Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

We landed at 0653 with a nice view of burj Khalifa from 1k as we landed from the sea
long taxi so we were disembarking around 0715
we had to down
and up at the tram to the furthest platformpno one asked us for anything

We walked to an empty immigration hall and hand baggage scanner and bags off a few mins later .

My bags probably in the First 15% or so.
After spending a few minutes landside I took a taxi and arrived at the canopy by hilton around 0830 ( the taxi seemed to take a long way but the street layout are not clear and it was only and 50.
canopy by hilton had a room available at 0830

Weather is HOT and strong sun

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi The _Banking_Scot is there any particular reason you move about to different hotels whilst in Dubai?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TedToToe
Hi The _Banking_Scot is there any particular reason you move about to different hotels whilst in Dubai?
Hi

Im here for 10 days so thought I would try several as each are in different areas.

The canopy is by the creek and in the evening it has nice to walk in alseef and see all the dinner cruise boats lit up at night.. the rooftop pool with views to the burj Khalifa and dubai Frame are nice. Here for 2 nights

I have stayed at the conrad twice bur spent a lot if time at the expo so was away from the hotel. The pool is good location is good and lounge is very good..I personally like the rooms breakfast and the lounge staff. 5 night stay here
waldorf astoria palm. Have not been to the palm before and thought it would be nice to try the beach also. This is a r and r stay so transport from the hotel less of an issue.Price was acceptable but is higher than the conrad.will be here for three nights.
taking advantage of the hilton double and triple point promo
Regards

Tbs
TedToToe likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Got a pack of masks with Me and will be outdoors poolside most of the time.

Finishing the salmon starter snd listening to Abba at the BBC on the ife.

The cree are working hard but I am beginning to feel that 2 crew in f even for 8 pax is a little poor as everyone is wanting to eat st the same time ie no refills proactively being offered since the post take off drink.

Looks like will be moving to 1e to sleep as 1k is still not moving

The crew have managed to adjust 1k to the bed position manually but will have to return it to landing position at breakfast time.
sidelight still on at full brightness .time for the eye shades

Will now try to sleep
Regards

Tbs
sleep was not that great with 2 spells of moderate turbulence.
Crew have now moved the seat back to landing position.they have also taken my email address for customer relations
Just finishing breakfast with 1hr to run
I had the same issues with 1K seat controls on the 777 LHR-BOS a few weeks back - wouldn’t adjust at all. Talked to the IFM, who logged the issue and advised me to complain online. Was later rewarded with an apology email and a large whack of Avios. Would be worth your while to raise the issue.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I had the same issues with 1K seat controls on the 777 LHR-BOS a few weeks back - wouldn’t adjust at all. Talked to the IFM, who logged the issue and advised me to complain online. Was later rewarded with an apology email and a large whack of Avios. Would be worth your while to raise the issue.
I was following this thread out of pure interest as STBP was flying me to DXB last week (I was in row 52 though - buh) but it is overly interesting for how long a high-revenue seat flies around defective... and how many crew obvs are not aware. FT seems to be a better source of information than flight crew IPads.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
hi

thanks for that.

The crew asked me to write down my email address so that they would raise it with customer relations.

a few hours later I see I my email that a ba customer reference case number has been generated so looks like they have already done it.

Regards

Tbs
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
hi

thanks for that.

The crew asked me to write down my email address so that they would raise it with customer relations.

a few hours later I see I my email that a ba customer reference case number has been generated so looks like they have already done it.

Regards

Tbs
You are most welcome, hope you receive a good gesture of compensation.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:22 am

Hi

Im here for 10 days so thought I would try several as each are in different areas.

The canopy is by the creek and in the evening it has nice to walk in alseef and see all the dinner cruise boats lit up at night.. the rooftop pool with views to the burj Khalifa and dubai Frame are nice. Here for 2 nights

I have stayed at the conrad twice bur spent a lot if time at the expo so was away from the hotel. The pool is good location is good and lounge is very good..I personally like the rooms breakfast and the lounge staff. 5 night stay here
waldorf astoria palm. Have not been to the palm before and thought it would be nice to try the beach also. This is a r and r stay so transport from the hotel less of an issue.Price was acceptable but is higher than the conrad.will be here for three nights.
taking advantage of the hilton double and triple point promo
Regards

Tbs
Conrad on SZR is an excellent hotel. The lounge is great with free happy hour from 7 pm is a nice bonus. The location is very good as well with a metro stop literally on the doorstep. I have booked it myself for our trip out in a couple of weeks. 3 nights there and then onto Dar al Masyaf for 7 more. Can't wait.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I had to wear a mask on AF and EK to/from DXB recently.
Yep, sucks a bit, seems to depend how much the crew want to enforce it on EK currently (not very much in my experience) but masks technically required when not eating or drinking for both passengers and crew. QR happy to allow passengers in premium cabins to remove it at all times when seated, then just depends how punctilious the crew are as to whether you are asked to wear it when not seated. I was asked to put my mask back on last month on QR to walk from F through the J cabin (where no one else was wearing a mask) to get to the A380 bar, which strikes me as a bit mad.

