Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I'm thinking, however, the likely surcharge increase may be closer to 750 usd ex-USA now, so makes it far less worth the hassle
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by TTmex
Great, thanks. There seems to be tons of availability, so my hunch is to book online and then try calling to UUA. If they can't do it, I'll just cancel and work out another way. Seems decent value to me to get a ticket in WTP for only 637 usd, then pay the avios and the YQ to get to club for c. 1000 usd. I know YQ can be quite steep out of USA, so will be interesting to see how much it comes out at.
I do not see why there would be any issue upgrading this fare once it is booked, but yes, be warned the YQ differential may be absurd! A quick check on ITA shows that YQ for LAX-LHR-LAX in WT+ is $450 but the same route in CW is faced with a YQ of $1,200...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I'm thinking, however, the likely surcharge increase may be closer to 750 usd ex-USA now, so makes it far less worth the hassle
You beat me to it!
TTmex likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:06 am

Just one another data point on this. When I get through to the booking screen, it summarises the flight info and states NO CHECKED BAGGED for all four sectors, despite it being Economy Plus for the SH and Premium Economy for the LH.

Very odd. Guessing just a glitch. I'd love to be able to price these things up myself, but the UUA function on the website won't work for s&&&
Let’s hope that is a glitch and that they didn’t sneak that past us without telling us! Although with EK having unbundled fares in J it is worrying...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Settled on an ex-mex fare and found UUA availability both ways so called and locked it in as soon as I'd booked online. Yq difference was only 40 quid, too. Once the yq difference was factored in for lax, would have been a pointless activity upgrading. Would have also had to get up to lax.

ticket plus avios came in at 2k usd cheaper than published J fares.
Appreciate the help yesterday
ubiest and wilsnunn like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:29 am

205tp needed

Hi all!
so based in london and year ends 8th oct I need another 205tp I've looked hi & low but cannot find anything decent the best I've found so far is LHR-TLL via HEL for £607, and with a 45 min connection time and just over the £3 ratio it's not worth it, as it will only get me 200tp, ideally I would like to get the full amount in 1 trip
also prefer to do it over a weekend
positioning is not a problem for me either (as long as it makes sense money and time wise)
any advice please?
TIA
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Palty
Hi all!
so based in london and year ends 8th oct I need another 205tp I've looked hi & low but cannot find anything decent the best I've found so far is LHR-TLL via HEL for £607, and with a 45 min connection time and just over the £3 ratio it's not worth it, as it will only get me 200tp, ideally I would like to get the full amount in 1 trip
also prefer to do it over a weekend
positioning is not a problem for me either (as long as it makes sense money and time wise)
any advice please?
TIA
I am not at a computer at the moment, but I could suggest the following:

Ticket 1:
LGW-JER Saturday (or Friday evening)
JER-LGW Sunday evening
(with one leg in CE and one in ET)

Ticket 2:
JER-AMS Saturday
AMS-JER Sunday
(both legs in CE)

This will give you the TPs necessary (either 205 or 210) and should be less than £607 but as I say, I am not at a computer right now so cannot confirm.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I'm kinda waiting for a good to great USA fare in C in September... But they seem to not pop up? We saw some great ones for earlier... Am I missing something? You think it's worth waiting?
Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am not at a computer at the moment, but I could suggest the following:

Ticket 1:
LGW-JER Saturday (or Friday evening)
JER-LGW Sunday evening
(with one leg in CE and one in ET)

Ticket 2:
JER-AMS Saturday
AMS-JER Sunday
(both legs in CE)

