Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Have just arrived in LA following my outward TP run from DUB. My original flight BOS -LAX with AA was cancelled but I was put on next flight and upgraded to First cabin. Will I get TPs for the upgraded seat (210 TPs I believe) or those (140) for the original booked flight in Business?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by higham44
Have just arrived in LA following my outward TP run from DUB. My original flight BOS -LAX with AA was cancelled but I was put on next flight and upgraded to First cabin. Will I get TPs for the upgraded seat (210 TPs I believe) or those (140) for the original booked flight in Business?
Should be 210
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RichieMc
What about something like this? Had to swap around the arrival/departure to PDX/SEA. In and out of SEA also work. But you can probably try other dates to get what you want. This gives you lie flats on all the long hauls. As others have said, you’ll almost certainly get schedule changes and cancellations so can further dial things in when that happens. But once you find something you can live with, book it.
Thanks a lot. That works well from a flight timing point of view as well - so would actually hope that sticks (but I doubt it). I’d better get on to sorting the trip out with my Oregon friend.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold * Alliance Gold IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint

Not the cheapest 960TPs but a pretty easy itinerary. Nice that this doesn't have the 180 day restriction. Can book in either A or F class. About $300 less if you are flexible enough to book 180 in advance.
Looks a great run but please forgive me if I’m wrong but is this trip not 920TP’s 40+210+210+210+210+40=920 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Not the cheapest 960TPs but a pretty easy itinerary.
That's so off-topic... well, among all the other n+1 off-topic posts that clutter this thread these days. That's hardly a TP run, considering the cost of the ticketed itinerary and how many TPs it yields. Yes, it's a good AA Flagship First fare, but it's not an actual BAEC TP run. Start a thread in the AA subforum, if you want to talk AA itineraries outside the scope of TP runs.
dougzz and Nephoi like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BA
Ba multicity

Im trying to book DUB-LHR-DENV-LHR-DUB but BA multicity isnt working properly. I want to do a day trip to Dublin for positioning but the multicity function gives flights outside the 24 hour period thus pushing up the price. However it works on AA?????????
Other than ringing BA any ideas?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by rowpott
Im trying to book DUB-LHR-DENV-LHR-DUB but BA multicity isnt working properly. I want to do a day trip to Dublin for positioning but the multicity function gives flights outside the 24 hour period thus pushing up the price. However it works on AA?????????
Other than ringing BA any ideas?
Question: why is this multicity booking issue here? Are you trying to book something TP heavy? What's the intended itinerary in that case? DUB-LHR-DEN-LHR-DUB isn't a TP run, so I'm confused by the question.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: BA
This is only a mini TP run starting from DUB rather than LHR. However the issue is the same for more complex runs. BA multicity isnt working properly
Any HELPFUL reply would be appreciated
BravoKilo likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by rowpott
This is only a mini TP run starting from DUB rather than LHR. However the issue is the same for more complex runs. BA multicity isnt working properly
Any HELPFUL reply would be appreciated
Okay, a "mini TP run." So you want something like DUB-LON-NYC-PHX-DEN and back for plenty of TPs? And you have an issue booking that as multicity? If so, calling BA for a BA ticketed itinerary is probably the easiest solution.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
That's so off-topic... well, among all the other n+1 off-topic posts that clutter this thread these days. That's hardly a TP run, considering the cost of the ticketed itinerary and how many TPs it yields. Yes, it's a good AA Flagship First fare, but it's not an actual BAEC TP run. Start a thread in the AA subforum, if you want to talk AA itineraries outside the scope of TP runs.
You made the mistake of thinking this is the TP run thread, rather than the any old crap on my mind thread. This thread is so far from where it needs to be it's no longer fit for purpose.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dougzz
You made the mistake of thinking this is the TP run thread, rather than the any old crap on my mind thread. This thread is so far from where it needs to be it's no longer fit for purpose.
remains the question how we can improve this situation. i made an attempt in NOV21 by offering my help to
- create a new 22 thread
- maintain this place
- update the wiki

and IIRC someone opened a 2022 thread early early JAN - it just got merged.
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by Nephoi
remains the question how we can improve this situation. i made an attempt in NOV21 by offering my help to
- create a new 22 thread
- maintain this place
- update the wiki
A construction attitude then and now, though perhaps denying people grounds for a gripe would be unwelcome .

The "obvious" (to me anyhow, hence ""s) answer is pretty much the same as yours: rename this thread so it leans into the fact that "BA Tier Point Runs" as a title to a forum invites discussion about tier point runs, and then create a new thread clearly named and moderated for deals only. E.g. rename this forum from "BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition" to "BA Tier Point Runs | discussion" + update its wiki AND create a new "BA Tier Point Runs | deals only, no discussion" forum with it's own appropriate wiki (they point to each-other of course). It's clear people would be happy to help with the work (mostly wiki editing).

IMHO the real bottleneck is not there being a reasonable plan from your or I, it's a case of co-ordinating with whoever has authority/responsibility to make helpful changes of that sort.

Originally Posted by Nephoi
and IIRC someone opened a 2022 thread early early JAN - it just got merged.
Yep, it's there but closed: BA Tier Point Runs | 2022 edition with the last message being:

As
KARFA mentioned above, a new 2022 thread is being prepped at the moment, so please continue to post in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition thread. Once the new thread is ready, it will be moved into the forum and back dated to 1 January allowing all posts from today forward to be moved into the new thread in due course.

We appreciate your patience

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
dougzz and Nephoi like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Should be 210
I did receive 210 TPs and credited to my account within 12 hrs of flight - impressive!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Absolute nonsense. There are all sorts of variables people take into account for a TP run. To say that people can’t post an interesting fare that they think might benefit others earn a whole bunch of TPs easily is outrageous. 920 TPs is not to be sniffed at and not usually earned easily.

For me, this fare has a relatively small premium over an average ex-EU which allows you to travel in F, access FFD in JFK and book on almost any flight through the use of the F bucket rather than A. That could make a huge difference for someone who (a) wants to pay for a little more comfort/experience than J and (b) might not have the flexibility to fly a totally crazy routing at unsociable times but still needs the TPs.

I don’t think a TP run should be defined by how awful the routing is or that there should be some absolute minimum $ per TP limit to avoid castigation by other forum members.

Thank you to the OP for highlighting this fare.
BravoKilo, jaro and RichieMc like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Absolute nonsense.
Au contraire.

Seriously speaking, what's the point of calling this a TP run thread, if just about anything goes in terms of fares and itineraries?

560 TPs, 920 TPs and what not for £2000-4000 is all fine and dandy? Come on, 920 TPs can be easily had on a large number of OW airlines and their fares in C, if one is willing to pay £2000-3000. Should we spend this dedicated thread for discussing every single way of earning hundreds or thousands TPs as being TP runs, without giving any adequate merit to cost? Because paying e.g. $3000 for a single ticket isn't really opening up just one option, but a plethora of them and it becomes pretty pointless to dedicate this thread to just about every possible fare. The information value is limited in the context of TP runs.

Sure, 920 TPs for three grand can be a TP run for someone, but it distracts the original point of the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.