Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

I’ve been having a clear out and found several BA First Class and Club World amenity kits (seals still intact) and wondered what to do with them. After I received my first one a few years ago the novelty wore off and I don’t open them any more. I know that they occasionally appear on eBay, so I decided I would put them to good use and I’ve listed them to generate some funds for Cancer Research.

Many of you are traveling regularly in premium cabins, so my question is : What do you do with them ?

( I’ll update the thread with the total raised)
tbm13, RoyalSwazi, deco105 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
from the previous discussions on this topic the most popular options are

1. Use the bag to store phone and other cables and accessories in. (I use a DL tumi case for this personally)

2. Donate to charity shops. I've given a few directly to any homeless people I may see on the way to the charity shop.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Give them away, sometimes leave them in the hotel room for the housekeeping staff with a note explaining that they are a gift.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mike&co
What do you do with them ?
Leave them on the plane, since they are mostly junk.
cjb666, cargueiro, hessbo and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
I collected up a carrier bag full of amenity bag toiletries, slippers, brushes and combs, and this month they are going to Uganda where they are very glad of them.
BA6501, tbm13, boss315 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm too selfish to donate ours to charity* and charity shops don't exist where I live anyway. The wife stashes them away somewhere. My award to the best bag yet goes to the Acca Kappa bag we got when flying Alitalia.

* We have given a home to several abandoned dogs so my conscience is clear.
Qatar Airways and boss315 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Cables and make up, since you ask. It costs a lot to look as fabulous as me.

No, unlike CIHY I do not have to put support under the chins that I do not have
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:45 am

Mike&Co, I'm glad you asked this question as I also wondered what people do. I actually preferred the old CW cloth bags as I used them as shoe bags to use in the suitcase. Unopened CW ones, I give to a local charity shop when I have a batch of ten. On holiday, F amenity kits, I sometimes give to local children as they ask for pens and it is a fun item. Ot I decant into a small basket to be placed in a drawer in guest rooms; in case a visitor to our home has forgotten a toothbrush, etc.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You spend a lot of money to look that cheap, you sound like Dolly Parton?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I suppose that some wag will come along and ask "What do you do with your old bags" - the answer, which I would never give, is that we recruit them for Mixed Fleet.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
In my various ex-BA bags -
+shoe cleaning kit (small, grey F from years ago)
+ old electric razor (same)
+ all purpose medical kit (Some designer person)
+guest room emergency supplies

+ 2 x Concorde document bags. Only used if I am being flash.
tynmar and george77300 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I am afraid to admit that apart from the few that I have emptied and then used for cable bags, etc I have kept them. I have a museum quality collection of BA J and F bags and PJ's going back over 20 years all sealed. A friend of mine wanted a set of the Anya Hindmarsh F bags so that got rid of four or five! I also have a few menus from 90's and reminds me how far BA catering has fallen. My wife wants me to rationalise (chuck) my collection as there are quite a few boxes in the loft gathering dust.

I often wondered if there is any mileage in posting my BA/QR/AA and others collection on ebay?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I just don't accept them in the first place. This then allows the crew to give one to someone in WT or WTP who may need it (e.g. after a spillage) or to someone who perhaps is flying CW for the first time and wants to give a second amenity kit to someone else.
bullroot, hsmall, tbm13 and 9 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Always give them to local schools who have large numbers of homeless families....they are so appreciative.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:14 am

My current tally of items sold on ebay: 49 amenity kits, 34 pajamas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.