Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Something I discovered today and have reached out to VeriFly to check, but when I set up a trip to Croatia and more specifically ZAG, the app says that double vaccinated pax don't need to do a COVID test prior to travel. However, the official advice on the gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements) website says that pax have to do a test regardless of vaccination status.

Does anyone know that the correct advice is? As VeriFly thinks you don't need a test, it doesn't allow you to add a test result in, but I think this might be incorrect!

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:45 am

So trying to complete VeriFLY in advance of our trip to Antigua on the 10th. My wife seems to have managed it all seamlessly however my test keeps getting rejected as it’s more than 3 days from departure….however requirements for ANU are a negative test within 7 days before departure.

I’ve uploaded the same test 4 times now alll with rejections, is this likely to cause me any issues?

TMM
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
I’ve uploaded the same test 4 times now alll with rejections, is this likely to cause me any issues?
No. VeriFLY and similar uploads are designed to reduce pressure on the limited number of ground agents BA have at LHR and elsewhere, by getting some people through the system more quickly. Most people are not using VeriFLY, they give the paperwork over at check-in. The presence of a VeriFLY tick does not guarantee a smooth passage either, since many BA ground agents aren't accepting it.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:14 am

Thanks so much.

I assumed that was the case but the wife is a bit of a stickler.

in any case, managed to get my test accepted….7th time lucky
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by woobl
Something I discovered today and have reached out to VeriFly to check, but when I set up a trip to Croatia and more specifically ZAG, the app says that double vaccinated pax don't need to do a COVID test prior to travel. However, the official advice on the gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements) website says that pax have to do a test regardless of vaccination status.

Does anyone know that the correct advice is? As VeriFly thinks you don't need a test, it doesn't allow you to add a test result in, but I think this might be incorrect!

Thanks!
Yes you do need a test when travelling from the UK to Croatia even if double vaccinated. This requirement came in last week so perhaps Verifly hasn’t been updated yet.

The official word from Croatia including the specific test requirements is here https://mup.gov.hr/uzg-covid/english/286212
(scroll down towards the bottom for countries with special measures).

To keep this on topic of experiences, having completed Verify before my current trip (I’m in Croatia now) I sailed through the first wing check-in with no issues. My friend on the same booking, same flight and also completed on Verifly checking in at the adjacent desk to me was delayed whilst a lengthy call was made to a supervisor ‘to check if the paperwork was ok’. It all was, so I don’t know what the issue was.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
New to Verifly and have trip to Greece in next few days. BA does not appear on list of airlines, only AA and of course no route LHR ATH. Is this correct and how it should be.

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by binman
New to Verifly and have trip to Greece in next few days. BA does not appear on list of airlines, only AA and of course no route LHR ATH. Is this correct and how it should be.

Thanks
Not all routes are in scope, see posts 27 and 46. For Greece there should be an option to upload the relevant paperwork in MMB.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Not all routes are in scope, see posts 27 and 46. For Greece there should be an option to upload the relevant paperwork in MMB.
Thank you
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:28 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by binman

Thanks
I did this yesterday for my flight to Greece today - in MMB there is a link to upload documents for travel - in my case proof of vaccination, and the PLF for Greece.
You receive a tracking reference number in an email in return - which for me said my reference couldn’t be found when I kept checking its progress, until it was approved, so don’t be put off by this.
Once approved I received 2 green ticks for the documents, and the checkin agent this morning was able to verify this, and just wanted to see the physical PLF.

Pretty easy to do.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by pH
Have there been any experiences using Verifly USA-->UK for those on a BA booking/ticket but the flight is a BA codeshare on AA metal? As I would be checking in with AA, does that mean I would have to follow AA's Verifly procedures?

