Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
After 31 December, right?
I don't think anyone was expecting an extension to that date.
Expecting... No
Hoping...Yes

Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
It directly arrived into my spam folder
zen100 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
After 31 December, right?
I don't think anyone was expecting an extension to that date.
Unless there's something I'm missing, I can't see why anyone would seriously expect an extension to that date and be able to justify exactly why.

The US is open, Asia is (mostly) open, most routes and frequencies have been reinstated.

BA has been extremely generous the last few years - rolling over memberships for multiple years with lower tier point requirements.

Seems totally reasonable to move back to BAU levels.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by zen100
Expecting... No
Hoping...Yes

No extension likely I'm afraid so you'll need to move rapidly to retain that ggl status if I remember right zen100 . 2250 is significantly easier than 3000 although making it by dec 31st is tough and I only have 500 at the moment although 18 flight segments 2 double tp holidays and 29000 miles of flying should do it.

No email on this topic for me yet. Edit - just received it!

Last edited by firstlight; Oct 19, 2022 at 11:26 am
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
No extension likely I'm afraid so you'll need to move rapidly to retain that ggl status if I remember right zen100 . 2250 is significantly easier than 3000 although making it by dec 31st is tough and I only have 500 at the moment although 18 flight segments 2 double tp holidays and 29000 miles of flying should do it.
It's in hand, but my plans leave me just short of 2,250. Was holding off on a CE B2B to push me over, just in case it was extended. At least I know for sure, so can get booking. I should make it fine.
firstlight likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
same email just dropped into my Inbox just now
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
So reaching 450 points with a flight on Dec 31, 2022 should be sufficient for Silver, right?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
If you are BA gold as you profile says then don't worry you will drop to silver.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by CT-UK
If you are BA gold as you profile says then don't worry you will drop to silver.
I'm already set to requal for Gold next year, the question concerns my SO.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Not sure if this has come up before. Sorry if so.

I'm GGL, year end Feb 8th 2023. I currently have 1285 TPs and have completed my 4 BA flights. I will finish 2022 on 1365 points. I will not earn any more TPs before 8th Feb 2023.

Will I fall to Gold or Silver? I assume the former. But, as my current tier is not Gold, I'm not sure if the reduced tier threshold for Gold members applies to me.

Just working out if I will need to rely on being guested into the F lounges by the generosity of my partner, who will (just as generously) receive this year's gift of a partner gold card from me before the Feb 8th cutoff. Isn't this one of the idiosyncrasies of the GGL plunge to Silver membership?! (I presume I can't allocate the partner Gold card to myself to cover my own needs for next year?)
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy

I'm GGL, year end Feb 8th 2023. I currently have 1285 TPs and have completed my 4 BA flights. I will finish 2022 on 1365 points. I will not earn any more TPs before 8th Feb 2023.

Will I fall to Gold or Silver? I assume the former. But, as my current tier is not Gold, I'm not sure if the reduced tier threshold for Gold members applies to me.

Just working out if I will need to rely on being guested into the F lounges by the generosity of my partner, who will (just as generously) receive this year's gift of a partner gold card from me before the Feb 8th cutoff. Isn't this one of the idiosyncrasies of the GGL plunge to Silver membership?! (I presume I can't allocate the partner Gold card to myself to cover my own needs for next year?)
As you’ve achieved the 1125TP threshold before 31st December you’ll retain gold.

it’s also worth remembering that GGL is not a status in its own right. You’re currently gold and you will retain gold.
crazyanglaisy likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec

You can take advantage of the reduced requirement for GGL, 2250 TPs instead of 3000 until 31 December if you think your status is worth a TP run for the 885 TPs left to retain it.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
As per can you allocate the Gold card to yourself the answer is sadly no. I was going to use similar tactics to retain Gold as both me and the Mrs. are GGL's with Jan year end currently sitting on 20TP each so we were just going to gift them to each other in Dec but even that's not possible. Apparently you can't gift a lower status to a member that they currently hold.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
You can take advantage of the reduced requirement for GGL, 2250 TPs instead of 3000 until 31 December if you think your status is worth a TP run for the 885 TPs left to retain it.
I've considered it. But the issue is that my TPs come almost entirely from work travel and changes in the industry mean that status is going to become more elusive for me in future years. I work for an organisation that is still embracing the shift to Zoom and Teams. The other hit is coming from new environmental sustainability targets and carbon counting. I foresee that this shift to putting the climate first in business positioning will be the final nail in the coffin of my fun travel years.

I'm focusing now on just getting the best deals on cheap business tickets when travel is permitted, regardless of loyalty.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Given the state of the lounges over the past couple of months this is hardly surprising news. Extensions, 50% reductions for silver renewals, 25% reductions elsewhere, double holiday TPs etc. etc. I think we've reached status saturation.

Plus given the double holiday TP offer runs for another year there are still ways to bump up the numbers for those that need to.
David_Doyle, aks120, KARFA and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.