This will give you the TPs necessary (either 205 or 210) and should be less than £607 but as I say, I am not at a computer right now so cannot confirm.
thanks for your help
I did have a quick look but those 2 tickets come in pricy.
I'll wait to see if the price drops.
though I had an idea this morning,
Tickets to AUH are reasonable at the moment I could do 1 way PE and the return leg in CW which should bag me 230TP and perhaps if I add in a hotel for a stay that might drop the price too.......???
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Palty
thanks for your help
I did have a quick look but those 2 tickets come in pricy.
I'll wait to see if the price drops.
though I had an idea this morning,
Tickets to AUH are reasonable at the moment I could do 1 way PE and the return leg in CW which should bag me 230TP and perhaps if I add in a hotel for a stay that might drop the price too.......???
I am now at a computer and have a better option for you, that trip to AUH will surely work but I am not sure it will be particularly good for the £/TP ratio. I have had a quick look and found an option that keeps you below £2/TP:

Ticket 1 (in ET netting either 5 or 10 TPs): £52 https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...;sp:2.GBP.5144
5-OCT: LHR-LUX BA416

Ticket 2: (in CE netting 200 TPs): £346 https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...44*2.GBP.34544
5-OCT: LUX-LHR-OTP BA417 & BA884
6-OCT: OTP-LHR BA885

Giving a total of either 205 or 210 TPs (depending on the ET booking class) and a £/TP ratio of £1.94/TP or £1.90/TP.

This involves doing a B2B in LUX which according to the Wiki on this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tinations.html is very doable. It will also involve a hotel at OTP.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am now at a computer and have a better option for you, that trip to AUH will surely work but I am not sure it will be particularly good for the £/TP ratio. I have had a quick look and found an option that keeps you below £2/TP:

Ticket 1 (in ET netting either 5 or 10 TPs): £52 https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...;sp:2.GBP.5144
5-OCT: LHR-LUX BA416

Ticket 2: (in CE netting 200 TPs): £346 https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...44*2.GBP.34544
5-OCT: LUX-LHR-OTP BA417 & BA884
6-OCT: OTP-LHR BA885

Giving a total of either 205 or 210 TPs (depending on the ET booking class) and a £/TP ratio of £1.94/TP or £1.90/TP.

This involves doing a B2B in LUX which according to the Wiki on this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tinations.html is very doable. It will also involve a hotel at OTP.
thanks so much for your response
I've actually went with the JER-LGW-AMS ticket
costing me in total £610 for 210TP (far from a good ratio but oh well)
thanks again
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
My wife and I need to get to Brisbane in May 2020 for a wedding. Ideally we want to stay in Australia for 3 weeks. We are based in London, but open to travelling from other starting points. I haven't been able to find any good BA or OW fares. The best I can find (non-OW) is flying from Stockholm to Brisbane with Singapore airlines via DME and SIN (all legs on A350). This comes out to about £2,100. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could improve this? I would ideally like to fly with a OW airlines... preferably BA or Qatar. Many thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
i'm looking for a good EX-EU, best would be ex Germany - deal to Hawaii for spring 2020. I dont care if Y or Y+ or C.
travel dates possible:
EITHER 4th - 20th april
OR 3rd - 19th April.
both includes a departure on the evening before if positioning is needed
2 pax
OW only if possible
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by tomdelay
My wife and I need to get to Brisbane in May 2020 for a wedding. Ideally we want to stay in Australia for 3 weeks. We are based in London, but open to travelling from other starting points. I haven't been able to find any good BA or OW fares. The best I can find (non-OW) is flying from Stockholm to Brisbane with Singapore airlines via DME and SIN (all legs on A350). This comes out to about £2,100. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could improve this? I would ideally like to fly with a OW airlines... preferably BA or Qatar. Many thanks!
I don't know if it matches your dates requirements, however it seems that you can do Stockholm to Brisbane on BA and CX on one particular date combination for £2,100 (price it up using Expedia): https://www.google.com/flights#flt=A...8*2.GBP.211308

Otherwise the closest that I could find was again on BA and CX from Oslo which had wider availability but for £2,340 (again using Expedia): https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...6*2.GBP.234036

Sorry I couldn't find anything better than these.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by tomdelay
GOT-BNE on CX is about 2.1k

If you want to maximise TPs you can.

Basic route = GOT-LHR-HKG-BNE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.