Thanks so much for any information (however anecdotal it may be!) Apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread.
In my experience with code share flights and VeriFLY, you should set it up as though you’re flight is on the carrier you’re physically flying. So if you’re on a AA-ticketed flight but BA metal, set up VeriFLY as though you’re on the BA flight itself, using the BA flight number and so on.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Flying to GVA tomorrow and there doesn't appear to be any Verifly route (Switzerland not in the list) and no option in MMB to upload any documents. I'm allowed to check-in but not get my boarding pass as "the travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight". Should I just chill out and deal with it at check-in? TIA
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by fender5787
Does anyone know what the “arrival test reference number” is on the VeriFLY app? It’s a requirement that goes along with the uk govt travel authorization form, but I don’t have the slightest idea what it is. I will just be transiting through heathrow on the way back to the US
Not sure if this question has been answered upthread, but just FYI, it appears to be a basically pointless field meant solely for travelers who forgot to get a Covid test prior to departure and had to get one at a UK airport (before clearing Customs). I've now used VeriFLY twice and used 8-9 zeroes in this field, and it went through.

Also interesting that so many people are having problems getting their test results uploaded. I just did so last week in Stockholm for my return flight to the US (on BA & transiting through LHR). At least in Sweden, they're offering "travel certificates" in English signed by a MD, and my negative test was approved literally within three minutes of submitting it. Btw the BA gate agent at ARN definitely looked at mine (and appeared grateful, considering a family of four with enough luggage for a yearlong cruise – and, of course, no VeriFLY forms filled out – clogged up the elite check-in line for nearly a half-hour!).
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by pH
Have there been any experiences using Verifly USA-->UK for those on a BA booking/ticket but the flight is a BA codeshare on AA metal? As I would be checking in with AA, does that mean I would have to follow AA's Verifly procedures?

Thanks so much for any information (however anecdotal it may be!) Apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread.
I just did the inverse – an AA codeshare on BA metal – and definitely had to input the BA, not AA, info (including their flight number, which is pretty easy to find). VeriFLY doesn't appear to store any variety of codeshare data – I didn't even have the option of inputting my AA info. At least between ARN-LHR, BA only has two nonstops per day at present, so when I populated the airport fields I only had those two flights to choose from.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by marble35
Flying to GVA tomorrow and there doesn't appear to be any Verifly route (Switzerland not in the list) and no option in MMB to upload any documents. I'm allowed to check-in but not get my boarding pass as "the travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight". Should I just chill out and deal with it at check-in? TIA
Probably, but that location is of course on a third mechanism, namely the IATA Travel Pass. Unfortunately i feel you need to take one for the team here, so kindly download that App, create the IATA Travel Pass account, add the BA flight details and then see if this helps in T5. The huge downside is that IATA Travel Pass assumes you are using one their approved labs for the tests, which may or may not include your test company. Eurofins is OK, strangely, it would be odd if Randox isn't but I don't actually know.

[So the ways BA are handling all of this are
- VeriFLY for many destinations
- MMB document upload for Greece, Germany, Italy, Spain (?), Portugal, Cyprus
- IATA travel pass Zurich and Geneva
- At check-in (USA complex cases and if all else fails)
- At the gate (NL I think, many out-stations).
Good isn't it?]
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Probably, but that location is of course on a third mechanism, namely the IATA Travel Pass. Unfortunately i feel you need to take one for the team here, so kindly download that App, create the IATA Travel Pass account, add the BA flight details and then see if this helps in T5. The huge downside is that IATA Travel Pass assumes you are using one their approved labs for the tests, which may or may not include your test company. Eurofins is OK, strangely, it would be odd if Randox isn't but I don't actually know.

[So the ways BA are handling all of this are
- VeriFLY for many destinations
- MMB document upload for Greece, Germany, Italy, Spain (?), Portugal, Cyprus
- IATA travel pass Zurich and Geneva
- At check-in (USA complex cases and if all else fails)
- At the gate (NL I think, many out-stations).
Good isn't it?]
Very happy to be a guinea pig! Downloaded the app and presented with a "enter your invitation code". Any ideas on that one? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.