Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
And, as I understand it, you can no longer select your CW main course before departure (and thus see whether ordering a special meal makes sense). Anyone have any ideas why they would have enhanced away this feature? Surely it can't be on the grounds of cost?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
And, as I understand it, you can no longer select your CW main course before departure (and thus see whether ordering a special meal makes sense). Anyone have any ideas why they would have enhanced away this feature? Surely it can't be on the grounds of cost?
Hi

It is for our safety during these covid times

On a more serious note it is a good question that has been asked before here. I don't think there has been an announcement on when preorder will return. This might be another comment I will put in on my feed back to Ba after my cw flight.

Regards
Tbs
efincomputer and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Tonight’s 105 to DXB

babyg_wc likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I would also like to see the return of the halal main course option on the Middle East routes.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

It is for our safety during these covid times

On a more serious note it is a good question that has been asked before here. I don't think there has been an announcement on when preorder will return. This might be another comment I will put in on my feed back to Ba after my cw flight.

Regards
Tbs
Other side of the Atlantic, appears that AA are reinstating pre-order now. It's not showing up for my flight this weekend, but did show being possible for my xmas trips. I'd hope this is a sign that more airlines moving this way and that hopefully BA will soon follow.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I feel like a complaint re the quality of the club world food us due to be sent to BA for what it worth
but I will wait till I experience it on the flight to dubai and back in 3 weeks.
At least I know what to expect. Thanks for the photos.

Any news on what if any is offered in the club kitchen currently?

Thanks

TBS
club kitchen on DXB-LHR at the end of August

Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi
thanks very much for that kosy91

Looks appetising

Regards

Tbs
kosy91 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
So now Hot Pot is served in F, J and Y - We need to see all three offerings next to each other to see if the only difference is presentation.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good to see the folks on BA1 a few days ago got the full budget Do&Co service for the purposes of BA looking good on Instagram.

Meanwhile the folks on the BA an hour behind got the cheese on toast
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by A P Yu
So now Hot Pot is served in F, J and Y - We need to see all three offerings next to each other to see if the only difference is presentation.
I hope not. That would be depressing. What is going on? Someone just mentioned in another thread that amenity kits were given only on demand in club. The irony is in his recent interview in The Telegraph S.D said the day of cost cutting and shoddy service are over....
LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ermis177
I hope not. That would be depressing. What is going on? Someone just mentioned in another thread that amenity kits were given only on demand in club. The irony is in his recent interview in The Telegraph S.D said the day of cost cutting and shoddy service are over....
... because there was an insufficient quantity loaded on that particular flight. Kits are given out in Club, there is no change to policy, just a loading issue.
The _Banking_Scot and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Schwann
Good to see the folks on BA1 a few days ago got the full budget Do&Co service for the purposes of BA looking good on Instagram.

Meanwhile the folks on the BA an hour behind got the cheese on toast
Is this true?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
... because there was an insufficient quantity loaded on that particular flight. Kits are given out in Club, there is no change to policy, just a loading issue.
It was mentioned by 2 people. On different flights. One said that no amenity were given and the other person that amenity kits were given on demand... it doesn’t sound good. Let’s hope it’s a just a coincidence.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Is this true?
I don’t know what was given to people on BA1 but has the catering changed since yesterday? The cheese on toast seems to be one of the light meal choices at the moment... I really don’t want to post my “light meal” choices I recently had with KLM and Turkish....
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Yes,
Hopefully they are not affected by the supply chain issues ( i wonder where all the items come from and where the kit is packed) otherwise it could potentially get worse as time progresses.

Regards

Tbs
ermis177 likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 10, 2021 at 4:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.