Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
OK, I'm not trying to labour this and incur the wrath of msm200k , but isn't the nature of these things to produce winners and non-winners, while making sure no-one actually loses?

I get it that you are miffed, but as the BAEC machine creakily rolls on (as seems inevitable), you'll be taken out of limbo and a new set of members will feel aggrieved.

I'm not smug. A January year means I'm not disadvantaged by the BAEC efforts (yet - but as the machine rolls on who knows?). But Lufthansa's left me no better off, although others have benefitted; and with Turkish ... well, I've not really worked out what's happened.
I'm not going to discuss the points you've raised, but you also know me well enough to know that it isn't because I want to remain silent - simply not the thread for it.

Thanks to all who have joined this little battle. If I haven't responded to your PM, I will do so this evening.

M
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'll be putting the letter together over the weekend.

Any more members to add to the list?

M
Old Aug 9, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Am GGL, GFL with July expiry

have sent you a PM. can you include me in list pls or am I too late ?
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Feel free to add me. My 4515 points reset to zero this morning and I now have until August to achieve the 2250 for renewal. I’m also doubtful that my CCR card will have been renewed.

As seems to be the case with others, I have missed out on any extension purely due to my loyalty, and achieving renewal before COVID.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
I’m also doubtful that my CCR card will have been renewed.
Both your GGL & CCR should have been extended.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
The GGL hasn't, other than by me achieving the threshold before lockdown. Not sure there's any mechanism online to check the CCR?

Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Your status was extended by a year to a new card expiry of 30 Sep 2021. However, as noted in the main status extension thread you would have got that anyway if you renewed in your current year - I am in the same situation by the way so welcome to the club!

I haven't heard any experiences from people where the CCR card hasn't also been extended, so I have no reason to believe you should be any different.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ramos
Am GGL, GFL with July expiry

have sent you a PM. can you include me in list pls or am I too late ?
Feel free to add me. My 4515 points reset to zero this morning and I now have until August to achieve the 2250 for renewal. I’m also doubtful that my CCR card will have been renewed.

As seems to be the case with others, I have missed out on any extension purely due to my loyalty, and achieving renewal before COVID.
Thanks both.

Apologies for the slow reply Ramos - family drama has delayed me from doing much this weekend (as I had planned).

M
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:05 am
Original Poster

The letter is written and will be sent on Wednesday morning.

We are a merry band of 21.

Last call for any others.

M
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The GGL hasn't, other than by me achieving the threshold before lockdown. Not sure there's any mechanism online to check the CCR?
If you go to 'My Executive Club Menu' and select 'Manage My account' and 'Executive Club items' it COULD show 'Card for access to Concorde Lounge' indicating that a new card was sent. I'd assume this wouldn't necessarily happen immediately but should happen when they send a GGL renewal pack.

Technically there's a SUBT remark on your reservations that is automatically added to BA PNRs that might help.
It appears that a value of 'GGL/30NOV21' would indicate GGL status whereas 'GGL/30NOV21/CCC/' indicates a CCR card. I don't have enough data to confirm this 100%, though.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

I don't know when you cleared 5K TPs in your last year, but my card was with me a couple of weeks after that, not at the end of my year. So for clarity, I have the same year dates as you do, I passed 5k TPs in March and had my CCR card - valid through Sept 21 - a week or so later.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hi all

Wondered if any of the July 8th contingent have received their new August 2021 cards yet?

I understand that BA has stopped sending membership cards to most other levels but thought that they were still sending out GGL cards and my old one expires at the end of this week and the system doesn't say it's been dispatched.

Reason I ask is that I was asked for the physical card at KEF recently - I offered my digital one but they were keen to see a physical one if I had it.

Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hi all

Wondered if any of the July 8th contingent have received their new August 2021 cards yet?

I understand that BA has stopped sending membership cards to most other levels but thought that they were still sending out GGL cards and my old one expires at the end of this week.

Reason I ask is that I was asked for the physical card at KEF recently - I offered my digital one but they were keen to see a physical one if I had it.
I'm one month earlier than you and received my replacement physical card about 3 weeks ago so by that reckoning you should receive yours shortly.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

Out of interest why would anyone at an outstation want to see a physical card? Does BA have their own lounge you were trying to guest multiple pax into?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Out of interest why would anyone at an outstation want to see a physical card? Does BA have their own lounge you were trying to guest multiple pax into?

it’s a good question. It was a (very nice) 3rd party lounge to which we all had access with our OW status without any guesting required - plus all of our BPs had the appropriate Emerald / Sapphire info on. In these kinds of cases I just comply with the request as it’s quicker 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.