair (via their Stockholm flights) including redemptions
Good to know, thanks. At the moment Finnair via Helsinki is only around £250 one way in Y and £750 one way in J so I’m not sure I would waste 30,000 / 90,000 Avios on this. Might just accept a cancellation and book my one way ticket with Finnair.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:45 am
formerly JackDann

Now Thailand is off Red List i'm strongly considering going there instead of Barbados in Jan - i'd have thought that carriers will be putting more flights on this route, not less!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JackDann
Now Thailand is off Red List i'm strongly considering going there instead of Barbados in Jan - i'd have thought that carriers will be putting more flights on this route, not less!
The UK’s ever changing traffic light system is not the only part of the equation - you also have to factor in the entry restrictions on the Thai side which are still unclear after October.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:16 am
formerly JackDann

Absolutely - but i'd imagine that as the days go on, there will be much more clarity and therefore it may be seen as a more viable route to operate. I had a look at BA's timetables, the flights are not available to book, but i'd be thrilled if they kept these flight times.

Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Fully vaccinated travellers from nations including the UK will no longer need to quarantine in Thailand from 1st November.

Read the BBC article ...
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:50 am

Finnair is selling ARN-BKK in Business dirt cheap, with this code DIREKT10you get an additional 10% off (on direct flights only. last flight is end of april)
and the price will be SEK9,064 i.e. £760 return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.