Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:18 am

…….
…….

Last edited by Waterhorse; Apr 10, 2023 at 3:19 am Reason: Not relevant
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Apologies if covered previously - I have bought a set of bluetooth Bose noise cancelling headphones. Provided with the 'phones was a cable to connect to the plane's IFE, however, the cable provided has only one pin. BA CW cabins have a two-pin adaptor and when I tried using the Bose cable on a recent flight they didn't work. Can any one recommend an adaptor that will be compatible with the headphones and BA IFE sockets? Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by higham44
Apologies if covered previously - I have bought a set of bluetooth Bose noise cancelling headphones. Provided with the 'phones was a cable to connect to the plane's IFE, however, the cable provided has only one pin. BA CW cabins have a two-pin adaptor and when I tried using the Bose cable on a recent flight they didn't work. Can any one recommend an adaptor that will be compatible with the headphones and BA IFE sockets? Thanks
You don’t need an adaptor, one of the pins is just for the noise cancelling function on the BA supplied headphones and the other is a standard 3.5mm stereo jack.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It may help to have a photo of the pins concerned. But if it's a standard 3.5mm TRS jack with 3 connectors (so 2 small black bands around the pin to separate them) it simply goes into the larger and lower of the two plug sockets.

Old Apr 10, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
The Bose adapter has two pins one of which folds away. Fold it away and stick the other in the lower hole on the aircraft as displayed in the photo in the post above
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
The Bose adapter has two pins one of which folds away. Fold it away and stick the other in the lower hole on the aircraft as displayed in the photo in the post above
The cable I received with the 'phones just has one connector at each end - perhaps it is not intended as an IFE connection. However, iIm not sure what its purpose is.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
The cable I received with the 'phones just has one connector at each end - perhaps it is not intended as an IFE connection. However, iIm not sure what its purpose is.
Your cable has two jack sockets - one slightly fatter than the other. That end connects into the larger of the two sockets on the aircraft (the smaller hole powers the BA headphones which as yours are battery powered, don't need. It also makes the BA ones less attractive to being procured by passengers) The thinner end of the cable goes into the bottom of one side of your headphones. You cannot use the Bluetooth facility as far as I am aware - it has to be a cable connection.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Is it rectangular or circular? Can you post a photo, or look up the manual for the specific set of headphones purchased which should list contents including name of cable / connector?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 4:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Quick question that I don't think merits a new thread by itself.

I am booked in ET from Heathrow to Hamburg in June, coming back Hamburg-Heathrow then City-Isle of Man on a through ticket. I've booked the Plus ticket (so hold bags and free seat selection at check in) but it says this only becomes available at T-24 hours.

My friend is booked on similar flights (Newcastle-Heathrow-Hamburg and return) and check in for them is at T-48.

Why would this be?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC
IIRC when I researched the adapter for my Sony NC headphones, it is compatible with many airline connections, but the BA one is non-standard. As already mentioned though, it is not required to receive a stereo signal.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
My friend is booked on similar flights (Newcastle-Heathrow-Hamburg and return) and check in for them is at T-48.
I suspect it is actually 48 hours even if it says 24 hours. But thanks to Theoretical Seating and the fact that a big chunk of the passenger load won't get seat selection, I am not sure it matters hugely. I guess in your case you are trying to match seats on the LHR-HAM legs, if you focus on the lower half of the aircraft then it should work out. At OLCI, though, don't print boarding passes or download them on the App until you have got it all sorted.
Arctic Troll likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I guess in your case you are trying to match seats on the LHR-HAM legs, if you focus on the lower half of the aircraft then it should work out. At OLCI, though, don't print boarding passes or download them on the App until you have got it all sorted.
Thanks. Yes, as you can imagine I'm wanting to get us sat together if possible, which if most of the plane gets it at 48 hours could be interesting. I don't mind being in the Recaro seats down the back, so fingers crossed.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Is it rectangular or circular? Can you post a photo, or look up the manual for the specific set of headphones purchased which should list contents including name of cable / connector?
The ends of the cable are circular with one fatter than the other so I will try out when flying with BA long-haul in July. I am flying with Iberia (MAD-Quito) next week so hopefully will be able to use them during the flight.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Yes I was referring to the adapter supplied by Bose.

The headphone cable has one Jack at each end the smaller going into the headphones
Old Apr 16, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it. What does the crew member get when they receive a golden ticket. I gave an online golden ticket to a crew member back in November, yesterday I received an email from him thanking me. 1st question is how did he get my email (not a problem just curious), 2nd question is why did it take so long for him to be told?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.