FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   TravelUp (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1985796-travelup.html)

andymcdonnell Sep 3, 2019 2:26 pm

TravelUp

Does anyone have experience booking via Travel Up? I’ve seen BA Club Europe flights DUB-LHR-CDG, BIO-MAD-LHR-DUB for significantly less than BA.com is offering them.

Just wondering are they reputable etc?

jerry a. laska Sep 3, 2019 2:45 pm

Lots of mentions of TravelUp on the BA forum, just search for "travelup". Here are a couple of threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1973671-always-cheaper-business-class-fares-through-3rd-parties.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1888094-ba-booking-through-travelup-co-uk.html

bisonrav Sep 3, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm still struggling to get the refund for the flights on the 10th August to Madrid, despite BA having refunded the money back to them on the 22nd. They're ignoring emails now. Honestly, I wouldn't go near them again.

IntVic Sep 3, 2019 3:08 pm

I have used them in the past for circa 10 bookings. Now I use them to get quotes for BA's Best Price Guarantee.
They are a 3rd party and all the hassles that go with that are to be considered. Do read their T&C's.
While I had no problems with them, the issue is when things don't go as expected and you have to deal with them as the first port of call.

Infocustv Sep 3, 2019 5:48 pm

Why not use the BA best price guarantee? Book the BA fights and as long as they're the same itinerary and you have a screen shot with date and time of the travel pricing. If its a difference of under £200 then BA will pay you double the difference!
Used it a few times now. Never had an issue with BA responding within a few days and providing a voucher for the difference which I have used towards other flights.

andymcdonnell Sep 3, 2019 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Infocustv (Post 31487550)
Why not use the BA best price guarantee? Book the BA fights and as long as they're the same itinerary and you have a screen shot with date and time of the travel pricing. If its a difference of under £200 then BA will pay you double the difference!
Used it a few times now. Never had an issue with BA responding within a few days and providing a voucher for the difference which I have used towards other flights.

Because one of the flights is IB operated under BA code

VFRonTop Sep 4, 2019 12:39 am

I've used them before and they are fine, as long as the trip is uneventful. As other have mentioned they are hit-and-miss if things go wrong.

bisonrav Sep 4, 2019 12:41 am

And the start point must be in the UK and these are ex DUB

If no problems with the flights the tickets will be standard BA. No 24 hour cool off though. If things go awry expect problems,

Raffles Sep 4, 2019 2:35 am

They are fine, one of BA's senior sales people, who I know, recently moved there in a top role.

bisonrav Sep 4, 2019 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 31488567)
They are fine, one of BA's senior sales people, who I know, recently moved there in a top role.

Oh that's great then. As long as there's someone there you know, they must be completely pukka. Maybe you could ask him to sort out my refund, because none of the other fokkers working there are.

For the rest of us, there are strong indications that this is not a company you can rely on if things go wrong.

DYKWIA Sep 4, 2019 5:10 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 31488758)
For the rest of us, there are strong indications that this is not a company you can rely on if things go wrong.

Based on your single bad experience?

They have an 8.8 / 10.0 rating on TrustPilot based on 62k reviews.

strayersong Sep 4, 2019 5:31 am

They also offer a £10 voucher every time you book, making it quite attractive together with the cashbacks.
Problem with BA's BRG is that BA's price is almost always higher than third parties, so the value of the voucher is not really doubled - and AFAIK if the voucher is used you cannot make a BRG claim on the booking.
Like others said, expect hassle when your flights don't go right. However from my own experience that is the case with most travel agent bookings.

bisonrav Sep 4, 2019 5:54 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31488821)
Based on your single bad experience?

They have an 8.8 / 10.0 rating on TrustPilot based on 62k reviews.

Based on my experience here, based on what others have told me about similar problems, and in fact people posting the same sort of things on this thread.

I would rate them highly if I were buying tickets and there were never any problems with the flights, purchase process was quick and easy, and no ticketing problems. My specific issue is really not difficult, the BA refund has been made, is fully traceable, and should just be paid out without fuss. I'm into the third week of chasing this with them now. This is not acceptable customer service - in fact all I've asked for so far is a timetable, and many of the requests are going ignored.

Ok for a £90 ET ticket it's not the end of the world. If I'd paid a couple of grand for CW I might be a little more worried at this point. As a customer prepared to give them a try for the low fares who isn't particularly risk averse, I wouldn't book with them again, and that's valid information to post for this query.

Whyone Sep 4, 2019 6:09 am

Originally Posted by VFRonTop (Post 31488381)
I've used them before and they are fine, as long as the trip is uneventful. As other have mentioned they are hit-and-miss if things go wrong.

This.
Under 'uneventful' I would include not messing up entering your booking details in any way whatsoever.

Travelup Sep 4, 2019 9:20 am

Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to hear that you have not received your refund. Please can you call me on my direct number 0118 334 7638 between the hours of 08.30-17.00 and provide me your booking details. I will then investigate the issue and then resolve this for you.

Many thanks
Gary