Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
So is this seat map out of date? We have an Alicante 321 next week showing 14 rows in club PLUS rows 15 + 16 XX out ( i assume in case of needing it)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...europe-seatmap

BA appear to have 'enhanced' away any mention of the word 'champagne' apart from First:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...food-and-drink

I'm sure they used to mention that word for Club Europe. Therefore they can take 15 bottles onboard for 48 CE pax and get away with it.

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Yes I'm aware of that. It was an example of an inefficiency when things perhaps don't go as well they could/should do - you chose not to embolden the important part that I'd mentioned - in a large Club cabin
I liked it last October our LHR - TFS flight when they served from front and back. Two trollies. We'd booked late and were in the last row of the Club cabin - 9. We had our food and drink early which was nice.

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 4, 2021 at 12:29 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I've never once had a problem getting drinks on BA, champagne included. However, they did run out of a rather nice Spanish Rioja towards to end of a LHR-MEX flight in Club. The CC very kindly offered me something off the First menu.

My experience with other airlines was worse. CX were notoriously stingy with their wine pourings on one of my LAX-HGK legs, AA had loaded two tins of beer for a flight between MEX and DFW, so wife and I got one each in the business cabin, and thankfully Iberia cancelled my last trip and I got a refund as they currently have a 1 drink per customer with dinner policy and that is on long haul business.

Not excusing BA's lack of Champers, but plenty of other airlines get it far more wrong.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TTmex
I've never once had a problem getting drinks on BA, champagne included. However, they did run out of a rather nice Spanish Rioja towards to end of a LHR-MEX flight in Club. The CC very kindly offered me something off the First menu.

My experience with other airlines was worse. CX were notoriously stingy with their wine pourings on one of my LAX-HGK legs, AA had loaded two tins of beer for a flight between MEX and DFW, so wife and I got one each in the business cabin, and thankfully Iberia cancelled my last trip and I got a refund as they currently have a 1 drink per customer with dinner policy and that is on long haul business.

Not excusing BA's lack of Champers, but plenty of other airlines get it far more wrong.
one drink only on Iberia? Can you drink before and after dinner?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I believe iberia have started to relax that restriction, but yes up until fairly recently it was one drink and only with the meal.
ENTP and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
one drink only on Iberia? Can you drink before and after dinner?
https://www.iberia.com/mx/on-board/on-board-menu/ Here is there website.

Reading the Iberia forum, seems some people have managed a top-up during the meal, but many confirmed that no drinks served outside meal times.
IB's catering & service during COVID-19
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Boeing77W
If you’re on a Gatwick flight number (four digits, beginning with 2) but operating from LHR, then the crew can’t access the E-PIL (electronic passenger information list) and therefore can’t see the status of pax unless they’ve been given a paper copy by ground staff. I doubt this issue has been fixed.
Interesting - hadn’t realised this was the case. Has anything been done to get it sorted now?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTmex
https://www.iberia.com/mx/on-board/on-board-menu/ Here is there website.

Reading the Iberia forum, seems some people have managed a top-up during the meal, but many confirmed that no drinks served outside meal times.
IB's catering & service during COVID-19
Pathetic and insulting
Old Sep 3, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by ENTP
Pathetic and insulting
Wholly agree. The cuts globally are nuts. I know in the US that on AA national flights (except the transcontinental I believe) you still can't even buy alcohol in economy. It's what inspired us to pay the extra to fly up to Dallas in business. The bigger seat is good, but at least 2-3 or glasses of wine makes it feel like a holiday.
ENTP likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ENTP
Pathetic and insulting
Meanwhile over on the Qatar forum some members are physically vomiting over there meal as it disgusts them so much for it to be served on a tray in Business Class during Covid. (It did give many of us a good chuckle)

I will take the tray and dine on demand any day over the 1 drink rule on long haul!
1Aturnleft and ENTP like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
10 rows of CE this morning coming down from MAN, last few rows of CE didn’t even get served!
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by cameramaker
10 rows of CE this morning coming down from MAN, last few rows of CE didn’t even get served!
Not that unusual to have a large Club cabins and they used to manage to serve an entire aircraft a hot breakfast.
lhrpete and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think there are lots of crew who are coming back from furlough and were perhaps WW before so the familiarity of the service routine for a 23 minute service time isn't quite up to speed yet.

Pre covid they would normally manage service even for such a large cabin.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 4, 2021 at 5:22 am
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by cameramaker
Pardon my inquiring - but how do you know this? Were you among or behind them?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Pardon my inquiring - but how do you know this? Were you among or behind them?
In front and saw that they didn’t manage to make it to the back of the cabin. Crew made an announcement to apologise for not being able to complete the service.
PUCCI GALORE and Dicksbits like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep I was on the same flight - behind the curtain - and heard the announcement. It was clear that 9 full rows wouldn’t get served with only 3 crew.

I allowed myself a wry smile as I was in an exit row with an empty seat next to me - and I did get my full serving of a small bottle of water and cereal bar from the one remaining crew
member 🤣
KARFA, ermis177 and cameramaker like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.