Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

September 2020 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
BA have in the last week made a number of adjustments to their schedule for the month of September.

London Heathrow Longhaul

Updated: 27 August (05:30)

Abuja - Daily (from 16SEP)
16SEP & 17SEP - 777-200ER (4 Class)
18SEP to 30SEP - 777-200ER (3 Class with CW suite)

Accra - Daily (3 Class) 777-200ER (from 04SEP)
Bahrain - 3 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER (from 18SEP)
Bangalore - 4 x Weekly A350-1000XWB
Boston - Daily A350-1000XWB
Cairo - 3 x Weekly 787-9
Chicago - Daily A350-1000XWB
Dallas - Daily 787-10
Delhi - Daily 787-9
Dubai - Daily A350-1000XWB
Grand Cayman - (3 Class) 777-200ER (operates 17SEP only )
Hong Kong - Daily 777-300ER
Islamabad - 5 x Weekly 787-8
Kuwait - 3 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
Lagos - Daily (4 Class) 777-200ER
Los Angeles - Daily 787-9
Miami - Daily 787-9
Moscow DME - 3 x Weekly 787-8
Mumbai - 5 x Weekly 777-300ER
Nairobi - 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
New York (JFK) - 2 x Daily (4 Class). 777-200ER
Riyadh - 4 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
San Francisco - Daily 777-300ER
São Paulo - Daily 787-9
Seattle - 3 x Weekly 787-10
Seychelles - 2 x Weekly 787-9 (from 16SEP)
Shanghai - 2 x Weekly 777-300ER
Singapore - 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Tel Aviv - 3 x Weekly A350-1000XWB
Toronto - Daily 787-8
Washington - Daily A350-1000XWB

London Gatwick Longhaul

Updated: 27 August (06:00)

Antigua - 2 x Weekly (3 Class) 777-200ER
Barbados - 3 to 4 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
Bermuda - 5 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
Kingston - 3 x Weekly (3 Class) 777-200ER
St Lucia - 2 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER

London City

Updated: 27 August (06:15)

Belfast City - 5 x Weekly (from 07SEP)
Berlin - 5 x Weekly (from 07SEP)
Dublin - 5 x Weekly
Edinburgh - 6 x Weekly
Faro - 4 x Weekly
Florence - 13 x Weekly
Frankfurt - 4 x Weekly (from 07SEP)
Glasgow - 6 x Weekly
Ibiza - 7 x Weekly
Zürich - 4 x Weekly (from 07SEP)

Further changes are highly likely between now and the start of September
Print Wikipost

September 2020 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Hang up and call again. They cancelled your LGW service and are offering a close replacement via LHR but however you look at it, it is a cancellation.

If anyone else has an example of this (one way or the other), please post it.
I have had multiple refunds for a LGW to LHR switch. I have also had date changes.
IMH and corporate-wage-slave like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:22 am

There have been a number of changes made to the planned Longhaul schedule since the Airlineroute article was published.

LHR - Frequency changes and routes added

LGW - All flights previously planned to operate to Grenada, Port of Spain, Providenciales, St Kitts, Tampa and Tobago being no longer available to book. There has also been some changes to planned frequency.

Wikipost has been updated to reflect these

Last edited by Scotflyer80; Jul 31, 2020 at 10:06 am
Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by jazzyjeff
I've had a flight to Oslo cancelled and it offers a reroute through Helsinki (bonus for TPs!)

I believe that from the UK we can't enter Finland but is anyone aware if we can transit through the airport?
Yes we can, I did it recently. They checked I was connecting at the Bag Drop at LHR, and I said I was connecting at Passport Control when I got to HEL and everything was smooth. Very few masks in HEL I might add.
jazzyjeff likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
My Gatwick to Salzburg flights have now been cancelled from Gatwick and rebooked from Heathrow, which helps me apart from having to rebook for car park.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: United, Virgin, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tonmason
After 4 days of ringing BA off and on, I was just able to get through. 39 minutes of waiting to be get connected and then just 2 minutes to confirm my refund. I was quoted 3 - 15 days for the refund to be returned to my AMEX. Pretty good so far. Hopefully, my girls getaway to Greece will happen in 2021.
Just wanted to say thanks to those who gave me advice on thread. I received refund in full from BA back to AMEX yesterday - only three days after speaking to BA. Now we have decided to cancel our Reward Flights to Abu Dhabi at New Year's and look forward to travelling in 2021. Has anyone cancelled reward flights? I keep getting a a voucher request option opposed to a refund for the taxes paid and a re-banking of the miles.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by tonmason
Has anyone cancelled reward flights? I keep getting a a voucher request option opposed to a refund for the taxes paid and a re-banking of the miles.
You need to call currently. There is a charge of £35pp for a return fare. The avios are returned and funds less £35pp are put back onto your card.

