Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by cosmo74
If you're on the overnight flight from DXB that leaves around 1-2am then the good news is that it won't be the same menu, the bad news is that there is no menu and all that's on offer is some sort of sandwich until breakfast is served.
I realize this is a CW catering topic, but on the DXB 2AM departure, does the same rule apply to the F cabin?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by bafan
Apart from missing cheese (and different crockery and tray) looks like this could be a CW meal
Id say the CW meal could be a WTP meal.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I realize this is a CW catering topic, but on the DXB 2AM departure, does the same rule apply to the F cabin?
No.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by bafan
Apart from missing cheese (and different crockery and tray) looks like this could be a CW meal
The main course is exactly the same dish. The heritage carrots, the sole pea torn adrift in the casserole - its all resplendently there.
bafan likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
looks appalling !
Looks a bit sad doesn't it. Lamb 'Hotpot' is just like we'd make at home from the leftovers of the Sunday roast. So, has the starter gone altogether in CW - I'm not counting a few leaves as a starter? All a bit mean if you ask me.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:01 am

The bowl of cheese is possibly the most depressing 'premium' product I've ever seen. It is utterly abysmal and totally unjustified.

This is no longer about safety, and everything to do with cost cutting.

Last edited by MH1981; Nov 5, 2021 at 4:09 am
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I feel like a complaint re the quality of the club world food us due to be sent to BA for what it worth
but I will wait till I experience it on the flight to dubai and back in 3 weeks.
At least I know what to expect. Thanks for the photos.

Any news on what if any is offered in the club kitchen currently?

Thanks

TBS
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Is it just me that look at the current Club World catering and thinks it looks worse than the Club Europe long band catering when it was first launched a few years ago?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:24 am

Looking at a recent posts on the Club Europe Menus thread, the short haul KSMLs look more interesting than the CW offerings. Anyone have any recent experiences on long haul? Presumably these are readily available ex JFK/EWR as well as LHR - that's my next long haul BA trip in the new year - and assuming that BA will still be operating under 'because of Covid' rules in early '22. (KSML = Kosher meal).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MH1981
The bowl of cheese is possibly the most depressing 'premium' product I've ever seen....
At least there is cheese in CW.
No such luck down the back anymore - even if pre-covid it was an encased piece of rubber with a couple of ship's biscuits (okay, perhaps not that bad, but at least trying to break into the packet of cheese used to while away an hour or so of the flight...).
bafan and ENTP like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...and Mucci.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I feel like a complaint re the quality of the club world food us due to be sent to BA for what it worth
but I will wait till I experience it on the flight to dubai and back in 3 weeks.
At least I know what to expect. Thanks for the photos.

Any news on what if any is offered in the club kitchen currently?

Thanks

TBS
Re: Club Kitchen, on LHR-DXB it was mainly ambient snacks (crisps, popcorn, chocolate), might have been a few sandwiches, can’t recall exactly. Certainly not much fresh that I saw, though it was a few hours into the flight when I visited. Not sure if there was a CK on DXB-LHR, it was a night flight and I slept most of the flight. Didn’t see anything about an hour before landing, but maybe it had been cleared away.

Generally, I’m not sure the main courses are a lot worse than before in terms of quality, though admittedly for the last few years pre-pandemic I was flying F whenever possible on BA, partly to avoid the CW catering experience. I did do enough CW sectors to form an opinion. The real drop appears to be in the starter, cheese, wine and overall presentation (and, I suspect, variety of menu, but I’m not really flying enough long haul right now to get a real handle on that). The toasted sandwich on the second meal was a bit grim.

As I said above, it feels like what you’d get in CE on a route with a hot meal (or perhaps WTP), just with better crockery and glassware. It’s better than what was being served earlier in the pandemic, but that’s hardly saying a lot.

Also, and maybe a minor point, but the menus were in English only. Not sure when BA stopped offering translations on the CW menus for routes where English is not the first language of the other country.

Crew were very good though, every cloud…
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Nov 5, 2021 at 10:50 am Reason: Typos
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:12 am

Presumably not printing an Arabic version saves a few pennies in printing costs. I don't think that they have any Arabic/local cabin crew any more either. There was a time when a couple of the crew were Arabic speakers. Presumably all the local passengers are on EK! - which wouldn't explain the lack of Arabic on flights to/from Saudi/Kuwait/Bahrain. I see that AUH and MCT are gone. Are BA flying to DOH anymore or have they contracted that out to QR (not a bad thing TBH)?

Back on track, and looking at other threads, it seems that BA longhaul have basically 'enhanced' the catering down one or two notches in all the premium cabins. Shorthaul has seen some petty trimming too, particularly at Breakfast - where's the bacon!?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Pretty miserable indeed - considering the pre Covid fanfare of do&co catering, these last few images and discussion are not good reading.

Does KSML get you a better offering in Club World ?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi .

Yeah,
when I first open the thread I see the photos and think that it is pretty good
Then look at the date and realise jan 2020 is pc( pre covid) and the more recent photos are not as good

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: BA blue, very lapsed Delta
Meh

We just flew LHR-NBO and as someone further up the thread said, the food was as you would get in economy a good 20 years ago.

The refurbished business class seats were good, though. Although they dont have the next-to-your-spouse ones anymore so I didnt get to talk to my husband for eight hours.

Some might see that as a plus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.