Wiki Posts
Search

TravelUp

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by Travelup
Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to hear that you have not received your refund. Please can you call me on my direct number 0118 334 7638 between the hours of 08.30-17.00 and provide me your booking details. I will then investigate the issue and then resolve this for you.

Many thanks
Gary
Thanks Gary - the enquiry is with your twitter team and also your email team. Relates to BA464/5 on the 10th August. Discuss with them please and tell me when you've issued my refund.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:02 am

PS, Gary I've asked your twitter team to give you a call and explain why it's taken them several hours to contact the accounts team as promised earlier today. Maybe they could just wander over?
86BA7 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Travelup
Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to hear that you have not received your refund. Please can you call me on my direct number 0118 334 7638 between the hours of 08.30-17.00 and provide me your booking details. I will then investigate the issue and then resolve this for you.

Many thanks
Gary
Gary, you might want to think about getting someone to act on the advice in this post: Always cheaper Business Class Fares through 3rd Parties?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Deleted
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I'm still struggling to get the refund for the flights on the 10th August to Madrid, despite BA having refunded the money back to them on the 22nd. They're ignoring emails now. Honestly, I wouldn't go near them again.
Hopefully this will get sorted now, but should you find yourself in a similar situation in future, file a card chargeback through your bank.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I have used Travel Up twice for business class tickets to New Zealand and Australia. Both times they got me a price that I couldn't get elsewhere, and in the latter case 2 x £2500 I class fares on Qantas on the direct LHR - PER flights that were proving very hard to find otherwise.

I'd recommend - I had a flight time change that took a bit longer and a few more contact attempts than if I'd booked direct, but I couldn't get the fare I wanted booking direct anyway!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:56 pm

Just as an update on the specific problem playing out in real time before you, I had a voicemail from Gary explaining that BA had confirmed the refund, but that Travelup couldn't find it in whatever account they use. But they are continuing to search and will update.

Many people would consider it reasonably now the refund is confirmed from BA to pay it and look for it at leisure, and I would be one of those people. But hey ho. It shouldn't need a thread here to instigate action and feedback either.

I want to be fair to TravelUp - if it works the prices are great and where there is no disruption they're OK. But the CS is at the very best disorganised, and at the worst unresponsive as others have noted as well as me.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav

Many people would consider it reasonably now the refund is confirmed from BA to pay it and look for it at leisure, and I would be one of those people. But hey ho. It shouldn't need a thread here to instigate action and feedback either.
”many people” wouldn’t be long in business if they took everything they were told at face value from a supplier and paid it out without checking.

We see enough complaints on here about BA’s tardy refunds for direct bookings. I’m not sure I’d trust their word to be honest.
1Aturnleft and gilfiom like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:52 am

Just wanted to follow up with what has happened.

Travelup have been extremely good since Gary involved himself. He's assured me that the payment from BA which they claim to have sent cannot be found, and I'm happy with his explanation (no reason not to be truthful). However they are refunding in any case as a goodwill gesture and I will be doing what I can to put pressure on BA to clarify details around the payment.

So to be perfectly honest, having had a difficult transaction with Travelup, I'd say they have been pretty good. The direct CS route wasn't fantastic, and could certainly be improved, but all's well that ends well. Travelup do have more restrictive change and cancellation T&Cs in comparison to BA, but that's made clear on the site, and I certainly wouldn't mind using them again. One particular benefit is being able to book within BAs auto MCT restrictions at an excellent price (the reason for choosing them for the trip I was doing).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:00 pm
lsi

Booked a short flight within Europe through them on KLM a few years back, discovered I had put a typo in my name when booking. Got onto KLM who said that this is normally something they would fix immediately and free of charge, but since I had booked through a travel agency I had to speak to them. TravelUp tried to charge me £115 to alter a single letter in my name.

I'm sure it's all there in the terms and conditions, but this is still scammy behavior in my view. I've avoided them like the plague ever since. Will happily pay extra to book direct with the airline, the potential savings would have to be huge for me to consider going through a company like them again.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I've used them to book mine and my dad's trip to Malaysia. A lot cheaper than booking with QR direct. And they let us put in our FF details
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:01 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Pay with a credit card so that you have protection and you can let them do a charge back if they start refusing you the service you paid for/refund
lsi likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:32 am
ECR

I have return flights booked through travelup, the first of which is tomorrow. Unfortunately due to a last minute change of plan I can't travel tomorrow. I could still use the return, but not too bothered one way or the other as I can rebook with avios.

Manage my booking on the BA app will let me cancel for a refund of tax and charges of about £40, but it says it will be refunded to travelup. Looking at travelup terms and conditions they seem to charge £75 for processing a refund of tax and charges so there doesn't seem any point in pressing the cancel button.

If I wait until after the first flight has flown does anyone know if I can claim any sort of refund of taxes and charges directly from BA to be paid back to me, even in the form of a BA voucher for future use, or would anything still only go to travelup.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by ECR
I have return flights booked through travelup, the first of which is tomorrow. Unfortunately due to a last minute change of plan I can't travel tomorrow. I could still use the return, but not too bothered one way or the other as I can rebook with avios.

Manage my booking on the BA app will let me cancel for a refund of tax and charges of about £40, but it says it will be refunded to travelup. Looking at travelup terms and conditions they seem to charge £75 for processing a refund of tax and charges so there doesn't seem any point in pressing the cancel button.

If I wait until after the first flight has flown does anyone know if I can claim any sort of refund of taxes and charges directly from BA to be paid back to me, even in the form of a BA voucher for future use, or would anything still only go to travelup.
My understanding is that if you don't fly the first leg the rest of the itinerary is cancelled and nothing will be refunded.
It might be best to cancel and get something back, or see how much to change flight.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
What a joke TRAVELUP is. They closed their callcentres and only way to reach them is by email - yeah super convenient when departure is within 48 hours and flights are disappearing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.