Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
BA163 LHR TLV 13 Jan. CW (A350): Decent meal, took quite a while even at front of forward cabin but great crew. Some won't be impressed by the food slop to the edges of the main but it tasted good. (Beef starter, chicken curry main and cheese, glorious cheese! )

things have declined some what since this pic was taken
bafan, haroon145 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Menu options on BA173 21st November?

Appreciate it's maybe too far out to be known at this point, but given BA still haven't reinstated the ability to view (or book) your menu 30 days out, I was wondering if anyone knew the CW options on the 173 LHR-JFK?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MH1981
How is the catering in CW these days? For transatlantic flights can we expect anything that resembles pre-Covid times? Anyone got any recent pictures?
I posted in another thread about how disappointed I was with the CW meal we received last week LHR-MAL, all served on one tray; choice of main only and the food itself was also poor quality. Didn't take any photos, but will take on the way back. Last flights in CE were actually better food and service LHR-ATH-LHR (shame about the seat &#128556
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:04 am

Desti, what were the main course choices? And what was the dessert?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Desti, what were the main course choices? And what was the dessert?
There was a roast chicken dinner, lamb hotpot and a pasta dish, I believe. I had the lamb, other half had the chicken, they were both poor. In addition there was a tiny bowl with two small pieces of cheese (exactly like felicidad76's photo), and equally teeny salad and dessert pots. I think the pudding was a crumble.

I was reminded of ye olde economy class on just about every airline 20 years ago. Perfectly adequate if you're hungry, but really not CW 10hr flight worthy..
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by desti
There was a roast chicken dinner, lamb hotpot and a pasta dish, I believe. I had the lamb, other half had the chicken, they were both poor. In addition there was a tiny bowl with two small pieces of cheese (exactly like felicidad76's photo), and equally teeny salad and dessert pots. I think the pudding was a crumble.

I was reminded of ye olde economy class on just about every airline 20 years ago. Perfectly adequate if you're hungry, but really not CW 10hr flight worthy..
That's the same menu I had on a recent flight to Dubai. It was OK, but the quality is clearly not what it used to be, particularly for starters, cheese and dessert. It's likely that one of your options will be a roast dinner of some sort, given they're currently "celebrating the best of Britain" by introducing these.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:40 am

I think it's very unusual, or perhaps unique, to be served a full business class meal on a single tray all at once.

It's such a shame as the food pre-covid was arguably as good as it has ever been.

I have moved a couple of TATL flights to VA for now, the reduction in service has given the the incentive to try them again.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
things have declined some what since this pic was taken
Fair play, the starter and cheese look amazing (for BA )

The main is a classic BA dish, putting it graciously.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:44 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by desti

I have had this meal on the last few Middle East flights I've taken & its getting quite monotonous, frankly! (it does taste OK though). How often do they change the blasted menus? I hope to god its not the same from DXB-LHR at end November too & back to RUH early in December! Say it isn't so...
ozflier likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I have had this meal on the last few Middle East flights I've taken & its getting quite monotonous, frankly! (it does taste OK though). How often do they change the blasted menus? I hope to god its not the same from DXB-LHR at end November too & back to RUH early in December! Say it isn't so...
If you're on the overnight flight from DXB that leaves around 1-2am then the good news is that it won't be the same menu, the bad news is that there is no menu and all that's on offer is some sort of sandwich until breakfast is served.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:53 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by cosmo74
If you're on the overnight flight from DXB that leaves around 1-2am then the good news is that it won't be the same menu, the bad news is that there is no menu and all that's on offer is some sort of sandwich until breakfast is served.
Thankfully I am on the day flight to LHR (I avoid the short night flights if at all possible)...so what will I be in for (feeling of dread!)..the usual ex-LHR menu??
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
If it helps, some pics of the menu referenced above for recent flight to DXB and other destinations (lamb hotpot version)

Second meal, toasted chicken and tomato sandwich (alternative was a vegetarian panini) with cake and crisps

The red wines have become generic in type and without vintage

The main meal was decent enough in terms of taste without being amazing in any way (hotpot-type dishes generally being a safe bet on BA), but the provision is basically much closer to CE than it is to pre-pandemic CW in my view. Honestly, I dont expect this to change in the foreseeable future, unless and until BA feels forced to react to negative consumer sentiment more than it feels it necessary to save money (this is more on an observation than a criticism, IAG is now carrying a lot more debt and that circle will not easily be squared).
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
If it helps, some pics of the menu referenced above for recent flight to DXB and other destinations (lamb hotpot version)
looks appalling !

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 10, 2021 at 4:13 am Reason: No need to requote all the photos
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Just for comparison, this was the lamb hotpot in WT+ (LHR-IAD) (end of October 2021) - a different shaped dish, but probably about the same size - maybe a tad smaller? (I quite liked it!).

Last edited by CKBA; Nov 4, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CKBA
Just comparison, this was the lamb hotpot in WT+ (LHR-IAD) (end of October 2021) - a different shaped dish, but probably about the same size - maybe a tad smaller? (I quite liked it!).

Apart from missing cheese (and different crockery and tray) looks like this could be a CW meal
NoY and LCSinTexas like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.