Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelUp

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Although my trip wasn't BA I received all cancellation notices direct from the ticketing airline, after I'd spoken directly with the airline they said that they had also notified TravelUp at the same time but I received nothing at all from TravelUp during the whole period up until last weekend even though my trip should have completed on 31st March.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:27 am

Ok, thanks. Still nothing from BA but as soon as that comes, I know it's officially cancelled so I will contact TravelUp at that point.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Paren
I just got this on an email from Amex:

I also attached the T&Cs from March and a cover note explaining TravelUp may respond with copies of their T&Cs but to take the March ones into consideration since that is what I signed up to (thanks again to joequimby for providing this).

So hopefully TravelUp won't respond as I already had the T&Cs part covered, but let's see.... For now Amex have credited the amount back to me and closed the dispute.
Update from me - since re-opening the Amex chargeback and providing them with copies of the original T&Cs (along with cover notes etc explaining what TU had done), I have since not heard anything back.

Amex refunded me in May, so hopefully TU have given up trying to dispute it further (they already disputed it initially around April by sending in their new T&Cs..)
Stez and vspeang like this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Paren
Update from me - since re-opening the Amex chargeback and providing them with copies of the original T&Cs (along with cover notes etc explaining what TU had done), I have since not heard anything back.

Amex refunded me in May, so hopefully TU have given up trying to dispute it further (they already disputed it initially around April by sending in their new T&Cs..)
Hi, is it possible for you to provide copies of the original T&C as well please? I am pretty much in the same boat. Fighting with travelup via amex and need all the supporting documents I can get for a total of 4 flights booking. Cost me almost £2k. Thank you very much.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I bought some BA/IB flights (mixed service open jaw) in Feb. In April I filled out the form for refund once I was told flights cancelled. Didn't hear anything back except the usual generic emails and "letters". On Sunday I managed to get through to the new Covid-19 form which automatically advised me my refund was processing and to expect it in 2-5 days. Refund to card less around £50 or so today. ~£4.5k biz tickets to Caribbean and back. Flights were on May 23rd.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:28 am

MMB for a BA booking showed cancelled so I phoned TravelUp. Took nearly two hours on hold but once I got to someone, he could also see the cancellation and proceeded with the refund request with BA. He said 6-8 weeks. £50 admin fee for both of us (£25 each) which I was happy to take to get this all sorted quickly.

We shall see when it comes!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
MMB for a BA booking showed cancelled so I phoned TravelUp. Took nearly two hours on hold but once I got to someone, he could also see the cancellation and proceeded with the refund request with BA. He said 6-8 weeks. £50 admin fee for both of us (£25 each) which I was happy to take to get this all sorted quickly.

We shall see when it comes!
Booking now gone from MMB altogether. Does this mean BA has already received the refund request from travelup I wonder? I never got a cancellation email about the booking from BA, but I did take screenshots of the MMB saying it was cancelled and I had to phone my travel agency to get it either changed or refunded.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Booking now gone from MMB altogether. Does this mean BA has already received the refund request from travelup I wonder? I never got a cancellation email about the booking from BA, but I did take screenshots of the MMB saying it was cancelled and I had to phone my travel agency to get it either changed or refunded.
If you booked through a travel agent you won’t get a cancellation email from BA. This is because the agent ‘owns’ your booking, and they are responsible for communicating with you. BA’s responsibility is only to tell their customer, i.e. the agent, about it. Agents don’t like airlines communicating directly with their customers, except for live operational issues (defined as within 48 hours of the flight), and sometimes don’t even pass contact details on for this very reason.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:49 am

Ah. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Can't be strictly true with all airlines though. SQ notified me and also notified the T/A at the same time so kept me informed of the cancellations even outside the 48 hour to flight period, in fact the 5 cancellations I suffered every one was outside the 48 period. Of course once the notices got to TravelUp nothing was done with them and we were left to our own devices to sort the problem, no good TravelUp asking in May what I want to do when the first cancellation occurred early March!
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lussac
Can't be strictly true with all airlines though. SQ notified me and also notified the T/A at the same time so kept me informed of the cancellations even outside the 48 hour to flight period, in fact the 5 cancellations I suffered every one was outside the 48 period.
Same with BA and bookings made through the corporate TA - I have definitely had emails/texts from BA in the past.,
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:41 am

If someone with a copy of the early march T's and C's could send me a copy I'd be very grateful.

Drop me a PM and I'll reply with my email address.

Thank you in anticipation.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:01 am

There is a facebook page which set up for dealing with travelup on facebook called TravelUp COVID Response. The T&C before and after amendment are also in there.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:08 am

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account.
Cris L likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm probably missing something, but why doesn't post 61 work? A lot of people have asked about the previous Ts and Cs so maybe I've misunderstood what is behind the question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.