Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:20 am

I can confirm this is the case, long- standing lurker here and BA IFM ( inflight manager, new name for ex csd/CSM/purser)
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Do you mind telling us the source of this, please?
Long time lurker, rare poster but am also crew. BA has been operating on min crew for all flights both long and short regardless of pax loads since covid with no top ups. Apart from flights which require covid testing ex LHR to allow for some not to pass the test.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by hydro001
Long time lurker, rare poster but am also crew. BA has been operating on min crew for all flights both long and short regardless of pax loads since covid with no top ups. Apart from flights which require covid testing ex LHR to allow for some not to pass the test.
Thank you for that - they sound excellent credentials to me! I wonder if that will change after normal catering is resumed in January.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you for that - they sound excellent credentials to me! I wonder if that will change after normal catering is resumed in January.
I expect they wont as I dint think BoB is coming back in January is it? The IFM will just rejiggle where everyone works
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by delibag
I can confirm this is the case, long- standing lurker here and BA IFM ( inflight manager, new name for ex csd/CSM/purser)
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum delibag. It's always good to hear from crew members, I am always grateful for those who pop into FT on top of their day job. Passenger numbers do appear to be rising slightly, so hopefully this will see more crew coming off furlough before too long.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum delibag. It's always good to hear from crew members, I am always grateful for those who pop into FT on top of their day job. Passenger numbers do appear to be rising slightly, so hopefully this will see more crew coming off furlough before too long.
According to facebook posts, quite a few crew received emails today giving them 72 hours notice of returning to flying. My roster for the rest of the month is full.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Once you bring inefficiency into the mix (as invariably it will with any crew from time to time), it can go wrong pretty quickly (hand serving Club tray by tray in a large Club cabin springs to mind - still handing out trays at top of descent on a band 3).
CE service is permitted to be delivered from a trolley where appropriate.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Confus
CE service is permitted to be delivered from a trolley where appropriate.
Yes I'm aware of that. It was an example of an inefficiency when things perhaps don't go as well they could/should do - you chose not to embolden the important part that I'd mentioned - in a large Club cabin
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Another impact of these mega CE cabins...

The check-in queue at TFS is longer for CE and status pax than it is for WT.

Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Another impact of these mega CE cabins...

The check-in queue at TFS is longer for CE and status pax than it is for WT.
That is truly ridiculous - although also a result of priority check-in being offered to anyone bar blue card holders...
PUCCI GALORE and the810 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Vgravity
I’ve also noticed on the leisure routes less of the crew personally greeting Gold’s etc.
If you’re on a Gatwick flight number (four digits, beginning with 2) but operating from LHR, then the crew can’t access the E-PIL (electronic passenger information list) and therefore can’t see the status of pax unless they’ve been given a paper copy by ground staff. I doubt this issue has been fixed.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Boeing77W
If you’re on a Gatwick flight number (four digits, beginning with 2) but operating from LHR, then the crew can’t access the E-PIL (electronic passenger information list) and therefore can’t see the status of pax unless they’ve been given a paper copy by ground staff. I doubt this issue has been fixed.
the inflight manager was wandering around with the paper manifest on today's flight to FNC, but no greetings. But we did have the captain, who was chatting to the CC in the galley, bark at a passenger who was heading for the toilet when it was occupied. And he seemed such a nice chap.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Boeing77W

Also some of my flying friends are saying that most of them have stopped those greetings as they had rather negative experiences this year with social distancing and Customers simply do not want any unnecessary interactions. You wouldn’t really want the inflight Manager or Lead to greet and welcome you back to the whole cabin as he/she stands in the aisle announcing who you are, behind a face mask would you?
To be fair I think Gold Card holder greetings are not high on the list of priorities at the moment and I certainly wouldn’t expect one in these crazy times.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If choosing to fly during Covid, both at the airport and during the flight you’ll likely have many pinch points where social distancing rules go out the window, and also come across a fair few who don’t care for the rules. Just the way it is. You can’t expect crew to police this and if you’re concerned for your well being flying maybe isn’t for you (not the OP, just folk in general )
I think it's totally unacceptable when covid rules go out the window on a plane. It can be policed and several airlines get this nearly 100% right. And I'm not thinking East Asian carriers (which I haven't been able to fly since March) but European ones.

On the ground, it's more of a mixed bag. You've got the illogical situation in most places that despite covid-19 becoming more prevalent (and not becoming less dangerous), fear of covid and adherence to rules has fallen. But compliance varies from place to place. Protocols vary from country to country, too (temperature checks, limits on the number of people in busses etc.)
I wear FFP2 masks on the ground as well as on the plane. Overall, though, it's easier to distance yourself from covidiots on the ground than in the air. Of course, on the plus side, planes have got HEPA filters. But on the other hand, you potentially could be sitting there for several hours in close proximity to someone irresponsible and have no option to get out of the way.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
I think it's totally unacceptable when covid rules go out the window on a plane. It can be policed and several airlines get this nearly 100% right. And I'm not thinking East Asian carriers (which I haven't been able to fly since March) but European ones.

On the ground, it's more of a mixed bag. You've got the illogical situation in most places that despite covid-19 becoming more prevalent (and not becoming less dangerous), fear of covid and adherence to rules has fallen. But compliance varies from place to place. Protocols vary from country to country, too (temperature checks, limits on the number of people in busses etc.)
I wear FFP2 masks on the ground as well as on the plane. Overall, though, it's easier to distance yourself from covidiots on the ground than in the air. Of course, on the plus side, planes have got HEPA filters. But on the other hand, you potentially could be sitting there for several hours in close proximity to someone irresponsible and have no option to get out of the way.
I think when it's one of two passengers not complying it's easy to police- but increasingly so, when majority of passengers ignore and many even swear at or give crew grief when trying to enforce mask wearing/ social distancing, it becomes impossible and have to weigh up whether escalating it may lead to more serious disruptive incidents. Or when nobody bothers listening to the disembarking PA. BA has the right to cancel your return flight if you don't comply with covid measures and that's easy to enforce and for crew to deliver the warning to one or two or even a handful of passengers, but when it's majority not complying it becomes unfeasible. Equally I would doubt BA is prepared to cancel the return flight for 200 plus people a flight. Saying that on a lot of flights passengers are v respectful, but equally seen an increase in a lot of flights where passengers aren't, especially after the second UK lockdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.