FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   TravelUp (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1985796-travelup.html)

Paren Mar 23, 2020 11:24 am

Yep. I spent circa 10 hours in total on hold previously and could never get through to anyone. It seems they are only working on an email basis now.

Travel insurance, BA and my credit card provider keep saying TravelUp needs to change my flights, but I'm not sure how this is possible when you can't get hold of them.

DYKWIA Mar 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32222632)
What a joke TRAVELUP is. They closed their callcentres and only way to reach them is by email - yeah super convenient when departure is within 48 hours and flights are disappearing...

COVID-19 does not discriminate. The call centres are manned by humans, not robots.

plunet Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm

I seem to remember there a travelup rep on FT?
Travelup maybe?

UKtravelbear Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 32223135)
I seem to remember there a travelup rep on FT?
Travelup maybe?

I clicked on the profile.

Last post - 4th Septemner 2019 (in this thread!)

Last activity - 1st October 2019 (not specified what that was)

Total posts - 2

I woudn't rely on them responding to any message via flyer talk

If their call cenre is in India then it has been shut down. Just like the BA one. On the orders of the Indian Government.

NWIFlyer Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Whilst I appreciate it’s pretty much brinkmanship, at T-24 at least BA can take control of the booking for you. The reality is they probably don’t want you turning up at the airport for a flight that’s either not operating or that you want to move the date on, so they may well be prepared to help you if there’s no other practical option.

Alternatively there is a direct UK number in the post above, which might get you somewhere.

Whyone Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

I am in the same camp as the recent posters - BA flights (Operated by Qatar) booked through TravelUp.

I've been watching the slights on the Qatar website and they are being consistently cancelled 7 days ahead....o expect to see our 1st April flights cancelled this Thursday at which point I will make every effort to contact TUp - if I fail 24 hrs out, can I then contact BA and reasonably expect them.to refund the ticket cost?

Thanks for your help.

Paren Mar 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Whyone (Post 32223263)
I am in the same camp as the recent posters - BA flights (Operated by Qatar) booked through TravelUp.

I've been watching the slights on the Qatar website and they are being consistently cancelled 7 days ahead....o expect to see our 1st April flights cancelled this Thursday at which point I will make every effort to contact TUp - if I fail 24 hrs out, can I then contact BA and reasonably expect them.to refund the ticket cost?

Thanks for your help.

I'm also in the same boat - meant to be flying on 1st April with BA flights operated by Qatar.

Apparently TravelUp are saying they will get back to you if you are due to fly within a week but I'm not sure if anyone has received any communication from them looking at the various 1 star reviews on Feefo/Trustpilot etc.

nufnuf77 Mar 23, 2020 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32223119)
COVID-19 does not discriminate. The call centres are manned by humans, not robots.

Agree, but even my own callcentre has managed to enact work from home within 24 hours...

sds1493 Mar 23, 2020 2:39 pm

I also have an itin booked with travelup. BA have cancelled the flights, however I want to change the dates. If travelup won't reply in time then will BA be able to assist 24 hours prior?

Paren Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Just to update, I had a response via email yesterday outlining the options that QR are providing.

I replied saying the ticket was with BA and the flights operated by QR, so wanted them to confirm if I can rebook with QR directly as their email suggested. They replied saying they made a mistake and since the booking is with BA, I can rebook to a date within the next 12 months.

I've asked them to proceed and issue a voucher (or whatever it is I'll receive) of the amount I paid originally so that I can put it towards another booking in the future. Currently waiting for them to issue this.

Whyone Mar 25, 2020 1:19 pm

Paren - we are probably booked on the same flights.

Qatar are cancelling these flights 5 days ahead...consistently.

My expectation is that 1st April flights will be cancelled this Friday. At that point, we should be able to get a cash refund....I'd suggest sitting tight for ~36 hours - nothing to loose if I'm wrong.

Lussac Mar 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Sorry to resurrect this but any idea how long they take to come back with a response. I've been trying to contact them, without success, for over three weeks now ever since my SQ flights were cancelled by SQ. We were due to fly out on Tuesday (31st) but now those flights have been cancelled too. The first two times the flights were cancelled I managed to re-arrange through SQ AKL reservations/ AKL Station Manager but that number is now disconnected, the airport is now only accessible if you have a valid booking for that day and any other SQ number I try just disconnects or is out of service. I only went direct to SQ after I couldn't elicit any response of any kind from TravelUp but now that option is now closed too.
PS I have also used the TravelUp enquiry form to try and reschedule as well as emailing admin, the 'phones are not answered.

sammyg901 Mar 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Have you tried just calling SQ in Singapore ? I managed to get my TA flights rearranged directly via them, you may need to be a little forceful in getting someone on the phone who can assist - +65 6223 8888 - use Skype

However your location is listed as France, are you aware that you cannot transit Singapore currently? In which case you need to make alternative arrangements yourself (most likely via Qatar or making your way to Los Angeles / San Francisco and then a separate ticket from there) - SQ will not assist

Otherwise if all else fails and you are just trying to reach Singapore (if you are a pass holder you need approval in advance) / are a Singaporean Citizen / PR so can enter or transit, just go to the airport tomorrow for the flight (4.10pm), I am sure if you insist you will be able to reach a staffer. It appears to be the last one out

frb98mf Mar 28, 2020 6:36 am

They're bad enough when there is no crisis. I've just issued a small claim against them for a refund they have failed to issue despite 10 months of repeated requests through multiple media. Not only that but cut a long story short, the refund was as a result of their misinterpretation of the fare rules, leading to repeatedly misquoted change costs, and ultimately a material loss and downgrade for me when I had to cancel and rebook.

Lussac Mar 28, 2020 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg901 (Post 32240241)
Have you tried just calling SQ in Singapore ? I managed to get my TA flights rearranged directly via them, you may need to be a little forceful in getting someone on the phone who can assist - +65 6223 8888 - use Skype

However your location is listed as France, are you aware that you cannot transit Singapore currently? In which case you need to make alternative arrangements yourself (most likely via Qatar or making your way to Los Angeles / San Francisco and then a separate ticket from there) - SQ will not assist

Otherwise if all else fails and you are just trying to reach Singapore (if you are a pass holder you need approval in advance) / are a Singaporean Citizen / PR so can enter or transit, just go to the airport tomorrow for the flight (4.10pm), I am sure if you insist you will be able to reach a staffer. It appears to be the last one out

We are actually UK citizens and sold our place in France just before we came out to NZ for a loooong holiday in November (bit longer than anticipated though!) so transiting Singapore is a non-starter. I did hear from a friend in UK last week that friends of hers were in Christchurch and were planning on getting on that Sunday flight, it is the last for a while, but they are unaware of the transit restrictions in Singapore so I guess they will be denied boarding when they get to AKL today. Thanks for the contact number will give that a whirl tomorrow. According to the SQ website flights are open for booking again from the 1st May but I guess that could change at short notice.