WY is the only airline outside of Northern Europe I've found that has also moved past it all back to sanity - four WY flights last week where neither crew nor passengers were required to wear a mask. This is one of the few things BA has going for it on the DXB route to me currently.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crubber
Conrad on SZR is an excellent hotel. The lounge is great with free happy hour from 7 pm is a nice bonus. The location is very good as well with a metro stop literally on the doorstep. I have booked it myself for our trip out in a couple of weeks. 3 nights there and then onto Dar al Masyaf for 7 more. Can't wait.

hi

Happy hour is actually from 6pm to 8pm same food also from 5 to 6pm but no alcohol as children are welcomed until 6pm
excellent stay with the lounge staff and breakfast staff recognising me
even have afternoon scones.
2pm check out with no problems.

I have just checked out and having a turkey wrap with a scone cream and jam and coffee before
Heading to the waldorf astoria palm for 3 nights now to try it out. Posting my experiences on the hilton thread

Regards

Tbs

ps sorry I meant to post this earlier. I received an email from BA customer relations re my non reclining first class seat and got a very generous amount of avios
redpalmetto, abraxias and Crubber like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 10, 2022 at 6:40 am
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I'm doing my best to read through this thread, but it will be helpful to have a summary.

I'm flying BA in F DFW-LHR-DXB, with stops both in London and Dubai, and driving (via taxi or car rental) to Abu Dhabi.

I have a Louisiana (USA) state vaccination app with my photograph and a QR code which shows my three vaccinations.

Do I need a Covid test for any of my destinations?
Do I need to concern myself with VeriFly?
Do I need anything else for London or Dubai?
Do I need an Alhosn app for Abu Dhabi?
Anything else?!?!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
I'm doing my best to read through this thread, but it will be helpful to have a summary.

I'm flying BA in F DFW-LHR-DXB, with stops both in London and Dubai, and driving (via taxi or car rental) to Abu Dhabi.

I have a Louisiana (USA) state vaccination app with my photograph and a QR code which shows my three vaccinations.

Anything else?!?!
You honestly need to do your own research - this sort of requirement changes all the time and you shouldn’t trust strangers on the internet to be up to date. I would recommend the FCDO UK website as a good starting point.

Edit: I’m sorry if that came across as unfriendly, it was meant to be a warning to exercise caution in a dynamic situation. The FCDO website has links to the official websites of the UAE. You don’t require any vaccines or tests to enter the UK, though, I can tell you that much.
andymcdonnell and ceej123 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ba104

Hi

Currently in 2k airborne back to lhr from dubai

777 200 g Viig iirc
​​​​2 crew in f very good so far but menu a bit meh
lunch and afternoon tea with a 7hr 5min flight (1205 departure)

Window positioning on 2k is bit poor so saw the burj Khalifa on take off but with the seatbelt on could not stretch to take a photo unlike 51k on the a380.
​​​1k seems to have windows better aligned with the seat

checki in was quick at 0920 and security and exit immigration quick. 4 minute wait for tram to d gates
left from d6 ( a380 was d 9 d 10)

Lounge good and quieter than with the a380 departures but just had some yoghurt and mango juice as still full from the wa palm breakfast
Only slipper sizes loaded were small
Regards

Tbs
the grilled prawn as a canapé was a bit tough ( menu said grilled prawns but you only get 1 prawn but the salmon starter is very good.
three main choices

Tenderloin of beef ( very good)
John dory
Ravioli

Desserts

Dark truffle mouse.shortbread cookie( good)
Greek yoghurt ice cream
Fresh seasonal fruit

Cofree machine is broken so no capucino or lattes but Americanos are available.
3 lindt red wrapped chocolates in a bowl given out with the coffee and jw blue whisky
TedToToe likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 13, 2022 at 5:14 am
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie

Anything else?!?!
you will need alhosn for Abu Dhabi, it’s much easier than carrying certificates and pcr results around. You should register your arrival on the ICA site which will collect yo ur vaccine information, then once you do a PCR in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi the negative result will activate your alhosn app. Requirements are changing here as of Wednesday so if you are here for a while you will need to a pcr every 2 weeks to gain entry to public places in Abu Dhabi. Dubai has no checks or requirements and much more relaxed than Abu Dhabi!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Prior to landing the crew member serving me came round offering the corked bottle of the Bordeaux red. Unfortunately I had to decline it as I am transiting.

Had to wait a few minutes at the c gates for the airbrridge to be attached.

Went landside ( most egates were working with lines 5 or 6 deep)
fist wing security only had one lane working and had a queue to the boarding pass check gates but moved quickly
Regards

Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.