Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Is this true?
based on the report from turningleftforless, the catering in Club World on BA1 was indeed normal course by course pre pandemic catering. I haven't seen any reports on the catering on the other flights to JFK that day.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Is this true?
From what I've seen they do seem to have received an enhanced menu.

ermis177 and RG1X like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:30 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
based on the report from turningleftforless, the catering in Club World on BA1 was indeed normal course by course pre pandemic catering. I haven't seen any reports on the catering on the other flights to JFK that day.
My guess is that this was PR-lead catering & not (& will not be) representative of on-going (sub-par) CW catering. Sigh. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Originally Posted by Schwann
From what I've seen they do seem to have received an enhanced menu.
Thank you! I don't read blogs so missed these reports. If this service does not reflect the (now) regular Club World offering, then I would say this is decidedly deceitful and misleading. If that service is good enough and safe enough for Mr Doyle and the press it is good enough and safe enough for fare paying passengers.

Has anyone flown long haul since Monday, have you noticed any improvement in Club catering?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:30 am

Having seen pictures of BA1, surely this would be a major own goal from BA if they continue for much longer with the current sub-standard CW catering.

They’ve just shown the world that it’s safe to return to pre-pandemic catering.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MH1981
Having seen pictures of BA1, surely this would be a major own goal from BA if they continue for much longer with the current sub-standard CW catering.

They’ve just shown the world that it’s safe to return to pre-pandemic catering.
Ah, but they'll argue that this is what the customer wants from all the positive feedback etc. they've had
NoY and choosethedrew like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:45 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by NoY
My guess is that this was PR-lead catering & not (& will not be) representative of on-going (sub-par) CW catering. Sigh. I hope I'm wrong.
Of course it was. Its an attempt to pretend that catering is back to normal. They think people are fools
NoY, choosethedrew and oceanscape like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:34 am

Very subpar food & service on my CW flight from DXB-LHR yesterday. Was not offered a drink with my main meal and when asked it came 20-30 mins later when I had already finished eating. Same with the "afternoon tea" - no drink offered and I had to ask for coffee. Took ages and was told it was "because the seatbelt sign was on". Fair enough but she could have told me when I asked for it and then I could have selected a soft drink! Food was very poor quality, especially "afternoon tea" (2 tiny stale finger sandwiches). Virgin's afternoon tea blows this out of the water. To be frank, enough is enough and they need to get back to pre-COVID catering as it's disgraceful at the moment. This was a 100% full flight, every seat on the plane taken!

On the topic of the amenity kits, yesterday on boarding the crew member said to me "do you need an amenity kit or are you happy to go without, as we are a few short today".....
haroon145 and Schwann like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape
Very subpar food & service on my CW flight from DXB-LHR yesterday. Was not offered a drink with my main meal and when asked it came 20-30 mins later when I had already finished eating. Same with the "afternoon tea" - no drink offered and I had to ask for coffee. Took ages and was told it was "because the seatbelt sign was on". Fair enough but she could have told me when I asked for it and then I could have selected a soft drink! Food was very poor quality, especially "afternoon tea" (2 tiny stale finger sandwiches). Virgin's afternoon tea blows this out of the water. To be frank, enough is enough and they need to get back to pre-COVID catering as it's disgraceful at the moment. This was a 100% full flight, every seat on the plane taken!

On the topic of the amenity kits, yesterday on boarding the crew member said to me "do you need an amenity kit or are you happy to go without, as we are a few short today".....
Make sure you send feedback!

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...service-portal
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by oceanscape

No surprises here. It looks like the BA1 catering was a very beautiful... firework You are the third person mentioning the situation with the amenity kits. What is going to be next? We don’t have enough blankets or pillows so we only provided to the customers who asked?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Seems AA have reintroduced multi-coursed meals with separate starter and salad-main course-and dessert choice, actual sandwiches and fruit plates in the mid cabin galley “kitchen,” and pdbs on their tatl routes. Has or will BA up their club offerings to match their JV partner or are we living in a weird world where AA completely beats BA on soft product offering?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton DIamond, AB Platinum (RIP)
Interestingly enough the SCCM on my LHR-CPT on 09/11 proactively mentioned that they were in the process of going back to the proper CW service incl. choice of starters. Might well just be Galley FM but certainly much appreciated if it was indeed correct.
Schwann likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by fender5787
Seems AA have reintroduced multi-coursed meals with separate starter and salad-main course-and dessert choice, actual sandwiches and fruit plates in the mid cabin galley “kitchen,” and pdbs on their tatl routes. Has or will BA up their club offerings to match their JV partner or are we living in a weird world where AA completely beats BA on soft product offering?
To match, you must be joking.
I flew LHR-ORD on Monday and then ORD-JFK as all direct flights with BA were fully booked on the 8th Nov.
The food offering on AA was abysmal, inedible, followed by some steak with craft cheese in a bun shortly before landing.
As for the wines, they were rancid and served in a plastic cup.
If this is the pinnacle I will pass.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by carat22
To match, you must be joking.
I flew LHR-ORD on Monday and then ORD-JFK as all direct flights with BA were fully booked on the 8th.
The food offering on AA was abysmal, inedible, followed by some steak with craft cheese in a bun shortly before landing.
As for the wines, they were rancid and served in a plastic cup.
If this is the pinnacle I will pass.
Seems you missed the return to pre-Covid catering on tatl AA by a few days, but as of yesterday seems AA has BA’s current CW offerings beat by a landslide.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33720352-post203.html
choosethedrew and orbitmic like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My CUN on Saturday, it’s recently been 11 hours+ flying time. Will the second meal be more than two finger sandwiches afternoon tea ? Have packed some peanuts but could be a bit hungry by then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.