Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I’ve got over 100 Liberty bags in my wardrobe as I can never bring myself to leave them on the plane. Whenever anyone is staying over I leave one on the bed for them. People seem to love them!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Take what I want (normally the deodorant sticks that are perfect for a weekend away) and leave the rest behind. I heard BA re-uses the kits left behind, I hope that's true?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I always bring them back too - among other things they are good for keeping wallet, phone and other small bits in when going to the swimmingpool or the beach.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

On outbound flights, I normally take it and leave it at the hotel for housekeeping (unopened and with a note). On inbound flights, I either decline them when they are being distributed or when already on the seat, I will try and give it back to the crew (although at times, it seems the crew have no interest to take it back or seems like a burden to them to collect it back). For me I normally bring it with me when it's new or when flying on an airline that I don't normally fly on or if the design/content is interesting, other than that I normally try and decline/return.
Over the years, my wardrobe is full of them (and PJ's) even after giving them away to friends and family....so I am starting to avoid taking it with me as much as possible.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:38 am

I tend to only fly J on the odd occasion, however I still use an old QF First bag as my travel kit. It has heaps of compartments and dates back to the 90s. Given by an old friend when I was much younger.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:39 am

Nieces and goddaughters who love them and think them incredibly cool!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All unused wash bags are collected and recycled.
Brighterside likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Only the original fabric Anya BAgs with the monochrome pictures on them have passed the test of time and are still used as cable/adapter bags and holding shoe cleaning kits after 10-15 years. The later versions I leave on the plane I’m afraid but will always take the BA F pen and the hairbrush/comb thingy as they are useful.

I totally get the sentimental value of Airline Amenity Kits and Hotel Toiletries as souvenirs of trips but not to the point where there are boxes of them and of all the suggestions above donation to allow others to raise money for good causes sounds like the best idea.

It would be nice if BA would allow you to refuse one at the seat and make a donation of its value to Flying Start on your behalf.

The CW kits are garbage but one of the original Body Shop fabric ones with the ribbon on it is still in service as a makeup bag with Mrs R. Was from the era before flat beds....

Last edited by Robespierre; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:35 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:10 am

The BA CW amenity kits are fit only for the bin, the quality of them is terrible.

I quite like to use some of the other airlines amenity kits as bags/holders when I am travelling. The QR ones are bad.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Leaving them as gifts for hotel staff sounds a bit patronising to me.
mario, SKT-DK, rossmacd and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by mike&co
I’ve been having a clear out and found several BA First Class and Club World amenity kits (seals still intact) and wondered what to do with them. After I received my first one a few years ago the novelty wore off and I don’t open them any more. I know that they occasionally appear on eBay, so I decided I would put them to good use and I’ve listed them to generate some funds for Cancer Research.

Many of you are traveling regularly in premium cabins, so my question is : What do you do with them ?

( I’ll update the thread with the total raised)

A very kind Flyertalk poster sent me a bunch which were all used for various things. I love amenity kits and from time to time buy them off ebay. I even got excited when i was upgraded to WTP the only time and i got the cute WTP one. Its a shame we dont even get toothbrushes even anymore in WT because i always used to use them and carrying one now is an additional "thing" i have to bring.

Also, i have a weird question which is probably dumb but i have always wondered this and i would probably lose out anyway as i am usually right at the back and one of the last to depart the plane. Does anyone just leave them on their chair for people at the back to take? Does that ever happen? i always keep my eye out because i hope haha

Last edited by MiraculousM; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:26 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just unused? What if they were opened?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Leaving them as gifts for hotel staff sounds a bit patronising to me.
Couldn't agree more.
It states: "here you go poor person, I know you can't afford my lifestyle but here's a taste of it."
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Can I help you
recycled as in ?

unopened - just added to a pile and used when the stocks put together for a flight

opened - individual unopened items sent to the supplier to be added to a new kit or given to charity?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've kept my first business class kit and first first kit as a nice little keepsake. I agree with the others though. They are mostly useless to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.