Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DelTroon
Does this not indicate there is a market for a more premium product and that BA should concentrate on improving CE instead of the race to compete with the LCC's?
it strikes me that at this time the airline is very concentrated on revenue raising (stating the obvious) .. therefore maximising cash intake and cutting costs are a top priority - offering POUGs for what essentially might be an empty seat makes sense. As has been pointed out before, the meal probably costs them £1, the bar is negligible in the grand scheme of things. During school holidays with maximum traffic I suppose the strategy has been to take this to the limits.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I think the old chestnut of whether there is sufficient demand for a US/Asia style J product in Europe is open for debate, there may possibly. (Though it is worth pointing out that NA, Asia and Europe are distinct markets with historical, geographical and logistical differences).

The problem is the huge risk an existing airline would be taking in launching it and the barriers to entry for a new player in the market. Even if it is a relative success, does it make more money than the flexible-J offering does currently? I can’t see any airline board signing off on it.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
i ended up booking for tomorrow - last row of 8 row CE to CFU
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: VA (Plat), QR (OWE), BAEC (Silver), AY (Gold), HH (Diamond)
Originally Posted by krispy84
I think the old chestnut of whether there is sufficient demand for a US/Asia style J product in Europe is open for debate, there may possibly. (Though it is worth pointing out that NA, Asia and Europe are distinct markets with historical, geographical and logistical differences).

The problem is the huge risk an existing airline would be taking in launching it and the barriers to entry for a new player in the market. Even if it is a relative success, does it make more money than the flexible-J offering does currently? I can’t see any airline board signing off on it.
I can't see it working unless everyone (the big players across Europe) migrate to it or hint at it. Being an Aussie I've seen the vast difference in cost of reclining seats (or lie flat) in comparison to economy, and for me (and I'm sure a number of other people) it just isn't worth it. I've only ever paid business in Australia once (status run) and have redeemed maybe half a dozen trips over 5 years. Having been in the UK for two years I've only flown full service economy once, with the rest paid (or redeemed) business.

If the costs are comparable, then sure I'd go for it, but as this thread highlights they'll be shooting themselves in the foot on increasing flexibility and I think that'll outweigh the reclining seat option. Presumably the airlines agree. They're not daft (well, you know what I mean)
1Aturnleft, krispy84 and DelTroon like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
TFS is October is showing as 14 CE rows on the way out and 12 CE on the way back.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Flew to MLA on Friday. All 56 CE seats filled, crew frazzled and complaining. They ran out of champagne and white wine about 2 hours into the flight.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Appreciate that it may change/may be blocking but my upcoming LCY-Nice flight on Friday (on a E190) is showing rows 1-10 as Club with the majority of seats taken. That’s potentially 40 out of the 100 seats on the plane!
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
Appreciate that it may change/may be blocking but my upcoming LCY-Nice flight on Friday (on a E190) is showing rows 1-10 as Club with the majority of seats taken. That’s potentially 40 out of the 100 seats on the plane!
not to mention that shamelessly BA unlike any other European airline doesn’t block seats on E190 so it’s 2-2 for everyone!
Old Sep 12, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
It’s just down to poor planning and incompetence and has been happening for weeks. There are still 4 in 10 crew on furlough according to a management email this week yet BASSA have this evening agreed a £100 daily overtime payment from tomorrow until Thursday.

Go figure!
And why wouldn’t they?

The unions job is to milk what they can for employees.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I was looking at last minute Corfu trip this weekend - but i see sunday return has 14 rows of CE - it seems like it might end up being not-the-greatest flight. Although it is a long service anyone with experience with huge cabins like that?
Did Mykonos with 10-11 rows last week.

Well worth it on a 4 hour flight. Goes in a flash with a chicken pie, a few wines and a Bloody Mary. Love it.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not helping matters with large cabins, today on LHR-MAN Champagne was being poured from large bottles from the front galley massively slowing down an already shockingly poor delivery. Many people got their club meals on 10 minutes to landing for just long enough to sniff before having them taken away, my other half in row 1 never got a drink because the IFM was too busy - 'sure, give me a minute' in response to the initial request and 'sorry we're really busy, it's too late now' when chased 10 minutes later just as they'd started to clear in.

(Crisps and water weren't fully delivered down the back either)
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:00 am

not to mention that shamelessly BA unlike any other European airline doesn’t block seats on E190 so it’s 2-2 for everyone!
isn’t the improved catering meant to compensate for the lack of empty middle seat and lounge? 🤔
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by BJ787
shockingly poor delivery. Many people got their club meals on 10 minutes to landing for just long enough to sniff before having them taken away, my other half in row 1 never got a drink because the IFM was too busy )
Aren’t the crews trained to serve very busy, full cabins?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It seems ordering special meals guarantees a better service as our meals tend to always be delivered first and drinks get replenished often
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
It seems ordering special meals guarantees a better service as our meals tend to always be delivered first and drinks get replenished often
And a better meal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.