Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Mega Club Europe cabins

I’ve noticed that on many (particularly leisure) destinations BA are selling all the way back to Row 12-16 in Club right now. Lots of posts on this already, but some modern impacts.

This morning to TFS it went back to Row 15.

Some impacts...
- despite multiple reminders to wear masks, this mega cabin meant a permanent queue for the single toilet for the entire flight - with no enforcement of the COVID rules. One to four people queuing down the aisle. Horrible for 1C and 1D
- they ran out of champagne on the first serving. They had 15 mini bottles to serve 60 pax. The crew were relatively matter of fact about this when asked why. This is now normal - BA aren’t putting any extra bottles on no matter how far back the curtain slides.
RJD1983 and SxMan like this.

Last edited by Vgravity; Nov 22, 2021 at 3:52 am
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I know it breaks the rules, but one presumably could use the toilets in the rear, no?
RJD1983 and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
I know it breaks the rules, but one presumably could use the toilets in the rear, no?
I think OP is more concerned with queue of people in close proximity to front of CE cabin in Covid situation than wait for toilet.
RJD1983 and haroon145 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dougzz
I think OP is more concerned with queue of people in close proximity to front of CE cabin in Covid situation than wait for toilet.
I was thinking about that the other day while flying DXB-LHR. I was in 10K on the A350, so reasonably proximate to the toilet, but in many seats, irrespective of the cabin, if you follow the instructions to wait in your seat until the toilet is vacant you could find yourself waiting the entire flight as others jump the queue (so to speak). And I don't mean simply by queuing up, but rather even if waiting at their seat, beating you to it when the toilet frees up.

Maybe they should pass out number, like at the deli!
RJD1983 and Ms.O like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:11 am

No sorry, those are exclusively reserved for economy class passengers 😂

In all fairness, BA was recently selling their CE seats at very acceptable prices. Understandable that many leisure travels took advantage. Presumably the champagne consumption of the average leisure traveller is also higher than that of an average business traveler.
tynmar, SxMan and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Vgravity

Some impacts...
- despite multiple reminders to wear masks, this mega cabin meant a permanent queue for the single toilet for the entire flight - with no enforcement of the COVID rules. One to four people queuing down the aisle. Horrible for 1C and 1D
If there's a rule that masks should be worn then yes the crew should do something about it. My wife would certainly tell the selfish sods to bugger off if she was sitting close to someone queuing not wearing one!!
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
If there's a rule that masks should be worn then yes the crew should do something about it. My wife would certainly tell the selfish sods to bugger off if she was sitting close to someone queuing not wearing one!!
While waiting at the baggage reclaim area at T5 Thursday afternoon, a young man stood next to me with a mask around his neck, but not his nose and mouth. I politely asked him to put it on and thankfully he complied. Not far away was an older (60s maybe) couple who were not wearing their masks. They were far enough away from me that I didn't feel the need to police them, but still I was surprised given their age how cavalier they were acting. (Then again, observing them from a little distance it didn't appear that they particularly cared for one another, so perhaps they were just trying to be put out of their misery. At least that's the story I'm going with.)
justin_krusty and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If choosing to fly during Covid, both at the airport and during the flight you’ll likely have many pinch points where social distancing rules go out the window, and also come across a fair few who don’t care for the rules. Just the way it is. You can’t expect crew to police this and if you’re concerned for your well being flying maybe isn’t for you (not the OP, just folk in general )
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
While waiting at the baggage reclaim area at T5 Thursday afternoon, a young man stood next to me with a mask around his neck, but not his nose and mouth. I politely asked him to put it on and thankfully he complied. Not far away was an older (60s maybe) couple who were not wearing their masks. They were far enough away from me that I didn't feel the need to police them, but still I was surprised given their age how cavalier they were acting. (Then again, observing them from a little distance it didn't appear that they particularly cared for one another, so perhaps they were just trying to be put out of their misery. At least that's the story I'm going with.)
And what makes you think you have the right to ‘police’ this anyway.

Do you know 100% that they aren’t exempt from wearing a face covering?

As others have suggested if you don’t like the fact of people not wearing a face covering around you then maybe flying in a global pandemic isn’t for you?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

As others have suggested if you don’t like the fact of people not wearing a face covering around you then maybe flying in a global pandemic isn’t for you?
I was standing by myself, distanced from others, when the young man came over and stood directly next to me without a mask. I had no qualms about asking him to put his mask on. I asked politely and he complied. As for the older couple, as I said I felt no need to police them. But if someone is in proximity to me, damn right I'm going to ask them, politely, to mask up. If they have an exemption, other than believing themselves to be exempt due to selfishness, they can inform me and then I can decide to move if I so choose.

If we all simply locked ourselves at home due to others' inconsiderateness we might as well all give up, as it seems inconsiderateness is more rampant than the virus.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I

If we all simply locked ourselves at home due to others' inconsiderateness we might as well all give up, as it seems inconsiderateness is more rampant than the virus.
Yes it does seem that people think they are too important that they will be inconsiderate to people that have hidden disabilities by putting them in an awkward situation because they feel the need to police the matter and going against government guidelines challenging people. I hope that someone puts you rightly in their place one day.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it does seem that people think they are too important that they will be inconsiderate to people that have hidden disabilities by putting them in an awkward situation because they feel the need to police the matter and going against government guidelines challenging people. I hope that someone puts you rightly in their place one day.
Are you suggesting that it is improper for me to politely ask someone who is wearing a mask around their neck to put it over their nose and mouth?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:32 am

Qatar Airways and Sealink like this.

Last edited by NandoDave; Dec 5, 2020 at 7:37 am
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
in my experience (about two dozen flights since April) the busy-bodies who think they have the ‘right’ to police *their interpretation * of any rule (ie often wrongly- like for those with asthma), are always the ones who ignore distancing on boarding/leaving and seem to think that a face mask means distancing, hand washing or simple politeness are no longer needed.

In one case, the crew quite firmly told the offenders to leave them to do their job as only they knew who had underlying conditions.

Frankly BA crew do this very well.

as for spacing/distancing a little self responsibility wouldn’t go amiss. If someone is too close to you then move, or leave the situation.

Interesting reading on Euronews (use google) about how much lower risk flying is.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

The people who I see with exemptions are smokers. What is that about?
londonba2014 and Ms.O like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.