Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all, hoping someone can put my mind at ease?
Mrs Zero Zero is currently Silver and has 1120 Tier Points for this year (Year Ends 08.01.2023)
Her executive club account shows she needs 380 TP to achieve Gold Status, although I understand this has been reduced by 25% for members until 31.12.2022, thus 1125 TP.
In this case she falls short by 5 TP to achieve Gold?
We can book an Economy Basic return flight LHR-MAN before the end of this year (5 TP each way)?
Any confirmation would be great as otherwise we won't bother with these flights.
Thank you in advance
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zero Zero
Mrs Zero Zero is currently Silver and has 1120 Tier Points for this year (Year Ends 08.01.2023)
Her executive club account shows she needs 380 TP to achieve Gold Status, although I understand this has been reduced by 25% for members until 31.12.2022, thus 1125 TP.
We can book an Economy Basic return flight LHR-MAN before the end of this year (5 TP each way)?
Any confirmation would be great as otherwise we won't bother with these flights.
Thank you in advance
What do you want confirmed?

As you have pointed out, she is 5 TP short of the reduced target and I do not think BA would waive that in anyway, given the already generously reduced requirements.

Regards
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thank you in advance
yes if she gets 1125 TPs by 31 December then she would get gold.
Zero Zero likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:32 am

Thank you Karfa, much appreciated
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubadu
What do you want confirmed?

As you have pointed out, she is 5 TP short of the reduced target and I do not think BA would waive that in anyway, given the already generously reduced requirements.

Regards
Thank you Karfa, much appreciated
Zero Zero, my apologies for the way my response might have come across. In hindsight, it reads more rude than I intended it to be. I guess I thought you were asking if BA might simply waive the 5 TPs or something.

Anyhow, I should have worded my reply in a more positive tone, again my apologies.

Regards
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Zero Zero, my apologies for the way my response might have come across. In hindsight, it reads more rude than I intended it to be. I guess I thought you were asking if BA might simply waive the 5 TPs or something.

Anyhow, I should have worded my reply in a more positive tone, again my apologies.

Regards
No problem Scubadu. I was just making sure that I'd interpreted BA's reduced TP requirements correctly.
Overnight trip to Manchester now being booked.
Regards
scubadu likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
No problem Scubadu. I was just making sure that I'd interpreted BA's reduced TP requirements correctly.
Overnight trip to Manchester now being booked.
Regards
only 1 way for the OH is required ;-)
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Delboy65
only 1 way for the OH is required ;-)
Lol Delboy, seeing as she'll reach Gold I think I'll book a return
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Is there anyway to get the 1125TP in one journey before the expiry date this year?

I am assuming that doing it as a BA holiday with double TP is the way to go - but what journeys would do it for the best value?
Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Spinstorm
Is there anyway to get the 1125TP in one journey before the expiry date this year?

I am assuming that doing it as a BA holiday with double TP is the way to go - but what journeys would do it for the best value?
Thanks.
ideally you want 2 x 140 tps each way, so that would net you 1120 tps, start from MAN/GLA/EDI/ABZ/INV/JER and you'll get 1200 tps.
Going West (to the US) you'd want to fly LHR-JFK-LAX or LHR-BOS-LAX
Going East (to South East Asia) you'd want BA codeshare flights going via DOH with QR - just make sure second segment is over 2000 miles, so earns 140tps, not 40...

I don't know your budget, but at short notice it's not going to be "the best value".
Lefly and zen100 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:51 am

Thanks.
Is there a way to get 1,125 in a single trip - absolutely. A MAN/EDI/JER to West Coast USA with stops in LHR and JFK and 5 nights hotel/car should get you 1,280 - possibly more. You could book it today.

But at under 60 days, the cost will be very expensive - you're looking around the £4-5K mark for December, and around £9K for November. (and that's just for the flight component - car/hotel is extra)

I assume you're trying to retain Gold. How far out is your reset date? It may work out (a lot) cheaper to forget about the 25% reduction and just book that same trip further out (about £2K when the next sale kicks in), and then cover the shortfall to 1,500 with a short haul trip.
Lefly likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:12 pm

It is the end of July so there is time; but I thought it would be cheaper to to it while the TP requirement is still less.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:47 pm

Please delete - double post.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Please delete - double post.
Well, I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be requalifying for Gold this year (Aug birthday). The pandemic has just caused too many issues for me.

However, I am planning to attain Qantas Platinum, as I am already over halfway there, so will still be looking forward to my breakfasts in the T5 GF.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:52 pm

Renewing gold at 1,125 tier points

Hi...

I'm gold with 1,070 tier points currently. This week I'm flying LHR-GLA-LHR in Club which will give me 80 TPs and put me at 1,150. On my exec club homepage it says if I get 1,125 TPs this year I can renew gold. However, the TP meter says I need an additional 430...

Can anyone help? My TP collection year ends on 08 Jul 2023.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.