You could do nothing for now as if Ba cancel you wont get charged the £35pp. Needs to be cancelled latest 24hrs before departure so plenty of wiggle room.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: United, Virgin, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
You need to call currently. There is a charge of £35pp for a return fare. The avios are returned and funds less £35pp are put back onto your card.

You could do nothing for now as if Ba cancel you wont get charged the £35pp. Needs to be cancelled latest 24hrs before departure so plenty of wiggle room.
Yes, we will wait and who knows maybe by then we will decide to travel.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:40 am

Was on one of the cancelled Thursday flights to Thessaloniki in late September with an award booking. The timings of the remaining flights just won't work for us anymore. Will BA let us switch our award booking to another destination in Greece do you think?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by fishfish
Was on one of the cancelled Thursday flights to Thessaloniki in late September with an award booking. The timings of the remaining flights just won't work for us anymore. Will BA let us switch our award booking to another destination in Greece do you think?
Another SKG cancellation (the earlier flight on Sunday 13th Sept).

M
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott GfL
Originally Posted by taylopet
I got the news I had been hoping for this morning that one of my flights in a Sept JFK-LHR-HKG-LHR-JFK trip had been cancelled. Called US Gold Line and got through to a human in about 10mins (UK voice on the other end) and requested a refund. Now showing that state in MMB. Agent said would be 4-6 weeks for refund.

There was a GUF2 attached to the booking it already had a 6 month extension that expired in Jan 2020. Agent was unsure what would happen to it - I don't hold out much hope of an extension on it but interested to hear of others have had a positive experience.

At the moment, it looks like BA are planning to run four rotations on LHR-JFK vs the current two. ( LHR-JFK 175/173/177/113 JFK-LHR 112/174/116/114 )
To provide an update and refund data point - after my refund request call on the 21st July, the refund dropped on my BA Chase Credit Card on 28th July.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I noticed that this thread seems to have died off a bit, does anyone know if that's it for the main September cancellations and everything else is likely to fly (subject to operational changes etc.)? Or if there will still be lots more? I know it's a bit of a crystal ball question.

I ask because I've got flights to Kuala Lumpur in September (and back from Osaka in early October) for my honeymoon, which obviously aren't very appealing when I'm not even allowed entry into either country (or at least not without a 14 day quarantine). I realise all I can do for now is sit tight, but it would be reassuring to know if there are likely to be a lot more cancellations.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi teebs,

I think you will need to hang in there. From the august thread cancellations were going on until 2 weeks before departure with a couple after that so I would say there is almost certainly more cancellations coming . Not sure on your route but likely.

Regards

Tbs
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
We're in a similar situation with flights to Bangkok on 3rd September. I think BA will be waiting until restrictions are updated towards the end of this month after Thailand extended the travel restrictions until end of August. Reading through all the threads on cancellations, we are sitting tight, worst case scenario if they don't cancel the flights we will have to pay the rebooking fee and accept loosing the seat reservation fees (it's an Amex 2 for 1 reward booking).
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
My LHR-HEL on 18 Sep has been cancelled (this was originally a BA flight that was cancelled and rebooked on AY.) The later AY flight still seems to be operating, as is the return on 21 Sep (which is also a rebooking after two flights on 20 Sep were cancelled.)

With all the cancellations and changes I now have 7 flights showing for this straightforward return... I'm beginning to loose track ;-)
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi teebs,

I think you will need to hang in there. From the august thread cancellations were going on until 2 weeks before departure with a couple after that so I would say there is almost certainly more cancellations coming . Not sure on your route but likely.

Regards

Tbs
Thanks, that's reassuring. I couldn't see much demand for them to be flying to Malaysia given the likelihood of ongoing severe travel restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.