Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:49 am

My parents got the big bottle service on their flight to Dubrovnik last weekend. They were in row three of nine and it seemed 3 bottles champagne were loaded. They got one small glass each and the second round ran out at row two. I have some sympathy if they have supply issues, but there is no excuse to have three big bottles loaded with so many people in the cabin. Meanwhile in euro traveller from London city last week the crew seemed to have enough mini bottles of NF champagne to hand out to myself (gold) and my partner.
Grande Annee and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
I recall MAN/LBA flights under MF and as you say, you wouldn't have known they had such little time to complete the service. They were absolutely on form. I fondly remember the LHR-LBA flight with 8 or 9 rows of Club, afternoon tea given out, drinks round one served, trays collected and another round served, even had time for a chat in the galley whilst I waited to use the loo and the crew member had more drinks ready for me to grab on my way back to my seat without even asking. THAT is how it should be done.
I’m old enough to remember when MF were the demons of this board and weren’t a patch on the old Eurofleet crews…. Plus ça change.

Our 14 CE row to LCA on Saturday was fine (although we were row 1). The IFL said it was her first flight in 18 months when I was having a chat with her. Champagne appeared somewhat rationed… I had two half filled glasses before I gave up on it and moved on to something else.
SxMan and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Luckily the curtain has moved forward again for BA950 on Friday to MUC so I got my emergency exit seats back at T-72
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It a really curious reading all these ‘bubbles ran out quickly’ on recent mega cabins - there was plenty being handed out last week all the way through our outbound to ALC - maybe it’ll be a different story on the rtn! Still had mini bottles then too ….
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I can confirm the big bottles on LHR-LIS-LHR and also ALC-LHR-ALC. There were small bottles as well on the Lisbon routes. The Lead did a Champagne and Orange Juice run immediately after take off. The breakfast trolley came out and went down the back of the 14 row cabin. The Lead started offering breakfasts to the front rows but said that drinks would be offered when the trolley returned. It did not do so for an hour. In the meantime when the Crew member came up to the galley fro a fresh bottle I was able to stop her and ask her to refill my glass. The organisation was not of the best as the Lead should have offered drinks with breakfast - still they worked very hard. They seemed to have plenty of bottles - but what was left for the return I do not know.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Slightly off topic, but are pillows/blankets still offered in CE band 4 services - post covid? Have an early flight to LCA in a few weeks and will likely be keen to sleep!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Slightly off topic, but are pillows/blankets still offered in CE band 4 services - post covid? Have an early flight to LCA in a few weeks and will likely be keen to sleep!
They were provided to/from TFS last week. Waiting at seat on boarding.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by londonba2014

Yes - they were on the seat for recent flights to / from Malta
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I can confirm the big bottles on LHR-LIS-LHR and also ALC-LHR-ALC. There were small bottles as well on the Lisbon routes. The Lead did a Champagne and Orange Juice run immediately after take off. The breakfast trolley came out and went down the back of the 14 row cabin. The Lead started offering breakfasts to the front rows but said that drinks would be offered when the trolley returned. It did not do so for an hour. In the meantime when the Crew member came up to the galley fro a fresh bottle I was able to stop her and ask her to refill my glass. The organisation was not of the best as the Lead should have offered drinks with breakfast - still they worked very hard. They seemed to have plenty of bottles - but what was left for the return I do not know.
The standard on band 3 and band 4 flights for breakfast service is meals with selection of hot and cold beverages, then a full bar round pre landing. Were you at lease offered tea coffee with your breakfast ?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
my corfu-lhr flight was 12 rows but i was in row 1. the service was fine. just fine. no nuts bc someone on board had an allergy.

the crew were the most apathetic lot ive seen in years. the service went on, a smidge slow but not terrible. no hi, no smiles, barely any communication and overall felt weird.

after they did the drinks round then were coming back up front and offered a bag of crisps to me...but not the couple across. and it was just a random "want crisps?" which i was confused since they had served my drink like 20mins prior. substitute for no nuts i suppose? she disappeared then eventually offered them to the couple across the aisle.

it was all just bizarre to have such an unenthusiastic crew, and yet delivered service at a fine pace.

and yes pillow/blankets.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Booked PDL and TER yesterday, picked row 11 (exit row). Only today moved to row 15. So BA already making an assumption they could be selling all the way back to row 14.

I've noticed this is now common when booking early - BA hardly ever allow you to pick the exit row on leisure routes, so there's a bit of a strategy here to upsell CE on short haul leisure.
Speedbirdsouth likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've just been bumped back in ET LIN-LHR next wednesday, row 17 from 12. But a new POUG for £99 has appeared and 1a is empty, I think they are trying to nudge me.
BIt of a cheek when the return in ET has cost £500 already and looking at expert flyer the ET cabin is nearly empty, but I suppose they have to recoup all that lost revenue.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by docdee
I've just been bumped back in ET LIN-LHR next wednesday, row 17 from 12. But a new POUG for £99 has appeared and 1a is empty, I think they are trying to nudge me.
BIt of a cheek when the return in ET has cost £500 already and looking at expert flyer the ET cabin is nearly empty, but I suppose they have to recoup all that lost revenue.
Is this a strategic thing? Remove exit rows from ET, meaning more are likely to upgrade?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Is this a strategic thing? Remove exit rows from ET, meaning more are likely to upgrade?
They also took my Emergency Exit row away for my tomorrow's flight to MUC, but became available again at T-72. Maybe

Nota bene - POUG was £96 per person which I find is to expensive for a 1:20 flight, and I don't care of TP. Plus my wife can't drink anyway...
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Duck1981
They also took my Emergency Exit row away for my tomorrow's flight to MUC, but became available again at T-72. Maybe

Nota bene - POUG was £96 per person which I find is to expensive for a 1:20 flight, and I don't care of TP. Plus my wife can't drink anyway...
Well, I had an LHR-MUC booked in ET for December and the POUG was GBP 109. However, at the same time CE became available on Avios. This FTV game is great, because I could recover my ET investment for another flight and use Avios for the flight. Perhaps this is another reason why CE cabins are getting so large.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.