Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BA
Thought I’d add in some kids meals from a recent flight as you don’t often see them online.

I was pretty impressed by the offering. Hopefully the images are not sideways from an iPhone upload.

Kids fruit salad starter and additional snack items. Side salad and bread are the same as adults.

Kids Chicken dippers main course.

Kids starter of fruit and veg crudités.

Kids main of crispy chicken and mac&cheese.
dddc and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
My last flight a few days ago was in CW to the Caribbean. Main meal was OK but afternoon tea would not have satisfied a dormouse! Two TINY 'sandwiches' and apart from the usual scones with clotted cream, nothing else. Given that these flights are around 8 hours and lunch was completed less than two hours in, I thought that it was a very poor show.
dddc, T8191 and ermis177 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
A classic prawn and avocado and they have managed to keep the avocado green too
"Classic" prawn and avocado with mushrooms?!

It was tasty when I had it last, but I did find the mushrooms a bit weird and unnecessary.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by absoluy

It was tasty when I had it last, but I did find the mushrooms a bit weird and unnecessary.
I thought they were grapes at first and my mouth was very confused as to what was going on
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
I thought they were grapes at first and my mouth was very confused as to what was going on
I think grapes would probably work better than mushrooms!
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by absoluy

I didn’t see the mushrooms!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by BA or bust
My last flight a few days ago was in CW to the Caribbean. Main meal was OK but afternoon tea would not have satisfied a dormouse! Two TINY 'sandwiches' and apart from the usual scones with clotted cream, nothing else. Given that these flights are around 8 hours and lunch was completed less than two hours in, I thought that it was a very poor show.
I was expecting sandwiches as the 2nd meal on my recent LHR-LAX flight and was pleasantly surprised to see a three course 'light' meal instead. There was a very decent portion of smoked salmon to start with, and although I couldn't manage a main course my OH said his curry was the best he's ever had on an airline and better than many of our local restaurants. I'm disappointed I wasn't hungry.

I'm not sure what the cut- off time is for getting a 2nd meal.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by malkie
Thought I’d add in some kids meals from a recent flight as you don’t often see them online.

I was pretty impressed by the offering. Hopefully the images are not sideways from an iPhone upload.

Kids fruit salad starter and additional snack items. Side salad and bread are the same as adults.

Kids Chicken dippers main course.

Kids starter of fruit and veg crudités.

Kids main of crispy chicken and mac&cheese.
I always find fruit salad as a starter bizarre. I have no problem with fruit in a starter or main, but a fruit salad is a nice light dessert. I know this is a kids meal, and given this is CW I would have expected more- especially when when the mains could have been a bit creative instead of crumbed and (possibly) fried foods.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
BA163 LHR TLV 13 Jan. CW (A350): Decent meal, took quite a while even at front of forward cabin but great crew. Some won't be impressed by the food slop to the edges of the main but it tasted good. (Beef starter, chicken curry main and cheese, glorious cheese! )

Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: Executive Club
I want to ask about ice cream. Sometimes on my route (LGW > PUJ) the CC's come round with ice creams at some point between the main meal (lunch) and afternoon tea. And sometimes they don't. Is an ice-cream service, or any intermediate service between lunch and afternoon tea normal in CW? I realise that you can go to the galley and ask for drinks (and I presume ice-creams) but I just wondered if other flights get these served as standard.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I want to ask about ice cream. Sometimes on my route (LGW > PUJ) the CC's come round with ice creams at some point between the main meal (lunch) and afternoon tea. And sometimes they don't. Is an ice-cream service, or any intermediate service between lunch and afternoon tea normal in CW? I realise that you can go to the galley and ask for drinks (and I presume ice-creams) but I just wondered if other flights get these served as standard.
​​​​​​I mostly fly to and from the west coast USA and Canada, and have ever been offered an ice cream. I remember getting them on Virgin, but not on BA. I'm normally awake during the flight so I don't think I've missed an ice cream run, if there is one.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Icecreams on longer flights in CW would be in the Club Kitchen for you to help yourself, many of us come around First and CW with any spare Magnums left over for the WT cabins but this is not standard and won’t happen on every flight.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Icecreams on longer flights in CW would be in the Club Kitchen for you to help yourself, many of us come around First and CW with any spare Magnums left over for the WT cabins but this is not standard and won’t happen on every flight.
So basically the WT Plus customers get served an ice cream, and if there are any left overs, these are given to CW passengers. Seems the opposite of how things should be. I guess the logic is that CW passengers have the Club Kitchen, but I'm pretty sure that the ice creams aren't well displayed and unless you knew they were available, you wouldn't get them. A bit like the chocolates that disappeared from the meal trays.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The Magnums are a part of the WT cabins product offering, originally there was only enough for the WT cabin but this has been increased to include WT plus.
When ice creams are loaded in the Club Kitchen there are only 18 loaded in 3 flavours so not enough to offer around the cabin, they are in the fridge in a box along with the fresh food offerings.
Very often the ice creams melt before they are all eaten as they are only kept frozen by dry ice and when customers help themselves the box is often left partially open.
mustafina likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I feel differently about this one. I'm not sure why it's the opposite of what it should be? It's not offered as part of the CW menu and if another cabin has it, why should CW have it and them not? I fly mainly CW now, but if flying WT or WTP, not sure why getting an ice cream should be dependent on CW not wanting them. They never hand out left over LPGS to lower cabins, so not why it should work the other way. I'd imagine many people (of course not everyone?) don't want ice cream after a 3 course meal and snacks in the lounge, whereas a small magnum goes a long way for someone who is in WT and whose meal was rather small. Magnums are not even very nice

​​
KARFA and AnaTravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.