Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I'm curious as to whether their IT can handle this though, having some people at a reduced rate and others at the full rate. I get the impression it's all or nothing, hence my theory that it will switch over for everyone on 1 January 2023, regardless of where you are in your TP collection year. I do agree with what you're saying though, so I think it could go either way. I'll be curious to see how it pans out.
I believe this is the root cause of the problem - that the targets are a systemwide setting and can't be different for different collection year ends - and that's the reason why they came up with the crazy idea to just move the targets back up on 30th June 2022. For the same reason, BA can't just reduce the targets further for July-Sept 2022 resets. It's an all-or-nothing setting.

Pure speculation, but it would explain a lot.

So given the wording has changed, does this mean that BA have "fixed" this. They really need to fix it 1 year ahead of when it kicks in, so that customers are advised of the targets at the start of their TP collection year, which means the fix/enhancement needs to be in place now.

We will find out on the 9th Jan 2022. Maybe the Jan resets will start seeing the full targets for their next year, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited by zen100; Dec 23, 2021 at 1:13 pm
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zen100
I believe this is the root cause of the problem - that the targets are a systemwide setting and can't be different for different collection year ends - and that's the reason why they came up with the crazy idea to just move the targets back up on 30th June 2022. For the same reason, BA can't just reduce the targets further for July-Sept 2022 resets. It's an all-or-nothing setting.

So given the wording has changed, does this mean that BA have "fixed" this. They really need to fix it 1 year ahead of when it kicks in, so that customers are advised of the targets at the start of their TP collection year, which means the fix/enhancement needs to be in place now.

We will find out on the 9th Jan 2022. Maybe the Jan resets will start seeing the full targets, but I wouldn't count on it.
Worse will be when BA starts serving Spanish Cava in First Class, and Prosecco in Club (or would it be the reverse?)
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

We will find out on the 9th Jan 2022. Maybe the Jan resets will start seeing the full targets for their next year, but I wouldn't count on it.
maybe this was what they fixed in november
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
maybe this was what they fixed in november
They "fixed" something in November?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by champignon
They "fixed" something in November?
well I hope they were doing something when it was down for 2 weeks. Maybe this fix
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by RB211
It has suddenly struck me where BA have gone wrong!

Instead of reduced TPs, BA should have been awarding increased TPs for flights - and then they could just keep moving the end date of when flights go back to earning standard TPs. That would have simplified the whole thing. Well, some of it, at least!
They already do, somewhat, through the BAH promotion - but this would take up to 30 (!) days to be (manually?) adjusted. So much for BA IT.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
well I hope they were doing something when it was down for 2 weeks. Maybe this fix
… while creating many other annoyances that needed to be fixed! Way to create guaranteed employment for their IT folks. LOL.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:52 pm

Indeed 9 Jan 2022 shall be the first litmus test. Put an entry into your calendar to return here when the hive of discussions start.
Komodromou likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 2:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I know the email said that the extension would automatically apply by the end of the first week in January, but it looks like it has updated my account card expiry already.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:59 am

My card expiry date still showing as 30th June 2022 but I know others that have had theirs extended already.

I really hope this isn't another one of those things they manage to screw up / we have to chase over.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RG1X
My card expiry date still showing as 30th June 2022 but I know others that have had theirs extended already.

I really hope this isn't another one of those things they manage to screw up / we have to chase over.
i think sometimes the app doesn't properly update. does it show card expiry of 30 June 2022 if you look at the desktop site?
RG1X likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
i think sometimes the app doesn't properly update. does it show card expiry of 30 June 2022 if you look at the desktop site?
Yeah, it was the desktop site I checked first.

I got the email so I can't see any reason why the extension wouldn't apply to me.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by RG1X
Yeah, it was the desktop site I checked first.

I got the email so I can't see any reason why the extension wouldn't apply to me.
The e-mail did say that the extensions would be applied by the end of the first week of January, so I wouldn't be hitting the panic button just yet.

Obviously if it doesn't flip over with an extra year, let them know, as you will be eligible as you received the e-mail. I'd say it'll extend correctly, they usually do.
RG1X likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:01 pm

Any January members can confirm whether your target now shows the full, or still 25% reduced, TPs for in your membership year to 8 Jan 2023?
geo1005 and LPQ like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:55 am

Jan reset is full tier points but reduced threshold applies until end Dec

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Any January members can confirm whether your target now shows the full, or still 25% reduced, TPs for in your membership year to 8 Jan 2023?
Can confirm my Jan reset now shows 1,500 points to retain gold. However it also says:

COVID-19: How the Executive Club is supporting you We have reduced the amount of Tier Points required to renew or upgrade your Tier status by 25% throughout 2022. As a Gold member, this means that you could renew your Gold membership if you earn 1,125 Tier Points by the 31st December 2022. Or, you could unlock the benefits of Gold Guest List membership if you earn 3,750 Tier Points by the same date. From 1st January 2023, the normal Tier Point thresholds, as you can see in your progress tracker, will then apply. Read more
Seems pretty clear now that Gold, GGL can be hit at reduced threshold as long as it happens before 31st Dec.

Last edited by bahyattpoints; Jan 9, 2022 at 1:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.