Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by everGLAdes
Does the US interpretation of midnight mean Sunday-Monday or Monday night Tuesday morning?

I am supposed to be flying Monday afternoon.
BBC are saying Midnight EST which is 0400 GMT on Tuesday.
everGLAdes likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:05 am

My mums currently in MCO due to fly back week after next. Is it likely that BA will ground flights and she will be stuck there? I know no one has a crystal ball but I can’t wrap my head round how she’s going to get home.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NEMMIE
My mums currently in MCO due to fly back week after next. Is it likely that BA will ground flights and she will be stuck there? I know no one has a crystal ball but I can’t wrap my head round how she’s going to get home.
I think AA may continue flying some LHR flights. What I would be more worried about at this point is a domestic travel ban in certain areas. I could absolutely see SEA and JFK, for example, being closed soon.

Good luck to your mom.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
If I cancel on a Avios booking, do I get taxes back?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:20 am

I am currently in Hawaii, due to fly back to LAX on Thursday before travelling with BA to LHR on Friday. Any thoughts if my flight will even operate?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I think we are now looking at a full scale grounding of UK based carriers along with mass layoffs. This is so much worse than anything before including 9/11 and the volcano grounding.

I would go further and ban all flights between UK and USA until the travel ban is lifted. The US health industry is not fit to deal with this any better than any country with a joined up health service so stop them coming here please and in any event it won't do the environment any harm.

`time to focus on family friends and staying well
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:26 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Link to the USA ban on UK and ROI flights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51886497
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sb1982
are we expecting BA still to continue flying (to bring US citizens home, and UK citizens back to the UK?).
At least for Finnair they continued flying transatlantic after the ban on people from Schengen countries. Ban started on Saturday but they continue JFK-HEL for several days after that, so that people can come back to Europe. I came back JFK-HEL last night and surprisingly the plane was nowhere near full. I was expecting it totally full as people try to get out of the USA before massive flight cancellations kick in.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:39 am

BA planes parked up?

Hello

Does anyone have any photos of BA planes stacked up?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by UAL250
I think AA may continue flying some LHR flights. What I would be more worried about at this point is a domestic travel ban in certain areas. I could absolutely see SEA and JFK, for example, being closed soon.

Good luck to your mom.
Thank you! 👍🏻
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I am, in theory, flying back home (SEA) on Thursday 19th from LHR. (Arrived in the UK March 7th). With the new travel ban, and with the reduction of people traveling, do you think BA will just stop flying to the US? I am not sure of my options, should I try to change my flight to tomorrow or Monday? Or just wait it out as it is just 5 days? Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by LucyK1806
I am currently in Hawaii, due to fly back to LAX on Thursday before travelling with BA to LHR on Friday. Any thoughts if my flight will even operate?
Not to add to your concerns but US domestic travel restrictions are also being discussed supposedly per CNN (https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...hnk/index.html). Note you might need to scroll down as more news events are added. Whether that happens or not I don't know but I assume CA is a state that is at high risk of a domestic restrictions (along with WA and NY).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Now we aren’t allowed to enter the USA on Thursday, are BA likely to cancel our flight or do I need to make an insurance claim? We were going to CUN via MIA. I note that flights are available to MEX. would BA transfer us?

Last edited by botham; Mar 14, 2020 at 1:19 pm Reason: Correction
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
Need a steer

So we are out in the US at the moment, on a 2-4-1, due to fly home in F on the 286, 30/03 from SFO. Mr Gamebird has work here and is VERY keen to stay, arguing that as we're flying back from one of the 13 designated airports for the repatriation of US citizens we should be OK. I'm afraid I am far more skeptical and feel we should get home at least some time next week.

I know we can't predict which routes are likely to be cut, but with SFO having x2/day one on the 744 and the other leaves later on the 388 is it likely one would be cut and one would remain, for example? So hard to know what to do.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
If the UK closes it's borders in a week or so like other countries are domestic flights likely to continue or will all planes be grounded? I have flights from LHR > ABZ and semi flexible (14 day before arrival cancellation period) hotel stays to absorb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.