FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help
Old Jul 31, 2020, 1:51 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Emailed the GGL team who then sent it to the loyalty team. Heard back that the additional benefit was granted (having sent all the booking references in the first email) about a week later.

Now just need somewhere to be able to go to use them all...
Yeah this is in line with other experiences - if you actually had the bookings paid for and they were cancelled, they will honour that (for the vouchers - they're not awarding the TPs or anything).

However, for those of us who didn't have confirmed bookings - we get nowt.

Which smarts a bit because I could easily have taken advantage of their BWC policy and booked flights on routes highly likely to be cancelled to take me as high as I like - right up to 9k if I wanted, to trigger all those bonuses - safe in the knowledge that if a couple weren't cancelled I'd be able to voucher them for use going forward. Had I done this, they'd have given me all the vouchers.

I didn't, of course, I just asked for a little flexibility based on my past history and the fact I'd cleared 5k half way through my year. And they're not interested. Which I guess tells you all you need to know about their loyalty team.