Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by manymany
I don't bother taking them now as they are just clutter around the house. I use eye-shade, ear plugs and toothbrush and leave the rest and bag in the drawer.

A woman has a stall on a small soi I walk down to my local BTS station in Bangkok and she sells a small selection of amenity kits. Had BA ones there the other day but mostly Finnair for some reason. I saw she had some Etihad ones still in a clear wrapper so I assume all the ones she sells are new!
Interesting.. where is this? Maybe the next time I'm in BKK, I will drop by her stall and sell some of mine to her
I guess there must be people buying them or else she would not have been doing it for (I assume) so long?

Cheers!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I use the bags for Cables, chargers, US & UK adapters, kids camping toiletries...
The QR F Brick bags are perfect to hold medications, shaver kit, creams etc.
The BA F Liberty bag is perfect for the pool on vacation, to hold phone, earbuds, room keys, etc.
I sincerely miss the blue CW washbag, they were very useful for shoes and slippers. The new one is too little to be really useful...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Also, if anyone has any liberty ones they dont want, i would happily take them off your hands. I dont have any of those
Have a look on Ebay. You may find someone there not trying to make a killing on one.

The drawstring bags were the most useful afterward although I did leave a few in the overhead bins that I now wish I had back.
mike&co and aircrashsurvivor like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Interesting.. where is this? Maybe the next time I'm in BKK, I will drop by her stall and sell some of mine to her
I guess there must be people buying them or else she would not have been doing it for (I assume) so long?

Cheers!
Sukhumvit Soi 77/1. But I would doubt she would buy from you as most likely gets her stock from a friend/family member working at the airport for free! My guess is most people walking the soi would have no idea actually what they are.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I love my amenity kits, I usually use everything and having 2 sisters is an easy way of getting rid of some of the spares.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
The bags become containers for sets of currency, keys, SIMs, loyalty cards etc for each country I visit regularly, so I can just grab and go. The contents go into a basket in the bathrooms of my Airbnb listing, for guests to help themselves, which they really like.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
The only Amenity kit I use is the Bric's from QR they are great for charging cables and adaptors. The BA AA ones opened and unopened are stored in the wardrobe waiting to be repurposed.
John
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My girlfriend donates them to a local domestic violence shelter.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I give them to pals. I explain it's not much but they seem to like them.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:30 pm

LOL! I have to ask what is it that you do to fly so much?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
my husband and i bring any of our new/unused amenity kits (AA BA CX JL) to Larkin Street Youth Services. this is a shelter for runaway/homeless youths in San Francisco. we consider it a very worthwhile charity and they find that the young people need and want the grooming items.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:30 am

I hardly ever get to Fly CW so an Amenity kit is a real treat for me and something I’m quite excited about so I’ll be using mine and keeping it all for myself!! :-)
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lefly
I sincerely miss the blue CW washbag, they were very useful for shoes and slippers. The new one is too little to be really useful...
Ditto. I have a small stash of the old bags which we use frequently when travelling.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Lefly
You mean those cloth drawstring bags? I remember they were much maligned at the time but indeed turned out to be rather useful.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
You mean those cloth drawstring bags? I remember they were much maligned at the time but indeed turned out to be rather useful.
Oh yes, power & sync cables, shoes are just a few things I regularly tuck down. For any journey >3days, there are 3-4 of them in my main bag.
LTN Phobia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.