Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I don't know when you cleared 5K TPs in your last year, but my card was with me a couple of weeks after that, not at the end of my year. So for clarity, I have the same year dates as you do, I passed 5k TPs in March and had my CCR card - valid through Sept 21 - a week or so later.
I achieved 4515, having had 2x 500TPs flights canned.

No card....
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
I achieved 4515, having had 2x 500TPs flights canned.

No card....
Just call GGL. They'll sort it. You more than cleared the reduced TP requirement.
KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:51 am

Just call GGL. They'll sort it. You more than cleared the reduced TP requirement.
Thanks. I've called the GGL and apologised profusely for what is probably a trivial first-world issue, especially as the CCR is still closed They have passed the query to the right team and they will be in touch.

Cheers

Jim
Old Sep 1, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Out of interest why would anyone at an outstation want to see a physical card? Does BA have their own lounge you were trying to guest multiple pax into?
Couple of card required instances for me (both sometime in 2019) - VRN lounge wanted to see my card, and only reluctantly accepted the mobile version - all they needed it seems was my BAEC number which is on the app, and the BP.

SLOW lounge in JNB needed the physical card, which they swiped in a reader, for entry under the unusual rule that you can get in even if not on a BA (or Comair) domestic flight.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:43 am

Just been called back by BA. CCR team have approved my card. So I now have GGL (renewed easily) and CCR (renewed based on cancelled flights).

Just the small matter of having no bookings and the CCR being shut, but hey-ho
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Just been called back by BA. CCR team have approved my card. So I now have GGL (renewed easily) and CCR (renewed based on cancelled flights).

Just the small matter of having no bookings and the CCR being shut, but hey-ho
The Concorde Terrace is a tolerable alternative whilst the CCR is shut
AdBoy, alex67500 and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Any July renewals received their new GGL / CCR pack yet? Mine showing as ‘Pending’ and ‘Fulfilled’ in mid July but nothing received yet.
Largely academic with US, Australia and SA still shut but still nice to have as they’ll probably be my last ones.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by gcuk
Any July renewals received their new GGL / CCR pack yet? Mine showing as ‘Pending’ and ‘Fulfilled’ in mid July but nothing received yet.
Largely academic with US, Australia and SA still shut but still nice to have as they’ll probably be my last ones.
if the cards have not arrived by now and were fulfilled in mid July I would call BA for replacements - I suspect the cards have not been dispatched or have been lost in the process.
Does it say if the cards have been dispatched?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
No sign of anything here yet. I am pending and fulfilled but I’m certainly not dispatched..

Maybe they have stopped the run so that they can give us 2022 expiry dates instead?!
gcuk and alex67500 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Apologies if already answered somewhere else but will we receive a new set of partner cards on membership anniversary?

Membership year of March 8th. Currently struggling to fly anywhere at the moment so will have very few TPs by March 2021 but obviously I’ll be renewed anyway till March 2022 with the status extension. My question is will we receive a new set of partner cards, jokers etc, in March 2021?

My assumption is yes but just want to check.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Apologies if already answered somewhere else but will we receive a new set of partner cards on membership anniversary?

Membership year of March 8th. Currently struggling to fly anywhere at the moment so will have very few TPs by March 2021 but obviously I’ll be renewed anyway till March 2022 with the status extension. My question is will we receive a new set of partner cards, jokers etc, in March 2021?

My assumption is yes but just want to check.
Yes
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
msm2000uk I'm just curious how you got on after contacting BA about this. Is there any update?
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by golfmad
msm2000uk I'm just curious how you got on after contacting BA about this. Is there any update?
Apologies for not updating here - although I have obviously been in touch with those who joined me on this campaign.

So the Manager of BAEC Loyalty picked up the phone to me for a 45minute chat, and we had a pretty detailed discussion about the decision made by BA.

The net result was that while no assurance could be offered now (September), it would be well worth us reaching out nearer the time of our card expiry dates.

There was a lot going on internally, and with one of the key decision makers going on paternity leave, no decision could be made quickly.

However, he appreciated my honesty and our position, and accepted that more needed to be done.

So not the precise outcome we had hoped for, but for the 21 of us who reached out, the door was left firmly open for onward discussion (albeit in May/June time).

M
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
one "benefit" of this inaction by them was i ended up paying for my F and J flights to the US next spring to hit my GGL thresholds, making the recent avios sale pointless for me. so i guess in this scenario i gave them my cash for VERY cheap premium fares instead of the same or MORE cash AND a load of avios in redemptions in premium classes.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Well the Crusade has come to a successful end, with status looking like it'll be renewed (although GGL/CCR hasn't yet been mentioned by BA).

A massive thanks to the 22 FTers who helped keep Niall engaged, and thanks to Niall who was very open and communicative.

Well done BA and well done us.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.