FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:44 am
zoombee

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by Nephoi
remains the question how we can improve this situation. i made an attempt in NOV21 by offering my help to
- create a new 22 thread
- maintain this place
- update the wiki
A construction attitude then and now, though perhaps denying people grounds for a gripe would be unwelcome .

The "obvious" (to me anyhow, hence ""s) answer is pretty much the same as yours: rename this thread so it leans into the fact that "BA Tier Point Runs" as a title to a forum invites discussion about tier point runs, and then create a new thread clearly named and moderated for deals only. E.g. rename this forum from "BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition" to "BA Tier Point Runs | discussion" + update its wiki AND create a new "BA Tier Point Runs | deals only, no discussion" forum with it's own appropriate wiki (they point to each-other of course). It's clear people would be happy to help with the work (mostly wiki editing).

IMHO the real bottleneck is not there being a reasonable plan from your or I, it's a case of co-ordinating with whoever has authority/responsibility to make helpful changes of that sort.

Originally Posted by Nephoi
and IIRC someone opened a 2022 thread early early JAN - it just got merged.
Yep, it's there but closed: BA Tier Point Runs | 2022 edition with the last message being:

As
KARFA mentioned above, a new 2022 thread is being prepped at the moment, so please continue to post in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition thread. Once the new thread is ready, it will be moved into the forum and back dated to 1 January allowing all posts from today forward to be moved into the new thread in due course.

We appreciate your patience

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum