Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
BA agents have no issues booking complex itineraries over the phone and charge you in GBP. I've done one a few days ago, took minutes to set up, priced up cheaper than Matrix and paid in GBP. Make sure you tell them you couldn't get it to work on ba.com, so they wave the £10 phone booking fee.
Just tried calling the UK Gold line - they aren't taking sales calls. Did you call a different country's team or did the GGL number let you book?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:30 pm

update - found I could get this run on Amex Travel (BUD-LHR-JFK rather than BUD-HEL-JFK) for the same price and pay in GBP so all booked for Feb
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by danmushman
Just tried calling the UK Gold line - they aren't taking sales calls. Did you call a different country's team or did the GGL number let you book?
This is odd. Try calling again. They don't sell tickets for flights from Heathrow till 15 August, but you can still book anything beyond that date. I did call the GGL line yes, but I don't recall hearing anything about BA not taking any sale calls at the moment.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
update - found I could get this run on Amex Travel (BUD-LHR-JFK rather than BUD-HEL-JFK) for the same price and pay in GBP so all booked for Feb
Amex Travel can book that for you, Propeller Travel can book it in GBP for you too. Other reputable travel agents can book it too. Avoid OTAs.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:16 pm

Amex Travel can book that for you, Propeller Travel can book it in GBP for you too. Other reputable travel agents can book it too. Avoid OTAs.
yep - I've already booked it with them
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
This is odd. Try calling again. They don't sell tickets for flights from Heathrow till 15 August, but you can still book anything beyond that date. I did call the GGL line yes, but I don't recall hearing anything about BA not taking any sale calls at the moment.
The GGL line will still book flights for you, but the pre-recorded message for all other lines specifically states that they won't aid in booking flights at the moment.
Not sure if you can still get it done if you choose options other than 'wanting to book a new ticket' (if you do state this, you'll be hung up on automatically).
That's at least what I faced last time I tried a few weeks ago.
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Google flights links me to AA.com (Hungary edition) which wants payment in HUF (starting country).
Have you had success in booking a complex itinerary from GF/Matrix with BA via the phone in GBP? Is it generally straight-forward for them to recreate the booking?. My preference would be to book with BA in GBP using my BA Amex for maximum Avios. However if going to be a hassle I'll book in HUF with my other forex-free card.
I thought the currency on aa.com would be automatically linked to your country of residence. I am a UK resident but would like pay in USD because of my IDC, I choose USA as a residential country and my real address for the rest.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The GGL line will still book flights for you, but the pre-recorded message for all other lines specifically states that they won't aid in booking flights at the moment.
Not sure if you can still get it done if you choose options other than 'wanting to book a new ticket' (if you do state this, you'll be hung up on automatically).
That's at least what I faced last time I tried a few weeks ago.
The gold line will book flights if you select another option, or at lest they will if you explain that you've tried to book online and something went wrong.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by BR787
I'm flying #1 to visit some restaurants in Lima.
Worth a trip? This would be a fun getaway this autumn. Where would you recommend? Have not been to Lima since approximately 1990.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Worth a trip? This would be a fun getaway this autumn. Where would you recommend? Have not been to Lima since approximately 1990.
Dunno if it's worth it but I'll let you know in a month when I take the trip!

There's a list of top 50 restaurants in the world and three are in Lima, so that's what I'd recommend.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
I bet a few of you had some cancellations/schedule changes from AA yesterday. Had a load of changes on a DUB-SFO trip in November. Got it all sorted on the BA chat (wait time of 0 btw). I gave the agent an equally complex itinerary to rebook. This little exchange made me chuckle!!!
Attached Images  
salut0, MaxFlyer, our_kid and 16 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I had JFK-SFO and SFO-JFK sectors retimed and one cancelled yesterday. Great actually, because I could now book what I really wanted rather than services which had GUF upgrades available. AA always do this every 6 weeks or so and I was hoping it would happen, just didn’t expect it so soon.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Hi,
Looking at a reasonably good fare from DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX return. The Dublin flight is early morning 06:30. When I did something similar to this a few years ago I managed to get the first Dublin to London flight the night before but I can’t remember how? Using ITA Matrix with the LHR, JFK routing code works but returns the 06:30 flight. When I change to multi city and putting flight 1 the evening before, I can’t seem to get it to price any flights at all when I split the flights up.

Does anyone have an example screen shot or pointer on how to do this? I’ll keep trying in the meantime!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Strong recommendation for lunch at https://www.lamarcebicheria.com/ after the amazing sunrise arrival over the andes seen from 1a...
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Hi,
Looking at a reasonably good fare from DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX return. The Dublin flight is early morning 06:30. When I did something similar to this a few years ago I managed to get the first Dublin to London flight the night before but I can’t remember how? Using ITA Matrix with the LHR, JFK routing code works but returns the 06:30 flight. When I change to multi city and putting flight 1 the evening before, I can’t seem to get it to price any flights at all when I split the flights up.

Does anyone have an example screen shot or pointer on how to do this? I’ll keep trying in the meantime!
The problem appears to be selecting First Class flights. If I change the selection to Business or higher.. it does return flights in Business. When I select First Class it returns nothing as I assume the DUB to LHR flight (flight 1) is failing to find First Class. Yet if I don’t use multi city it does find a First Class itinerary albeit flight 1 is in Business. Hmmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.