Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JadeG13
But it does state FULL REFUND.
Section 7
"we will refund to you any monies repaid by the carrier to us on your behalf"

Section 17
"a full refund which we receive back form (their typo not mine!!) supplier/airline"

They always talk about the refund they get from the airline which would be that £900 in my example above. They never talk about a full refund of the money you paid to the TA.
Old May 8, 2020, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by yellow_peril
Section 7
"we will refund to you any monies repaid by the carrier to us on your behalf"

Section 17
"a full refund which we receive back form (their typo not mine!!) supplier/airline"

They always talk about the refund they get from the airline which would be that £900 in my example above. They never talk about a full refund of the money you paid to the TA.
I agree their wording is poor, however T&Cs aside, as a customer who has had a flight cancelled by the airline the law states we should receive a FULL REFUND. It is completely wrong that we should be out of pocket to any degree in this situation. I’m prepared to fight them to the bitter end on this!!
yellow_peril and Still like this.
Old May 8, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by JadeG13
I agree their wording is poor, however T&Cs aside, as a customer who has had a flight cancelled by the airline the law states we should receive a FULL REFUND. It is completely wrong that we should be out of pocket to any degree in this situation. I’m prepared to fight them to the bitter end on this!!
AmEx agent I spoke to a couple of days back said that too. I’d be okay with TravelUp charging a £25 booking fee for their trouble, but £75 plus a credit card fee is a daylight robbery.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
One thing this Thread has taught me ... never use an OTA again!

Have used Netflights and someone else in the past, albeit with no difficulties I can recall. But not any more.
Old May 8, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wmaciej
plus a credit card fee
Aren't credit card fees for consumers unlawful anyway?
Old May 8, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by alex_b
yup, that's my understanding. Either way, chargeback is on its way. In the breakdown travelup sent me there was a position named "Internal card charges", which along with the rip off admin fee is not refundable. Let's see if AmEx agrees.
Old May 9, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by alex_b
I think it's more the cost of processing the card transactions which they are deducting from the refund.
Old May 14, 2020, 9:29 am

On the Facebook group about TravelUp there are confirmed reports of people's chargebacks being disputed with fraudulent evidence.

- TravelUp claiming to have offered vouchers / refunds and having them been accepted when they haven't contacted the person
- TravelUp presenting false invoices (that sometimes don't even have the correct name or amount stated)
- TravelUp showing the new amended Ts&Cs for bookings made under the old ones
T8191 likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by sc82491
On the Facebook group about TravelUp there are confirmed reports of people's chargebacks being disputed with fraudulent evidence.

- TravelUp claiming to have offered vouchers / refunds and having them been accepted when they haven't contacted the person
- TravelUp presenting false invoices (that sometimes don't even have the correct name or amount stated)
- TravelUp showing the new amended Ts&Cs for bookings made under the old ones
And what next steps are available to you after that point?
Old May 14, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
And what next steps are available to you after that point?
I imagine that you need to escalate chargeback to a Section 75 claim (if in the UK), or reopen the dispute with your bank and show further evidence proving TravelUp wrong (which if they are lying like people say they are should hopefully not be that difficult).

OTA business will take a big hit after this pandemic. This isn't the way to retain customers and hopefully more publicity is given to businesses not acting in accordance with the law during the pandemic.
AdamUK and T8191 like this.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Pretty much no one will have saved the terms and conditions, which seems exactly what TravelUp is relying on here. Reprehensible behaviour here from them by the sounds of it.

Hopefully it's all being reported to the authorities as well.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 12:03 pm

https://www.coronavirus-business-com...ervice.gov.uk/

This is the report a business to the consumer market authority form of the UK government.
​​​​​​
Anyone at the receiving end of dodgy behaviour from travel up, please fill out the form above and pass it on to others. It is really short and quick to fill out.
Old May 14, 2020, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A quick look via Google suggests some dissatisfaction with TravelUp across several fora. I wonder how long they will survive?
Old May 14, 2020, 2:06 pm

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-credit-act this is also something I hadn't realised , you may not have s75 protection if you use an agency/third party. This is an issue I am facing on a flybe ticket currently with another OTA, they are saying they provided their service and the fact the actual service wasn't delivered isn't their problem. Luckily I have insurance to fall back on if HSBC doesn't reimburse.

I rarely used OTA unless it was a) offering a substantial saving and b) a simple ticket that I wasn't planning to change. But I have decided to only book direct going forward and to use an American Express to pay where possible as their service has been excellent throughout this turbulent time
Old May 14, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by T8191
A quick look via Google suggests some dissatisfaction with TravelUp across several fora. I wonder how long they will survive?
Hopefully not very long, Obviously I feel for their employees but it strikes me that the company is rotten to the core and deserves to go bust.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.