Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
We gave our 2 F bags in Dec to homeless folk in San Francisco...we added a few more useful items as well.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Cables and make up, since you ask. It costs a lot to look as fabulous as me.

No, unlike CIHY I do not have to put support under the chins that I do not have
Wouldn't a facelift be better than using cables
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Have you seen her face, it needs scaffolding and cables?
florin and AAtticus like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Donate them to a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit for Parents who unfortunately find themselves there in a rush
golfmad and Richmond_Surrey like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, United Premier 1K, HSBC Premier, AVIS President's Club, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I've got a couple of boxes full of the things, a lot of them unopened, that I've been wondering what to do with. Hadn't thought of donating them but it's a good idea.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I use them at work for similar circumstances, your local A&E will always be grateful of these and any old clothes (sometimes we have to cut clothes off in emergencies and having something they can go home in makes things a lot nicer for the patients.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:50 am

the RIMOWA ones (EVA) go for a decent amount on EBAY
the Cathay ones do not unless its the first class AESOP ones
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
When we moved to Canada last year (from UK), we had a large moving box of PA pajamas and First Class amenity kits (which my wife wanted to toss). I usually put them out for our guests (sizes ranging from S to L), along with the First amenity kits. The CW ones I donate to a homeless shelter I volunteer at. More than 100 kits donated thus far... thankfully, I do far less flying now, so the rate of accumulation is slowing down :-)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:01 am

They are acceptable for lots of destinations on Pack For A Purpose.

https://www.packforapurpose.org/about-us/

It's a great way of adding a few bits and pieces for those that really could do with utilising those enormous baggage allowances.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Most of mine go to Special need groups (my daughter belongs to several)
anything else , space permitting I take to India, where they are valued like gold
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I also grab a spare comb, razor and toothbrush when going through a lounge and used to give them along with hotel toiletries to the local,street wardens Christmas appeal thst would be used for homeless people.

Having however been a guest of the NHS unexpectedly recently this year I will donate them to my local hospital trust for people that need to stay short notice.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You spend a lot of money to look that cheap, you sound like Dolly Parton?
Ah! A voice from the grave! To think that you came round to my house to ask to take me out on a date. My Mother sent you packing and you never recovered from it, She told you that you were far far too old for me - Lord, I was still in the Pram! Now you can insult me as much as you like. I looked cheap only when you were my CSD as the whole airline knew that if you were the boss, you only liked the alley cat look (you called me your Tom if you remember - personally I thought that you were more like Jerry without the benefit of the brains) , so we all complied.The tart with the cart you had the effrontery to call me. I could sell ice-cream to Eskimos as I toddled back with an empty Duty Free trolley.

@Aatticus - just because CIHY has fallen in a pit, you do not have to jump down one also. I'll give you the benefit of doubt as my hairbrush would doubtless smash on your skull
sl1ppy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You have always had a way with words and your hands if I remember correctly, where as you mouth has always let you down?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
from the previous discussions on this topic the most popular options are

2. Donate to charity shops. I've given a few directly to any homeless people I may see on the way to the charity shop.
This. Regularly give them to the homeless folk around here.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another thread on this topic--->Do you donate hygiene / amenity kits to charity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.