Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelUp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:58 am

[QUOTE=RG1X;32588111]I assume you mean you need one from some point in the past that they've since changed? If so, try this:

Many thanks for the link.

I have checked this, unfortunately it only dates back to 4th April. I need one before this date, some time in Feb or March (preferably in Dec 2019). I saw here some members have this earlier version.

I really appreciate if anyone here can provide this T&Cs. I must submit it to my bank in few days.

Cheers,
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:11 pm

That sucks. There's really no way of getting an earlier version that I can think of.

Christ, this company is scum.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Neda.ba
I have checked this, unfortunately it only dates back to 4th April. I need one before this date, some time in Feb or March (preferably in Dec 2019). I saw here some members have this earlier version.
See posts 61 and 71 above. Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Neda.ba.
RG1X likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 4:50 pm

Thanks to CWS I was able to find this Facebook group, which seems excellent: https://www.facebook.com/groups/303469570820231/
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:51 am

[QUOTE=RG1X;32589314]Thanks to CWS I was able to find this Facebook group, which seems excellent

Fantastic. This group was great and I found the Terms from Feb 2020. Many thanks

Cheers,
Neda
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:58 am
ECR

I have some flights next week that had been cancelled and when I go into Manage My Booking it has the following message "We’re sorry that more than one of your flights have been cancelled. We’ve gone ahead and booked you onto the next available flights".

The new flights they have booked aren't at suitable times for me. It actually originally started out as a booking for earlier this year that one of the flights was cancelled. From what I recall even though it was booked through travelup I was able to move the flights using manage my booking on the BA website.

This time however it says "You can choose to accept, change or cancel your booking", however there is only a button to Accept and it says "Call your original travel agent to change or cancel your trip".

I have tried contacting travelup via their email form on their website that it directs you to use, but I've got no response. Does anyone know if any options to change or move the flights will appear on the BA website closer to the time or is my only option to try and phone travelup?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by ECR
I have some flights next week that had been cancelled and when I go into Manage My Booking it has the following message "We’re sorry that more than one of your flights have been cancelled. We’ve gone ahead and booked you onto the next available flights".

The new flights they have booked aren't at suitable times for me. It actually originally started out as a booking for earlier this year that one of the flights was cancelled. From what I recall even though it was booked through travelup I was able to move the flights using manage my booking on the BA website.

This time however it says "You can choose to accept, change or cancel your booking", however there is only a button to Accept and it says "Call your original travel agent to change or cancel your trip".

I have tried contacting travelup via their email form on their website that it directs you to use, but I've got no response. Does anyone know if any options to change or move the flights will appear on the BA website closer to the time or is my only option to try and phone travelup?
call BA, they will rebook you
ECR likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Though I think strictly speaking you either need to have flown at least one leg already, or to be within 24 hours of departure. But if the agent sees you are TravelUp they may do it anyway if you go cub's honour to book direct next time.
ECR likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Though I think strictly speaking you either need to have flown at least one leg already, or to be within 24 hours of departure. But if the agent sees you are TravelUp they may do it anyway if you go cub's honour to book direct next time.
in my experience if BA cancel a flight they are happy to take over the booking from the TA - unless it’s an opaque fare or IT fare (e.g. avios booking) - in which case they can cancel the sectors but will not make other changes
ECR likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:13 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by wmaciej
Thank you both, it hadn't occurred to me to try calling BA directly. I'll give it a try as I'll not be too far off being within 24 hours anyway and I suppose the worst that can happen is they refuse to deal with it.

It is the only booking I have with TravelUp as I would very rarely book a BA flight with an online travel agent and all the rest of my current bookings have been booked direct from the BA website or app. The frustrating thing in this case is that TravelUp were around the same price and the only reason I booked with them was the BA website was running very slowly and kept crashing, and I couldn't use the app as it was multi city.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 2:33 pm
ECR

Just to report back I phoned BA and got a very helpful person who was able to move the flights for me. They didn't mention anything about it being an travel agent booking. It wasn't within 24 hours, but was within 48 hours of the original flight. Thankfully I have no more TravelUp bookings as all my other bookings were made directly on the BA website.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:26 am

I am in a dispute with TravelUp and Amex about getting back the £50 administration fee that was withheld from my refund. I made the booking in January 2020, before TravelUp changed its terms & conditions. Amex wants to see a copy of the original T&Cs, but I don't have it. I note you said that you have a date-stamped copy of the original TravelUp T&Cs. I would appreciate if somebody could send me a copy. Please contact me by PM.

Thanks,
digger2020

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 31, 2021 at 3:29 am Reason: Remove personal email address
Old Jan 31, 2021, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by digger2020
I am in a dispute with TravelUp and Amex about getting back the £50 administration fee that was withheld from my refund. I made the booking in January 2020, before TravelUp changed its terms & conditions. Amex wants to see a copy of the original T&Cs, but I don't have it. I note you said that you have a date-stamped copy of the original TravelUp T&Cs. I would appreciate if somebody could send me a copy. Please contact me by PM.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum digger2020.

Is that not provided for in posts 61 and 71 above?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:15 am

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum digger2020.

Is that not provided for in posts 61 and 71 above?
Thanks, corporate-wage-slave. The info is in the posts you highlighted. What I was hoping to get was a date-stamped copy of the terms & conditions for Amex.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by digger2020
Thanks, corporate-wage-slave. The info is in the posts you highlighted. What I was hoping to get was a date-stamped copy of the terms & conditions for Amex.
Amex in the UK are fairly pragmatic about these things, as a general point, and going by people's expriences here. I suspect a PDF print of those posts and a reference to this thread / URL will probably work quite well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.