Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Could we please keep this on topic.

There are numerous thread already in place discussing the policy itself.

Thanks

M
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Could we please keep this on topic.

There are numerous thread already in place discussing the policy itself.

Thanks

M
Yep, sorry. I edited my post to at least put the first sentence on topic. I'll take my wrist slap though. Fair point.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
The situation for GGLs is slightly different in that, whether earning 0 TPs or 10,000 TPs in the last year, there is no opportunity for some of us (especially July, Aug, Sept) to get any "extension", despite BA's email. For all other tiers, there is an opportunity to upgrade a tier or more, which could trigger a fresh extension. Also, if it's not possible to renew in the next 11 months (I'm still on 0TPs for example), then it's quite a stretch back to 5000TPs to re-qualify as GGL, once the year of lower thresholds has ended, especially when many members still won't need to be earning any TPs at all.
Err, it applies to golds who requalified too? While not reaching the august TP levels of some here, I got >2000 tps in 7 months then of course nothing further. No extension that I haven't earned through retaining gold in the normal course of events. I have an August renewal and a low chance of hitting gold in the next year although we will see. I've been a gold for the last 6 years continually so will be interested to see if this campaign gets anywhere...
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I think the point is as a gold you could have upgraded to GGL and then got an extension.. Existing GGL have nothing to upgrade to.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I think the point is as a gold you could have upgraded to GGL and then got an extension.. Existing GGL have nothing to upgrade to.
OK
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Not sure, my wife was nothing, now has gained silver and will be gold in a couple of weeks, but her expiration shows as Nov 2021, not 2022. no extension?....
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by golfmad
Good luck to you all.

AdBoy How did you manage that? I finished my year (June 8) on 5,400 and missed out on 6k, 7k and 8k benefits due to booked then cancelled flights and wouldn't mind asking for something if that's possible?
Emailed the GGL team who then sent it to the loyalty team. Heard back that the additional benefit was granted (having sent all the booking references in the first email) about a week later.

Now just need somewhere to be able to go to use them all...
golfmad likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Emailed the GGL team who then sent it to the loyalty team. Heard back that the additional benefit was granted (having sent all the booking references in the first email) about a week later.

Now just need somewhere to be able to go to use them all...
Yeah this is in line with other experiences - if you actually had the bookings paid for and they were cancelled, they will honour that (for the vouchers - they're not awarding the TPs or anything).

However, for those of us who didn't have confirmed bookings - we get nowt.

Which smarts a bit because I could easily have taken advantage of their BWC policy and booked flights on routes highly likely to be cancelled to take me as high as I like - right up to 9k if I wanted, to trigger all those bonuses - safe in the knowledge that if a couple weren't cancelled I'd be able to voucher them for use going forward. Had I done this, they'd have given me all the vouchers.

I didn't, of course, I just asked for a little flexibility based on my past history and the fact I'd cleared 5k half way through my year. And they're not interested. Which I guess tells you all you need to know about their loyalty team.
AdBoy likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Have I got this right?

The injustice the "GGL-400" are suffering is that they re-qualified, under their own steam, while others who didn't/couldn't re-qualify are being offered a complimentary extension.

So both groups finish up in the same position.

To remedy this injustice the GGL-400 need to be leap-frogged over the others, and receive an additional one-year extension.
Dave_C, Stormbel and revorgap like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Have I got this right?

The injustice the "GGL-400" are suffering is that they re-qualified, under their own steam, while others who didn't/couldn't re-qualify are being offered a complimentary extension.

To remedy this injustice the GGL-400 need to be leap-frogged over the others, and receive an additional one-year extension.
More the fact that if my renewal year had been June my status would be valid for an additional year. But as it was August, it's not.

Also, BA are stating that all members are receiving a 12 month status extension, when we have had no such extension.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Have I got this right?

I'm with you on this one - seems like it's a bit rich.

So what do us LTG's get? I actually legitimately re-qualified this year so surely BA owe me something? 🙄
IAN-UK and revorgap like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
More the fact that if my renewal year had been June my status would be valid for an additional year. But as it was August, it's not.

Also, BA are stating that all members are receiving a 12 month status extension, when we have had no such extension.
OK, I'm not trying to labour this and incur the wrath of msm200k , but isn't the nature of these things to produce winners and non-winners, while making sure no-one actually loses?

I get it that you are miffed, but as the BAEC machine creakily rolls on (as seems inevitable), you'll be taken out of limbo and a new set of members will feel aggrieved.

I'm not smug. A January year means I'm not disadvantaged by the BAEC efforts (yet - but as the machine rolls on who knows?). But Lufthansa's left me no better off, although others have benefitted; and with Turkish ... well, I've not really worked out what's happened.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
I was gold, and upgraded to GGL, but have not had the extension which the email promised.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Maybe you too should PM then. I'm just going by what I read on the extension thread.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
msm2000uk has used this thread to ask a very specific set of members to make contact over an issue that is very relevant to that set of members.

A few members are making unhelpful comments and simply going over the same old arguments that appear on the main thread.

Why? If a particular set of FT members are trying to get in contact with each other over an issue, and the mods are happy with that, what’s the issue? Can’t we just leave this thread to the purpose it was set up for?
VSLover, Stormbel, KARFA and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.