Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
i don't appear to have a code.
I just have an email saying I have a voucher for x amount and the booking code for the flight which was cancelled.
I tried calling today to rebook but just got a message saying they weren't taking calls.
Can I call the gold line if it is for a holiday booking, or is that just for flights?
Thankyou
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by anniegray
i don't appear to have a code.
I just have an email saying I have a voucher for x amount and the booking code for the flight which was cancelled.
I tried calling today to rebook but just got a message saying they weren't taking calls.
Can I call the gold line if it is for a holiday booking, or is that just for flights?
Thankyou
The "code", and it's probably not the right word, is actually your original ticket number beginning 125. This you will find in your email from the original booking. You can check if it is set up using the Qantas method explained in the wiki of the main Rebooking thread. However in a sense that's not very relevant, so long as you have the PNR for the original booking and ideally the 125 number then you can rebook at a time of your choosing, which currently has to be done online. Keep an eye on the forum for when online management can be done. In essence the term voucher is misleading, all BA are doing is clearing out your previous trip and holding the value of the original booking in a virtual way via the 125 ticket numer.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:25 am

Thankyou CWS
Old Jun 11, 2020, 11:48 am

There seems to be some discrepancy between the Wiki and the BA Site - on the BA site it says you get a voucher valid through April 2022 by when travel must be completed whereas the Wiki talks about using within 12 months of the original flight.

My situation is that I have a 1 way flight US to UK next week w avios and a 241 which we need to cancel. Trying to understand my options without using phone if possible.

It feels like alternatives are this...
1. Phone BA and cancel over the phone, recredit of Avios and taxes/fees + voucher which gets extended 6 months to March 2021, w payment of applicable cancellation fee;

2. Cancel on line through application for an FTV. This is effectively a wrapper consisting of three elements - cash from the fees/taxes, avios and the 241. Can then rebook at any time for travel through April 2022 and if I don't use all the elements I get another voucher for the residual (so could for example use the cash towards a cash booking and then get a new voucher w just the avios and 241).

Second option feels better because I effectively get an additional year of 241 and can hopefully credit to a round trip if there is availability - only risk is there is no avios availability in that time frame.

Can anyone shine light onto whether my interpretation is correct?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
As a reference point, I was able to use an e-voucher from a cancelled BA holiday to pay the taxes/fees on a 100% Avios booking through BA, for 6 Malaysian Airlines flights. It took a while for the call centre stars to align (BA holidays are separate to BA), but one of the call handlers eventually took up the challenge and succeeded. 😎
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Just a data point. Used 3 FTV on an August CW booking. Remainder of the value will be returned in a new voucher (valid for 12 months to buy a new ticket v. Apil 2022 travel). Agent was very helpful but needed to send the booking to back office for manual processing. BWC applies to the new ticket.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tnqray
There seems to be some discrepancy between the Wiki and the BA Site - on the BA site it says you get a voucher valid through April 2022 by when travel must be completed whereas the Wiki talks about using within 12 months of the original flight.

My situation is that I have a 1 way flight US to UK next week w avios and a 241 which we need to cancel. Trying to understand my options without using phone if possible.

It feels like alternatives are this...
1. Phone BA and cancel over the phone, recredit of Avios and taxes/fees + voucher which gets extended 6 months to March 2021, w payment of applicable cancellation fee;

2. Cancel on line through application for an FTV. This is effectively a wrapper consisting of three elements - cash from the fees/taxes, avios and the 241. Can then rebook at any time for travel through April 2022 and if I don't use all the elements I get another voucher for the residual (so could for example use the cash towards a cash booking and then get a new voucher w just the avios and 241).

Second option feels better because I effectively get an additional year of 241 and can hopefully credit to a round trip if there is availability - only risk is there is no avios availability in that time frame.

Can anyone shine light onto whether my interpretation is correct?
Yes I don't see any issues with your interpretation. The only additional point would be for either 1 or 2 when yo come to rebook you will need reward availability.

Also the voucher date is definitely now April 2022, I think in all the stuff that has been going on it is just the wiki update which has been overlooked.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:55 am

If I have an expiring 2-4-1 voucher which I am unable to use before expiry, would the following work to extend its useful life?

1. Book using 2-4-1 for dates before expiry of the 2-4-1 to the destination I want to go to.
2. Ask BA to cancel the booking and issue a FTV.
3. Use the FTV to rebook for new, later, dates (before April 2022)? In this case, would I need avios availability for the new dates, or would I be booked into the new dates regardless as long as there are cash seats? My understanding is the former...
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:27 am

Hi all, I had two separate BA flights cancelled in March and vouchers were issued. One voucher was issued by AMEX Travel while the other directly by BA. Ideally, I'd like to use both vouchers on a new booking. Does anyone know if this will be possible?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Seems BA have been. Ore flexible with the FTVs that are for 100% Avios bookings.

People that previously had an Avios only booking and requested the voucher had the Avios and cash paid incorporated in the voucher. To instigate a refund you would have needed to phone up and cancel.

BA will now allow you to reverse this and have the Avios refunded to your account and the cash paid refunded however this has to be requested by phone and the £35 fee per person will apply even if you selected a £1 fee for more Avios.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nomad26
Hi all, I had two separate BA flights cancelled in March and vouchers were issued. One voucher was issued by AMEX Travel while the other directly by BA. Ideally, I'd like to use both vouchers on a new booking. Does anyone know if this will be possible?
I suspect not. The Amex one is definitely going to confine you to Amex for rebooking, and I doubt the BA one will be accessible to Amex since they don't own the voucher.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I had a booking (for 2 pax) which I made with a single voucher in my name (from a price match claim, not a future travel voucher). I have since cancelled that booking for a FTV, and it has given me two FT vouchers - one for my GF and one for me. Is it possible to use both vouchers for a booking only in my name? We do not share the same surname.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I had a booking (for 2 pax) which I made with a single voucher in my name (from a price match claim, not a future travel voucher). I have since cancelled that booking for a FTV, and it has given me two FT vouchers - one for my GF and one for me. Is it possible to use both vouchers for a booking only in my name? We do not share the same surname.
No, FTVs are personal, unlike EMDs, which is what your Price Match voucher would have been. The only wriggle room in this space is on BA Holiday bookings.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, FTVs are personal, unlike EMDs, which is what your Price Match voucher would have been. The only wriggle room in this space is on BA Holiday bookings.
...and conversely, I found that if you have a FTV in one name, it cannot be used for a booking of two, even if one of the two is the named person on that FTV (presumably you would have to have two separate bookings - which won't work with a 241...).
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I suspect not. The Amex one is definitely going to confine you to Amex for rebooking, and I doubt the BA one will be accessible to Amex since they don't own the voucher.
@corporate-wage-slave Thank you for replying. I had another thought - what if I book the new ticket with Amex using the first voucher, do you think I could then call BA to apply the second voucher towards baggage and seat selection fees....would this work? I just hate the idea of spending extra cash when I have money hanging with BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.