Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by webstereo
Always avoid the agro
Agro from mrs? What is it?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
qq: I have been playing w/ doing a Christmas TP run to Hawaii, looked at routing like SOF-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-HNL (and back) but the price is ~2.8k GBP - does anyone have any advice? Replacing SOF w/ BUD I get price cheaper by 50%

EDIT: Most likely because flights back have a more expense R/J bucket instead of I/I
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL
Hi. I'm very tempted by the BUD-HNL offer. Can someone tell me what the fare rules are, please?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by Spock77
Hi. I'm very tempted by the BUD-HNL offer. Can someone tell me what the fare rules are, please?

Thanks in advance.
six months advance purchase gets you to about £1400. BUD-LHR-(BOS/JFK)-LAX-(HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH) - rtn DO look at the other islands, not just HNL Hotels are expensive, car hire is expensive. Minimize the stay to 3 nights if you can. 4 nights stay on the US side of the Atlantic. Oh, and dont for get to spend a day or so in BUD - beautiful city!

we should get a separate thread going for BUD-Hawaii TP runs ?? Good Luck
Smid likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
six months advance purchase gets you to about £1400. BUD-LHR-(BOS/JFK)-LAX-(HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH) - rtn DO look at the other islands, not just HNL Hotels are expensive, car hire is expensive. Minimize the stay to 3 nights if you can. 4 nights stay on the US side of the Atlantic. Oh, and dont for get to spend a day or so in BUD - beautiful city!

we should get a separate thread going for BUD-Hawaii TP runs ?? Good Luck
That's great. Thanks.

Is there an end date to the offer and/or any restriction on travel dates?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Spock77
That's great. Thanks.

Is there an end date to the offer and/or any restriction on travel dates?
You never know when these dry up - so if you can find dates that work (and a 241+GUF can be great way to treat the other half ) then book it and relax. Dont know of any restrictions on dates, but doubt it. Put your dates into GFlights or ITAmatrix and have a play. Thats half the fun for me.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:10 pm

You never know when these dry up - so if you can find dates that work (and a 241+GUF can be great way to treat the other half ) then book it and relax. Dont know of any restrictions on dates, but doubt it. Put your dates into GFlights or ITAmatrix and have a play. Thats half the fun for me.
Very helpful - thanks.

I have only done a couple of these, and I confess that I find figuring out the itinerary a lot of hard work. If you enjoy fiddling around in ITA Matrix, then you should consider setting up a business finding flights for newbie TP runners, or lazy ones like me. It could be a lucrative business opportunity for you!
MaxFlyer and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:22 pm

Can anyone help with booking this on BA? I'm guessing that Propeller could do it? Thx
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:52 pm

Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:01 pm

Ah, this is sweet as mostly BA (propeller can book?) and has the lie flat from HNL to Dallas. Need to get cheap flight from LIH to HNL - but that is a great trip in itself! enjoy
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:11 pm

Ah, this is sweet as mostly BA (propeller can book?) and has the lie flat from HNL to Dallas. Need to get cheap flight from LIH to HNL - but that is a great trip in itself! enjoy
Worth noting its only 40 TP in J for the DFW-JFK sector.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jameslon
Worth noting its only 40 TP in J for the DFW-JFK sector.
Yep. And I’d recommend replacing DFW-JFK-LHR with something like DFW-DEN/PHX-LHR. You get a nice short 40 point flight and then a nice long overnight flight where you can eat and get a decent sleep. Hate that JFK-LHR.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I also look forward to the 2023 thread as I need to start looking ahead for fun trips.
Booked BUD-HNL in April, funders crossed for some autumn Asian destinations popping up!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:49 am

Thanks for the help and advice so far. My BUD-HNL trip in January is now booked (just over £1,500 for 820 TPs, which seems to be a reasonable rate nowadays, with a pretty comfortable itinerary) and I am booking the positioning flight.

The final leg of my return flight arrives in BUD at 11:35. The options to fly back to LHR are the BA869 at 12:25 or the BA867 at 17:45. It's tempting to book the earlier flight, which is presumably the same plane flying straight back, but I had a bad experience at DUB earlier this year with a similar situation where the queue at security for the home leg was catastrophically bad and I very nearly missed my final leg.

Any advice from those who have experience with BUD?
BravoKilo and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
375 tier points needed

hi everyone, seem to have hit a brick wall. I need 375tps by sept 8th. any ideas? I'm considering a LHR-HEL-ARN, ARN-HEL-LHR for £570 which will get me 240tps. But that leaves me with 135tier points still to get. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Currently ba silver. Its to gain gold and take advantage of the reduced tier points brackets

Last edited by twilson1995; Jun 18, 2022 at 11:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.