Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Fairly clear to see which group have missed out here.

I suspect come December, the final group will be extended by 12 months and that will be that.
That seems less likely if the US opens to UK/EU citizens as seems near certain.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by dougzz
That seems less likely if the US opens to UK/EU citizens as seems near certain.
That depends on whether businesses allow travel again. BA are dependent on corporate contracts and I'm not sure many employers will be looking at much business travel over the next few months. Travel insurance companies aren't too keen, there was talk of high premiums for each trip within Europe, I can't imagine those being cheap for trips across the pond knowing the cost of healthcare stateside...
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
Can I politely and respectfully ask those who are feeling aggrieved at having missed out on an extension this time trawl back six months, and then a further six months.

The outpourings of angst have been heard before, several times!

If you are not included in this extension, then it means you still have over six months at your current status... irrespective as to whether you can use it. I'm sure that, in due course, there will be a further announcement.

August2022, and Zero TPs ;-)
That is a fair summary however my year end is April. Since April 19 when I re-qualified by right, BA have cancelled over 2000 tier points of flying. My travel pattern is almost entirely in July/August with a few ShortHaul during the other 11 months. I have benefitted from just 1 extension my wife 2 on even less flying than me.
Given the timing of reduced thresholds it’s lose lose for me.
hope there is one more roll of the dice and preferably reduced tier thresholds for all of 22. That would work for me and encourage paid upgrades.
ianwall and RG1X like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This may seem churlish on my part, I received the good news today as well, only to find out later on in the day that the mood music from Washington means I am now likely to earn the TPs to maintain my status anyway. It will be good however to get back on a plane after 18 months confined to FL 000.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by jason8612
How dare they!

Great news! I assume the guest policy will be 0 or maybe +1 for GGL without CCR card. But at least I can enjoy some excellent champagne and a nice meal before flying BA HBO to PL 😂. I just need to finally pick up some BA flights again. So happy that they finally started KRK back up.
​​​​​
From BA's GGL/CCR email:

You can also extend the invitation to one guest, provided they are also flying with us, so they can relax or dine with you in quiet luxury prior to take-off.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
This may seem churlish on my part, I received the good news today as well, only to find out later on in the day that the mood music from Washington means I am now likely to earn the TPs to maintain my status anyway. It will be good however to get back on a plane after 18 months confined to FL 000.
Some businesses/clients will take time to move back towards normal, some may not until testing req's are removed, and plenty of people still travel to APAC/ME/etc. So it's very positive news but I think BA's still right to extend since it removes uncertainty and whilst it's a big hurdle down, it's still only one of the hurdles.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Had anyone not had the date update yet, despite TP year falling within the necessary range?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
TFTL currently has a FAQ with BA on some status questions and one of them is as follows:
  • The extension of the 25% off tier points until 30 June 2022 is confusing. If you have a tier points expiry of 8 September 22 for example, does that mean you won’t get any reduction or that the reduction applies until 22 June then returns to normal until 8 September?
The 25% threshold reductions currently apply to those with a Tier Point collection end date before 30 June 2022.

This still makes it clear as mud, if you have a collection end date after 30 June is your app just going to show 500/450 points earned and not grant you renewal?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Hawkbat
TFTL currently has a FAQ with BA on some status questions and one of them is as follows:
  • The extension of the 25% off tier points until 30 June 2022 is confusing. If you have a tier points expiry of 8 September 22 for example, does that mean you won’t get any reduction or that the reduction applies until 22 June then returns to normal until 8 September?
The 25% threshold reductions currently apply to those with a Tier Point collection end date before 30 June 2022.

This still makes it clear as mud, if you have a collection end date after 30 June is your app just going to show 500/450 points earned and not grant you renewal?
If your tier point collection year ends after 30 June 2022, the standard renewal rates will apply. So, as of yesterday, only those members with collection year ends on 8 April, 8 May, or 8 June 2022 will renew at the reduced threshold rates.

All members in sight of a higher tier will be promoted at the reduced rates providing they do so before 30 June 2022.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Prospero
So, as of yesterday, only those members with collection year ends on 8 April, 8 May, or 8 June 2022 will renew at the reduced threshold rates.
Would it not be clearer to say that only those members will get their full year to reach the reduced targets.

Others will be able to avail of renewal (not just promotion) at the lower target if they reach it by 30 June '22?

To give a concrete example, my understanding is that a Silver member with a TP year ending July 8th 2022 will retain silver if they reach 450TP by 30th June 2022.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Would it not be clearer to say that only those members will get their full year to reach the reduced targets.

Others will be able to avail of renewal (not just promotion) at the lower target if they reach it by 30 June '22?

To give a concrete example, my understanding is that a Silver member with a TP year ending July 8th 2022 will retain silver if they reach 450TP by 30th June 2022.
I really don't think it will play out this way because for renewals the qualification threshold is tied to the collection year end date. So with your example, what matters is the number of TPs accrued on 8 July 2022. In this instance a Silver member will need 600 TPs to keep the tier
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:42 am

I really don't think it will play out this way because for renewals the qualification threshold is tied to the collection year end date. So with your example, what matters is the number of TPs accrued on 8 July 2022. In this instance a Silver member will need 600 TPs to keep the tier
Interesting. I think that while renewals have historically been processed at the year end that in fact that is really only the update of the card expiry date. As I recall the app/system actually acknowledges that you have retained your status at the point you pass the threshold, it just doesn't update your expiry. So my thinking is that will still happen, the system can mark you as retained just as before, and do so at the lower thresholds.

They are currently showing 225/450/1125 etc as the renewal targets for Jul/Aug/Sep '22 members. That will be surely be a PR disaster if people hit those specified targets and BA deny them the status.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
All attempts at clarification just seem to muddy the waters.
I'm currently silver until Sept '22. When I look at my account it simply tells me that I need 450 TPs to retain silver with a collection year ending Sept '22.

Now I read here that I actually need 600 TPs to retain silver?
etiene likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:59 am

I think its the app that's creating the confusion. For example, as a 8 Jan year-ender, the app is telling me "1,125 more needed" to retain Gold. This is completely at odds with what BA's website is saying.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:10 am

I think its the app that's creating the confusion. For example, as a 8 Jan year-ender, the app is telling me "1,125 more needed" to retain Gold. This is completely at odds with what BA's website is saying.
Yes, but we know historically (I think!) that the app simply shows the target without taking account of any adjusted card expiry - so that target is meaningless in the context of the extension you've just received but it's always done that when people have had extensions for whatever reason.

For me as a July 8th, the app and the website are both consistent. They both say I need 1045 to renew (I've managed a whole 80!), which value is consistent with their statement that:

We’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25% for members renewing or upgrading to higher Tiers until 30 June 2022
Hopefully it won't be too long until we get a practical answer to this, as a Jul/Aug/Sep Bronze or Silver hits their reduced renewal target (but not the normal target!) and we can see what the app/website reports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.